• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

I keep trying to do the Cloak Tower but I am always infinitely queuing. I have only been able to do it one time. Well, and then that time I tried it solo which didn't go great. lol

If you are level 20 or so you can solo it rather easily, just dodge big attacks and take out the smaller mobs first.

But I say that as a trickster with priority on health steal and regen, so I can heal as I deal
2lANo.png

I might need a reinvite to the guild, guessing I was offline when the guildmaster sent the invite so I never recieved anything. Diablo@Diablohead UK

Somebody had a companion today that you can sell stiff too. How do I get that one?

It's one of the 'pets' you get, you can have a dog, a mobile shop (which deals low fire damage if in combat), a golem for tanks and something for healing.

You get the quests from the main army guy in the town once you hit the right levels.

It's one of the 'pets' you get, you can have a dog, a mobile shop (which deals low fire damage if in combat), a golem for tanks and something for healing.

You get the quests from the main army guy in the town once you hit the right levels.

Is that the same or distinct from Companions?

And can you ever have more than one of those out at a time?

If you are level 20 or so you can solo it rather easily, just dodge big attacks and take out the smaller mobs first.

But I say that as a trickster with priority on health steal and regen, so I can heal as I deal
2lANo.png

I might need a reinvite to the guild, guessing I was offline when the guildmaster sent the invite so I never recieved anything. Diablo@Diablohead UK

Yeah, I was level 17 at the time when I tried it. Going to try to solo it again soon as I am Level 20 since I am just tired of waiting for a group.

Yeah, I got an awesome relic that lets me summon a shopkeeper at will. Super useful when stuck in an instance or a dungeon.

RoKKeR

Ok so is this game catching on or something?? I see it's like the 4th most played game on Live right now! Have yet to fire it up.

dB Viper

^^ So that's why the servers were so bad last night, and I had to wait in a queue to login.

Yes, extremely addicting. Level 34 Scourge Warlock here.

Not into fantasy but creating my character now.

Any advantage over male or female?

Which race is best?

No advantage male vs. female, and no "best" race either (though some will work better with different classes). Look at the bonuses you get and try to figure out what goes with what.

Ok so is this game catching on or something?? I see it's like the 4th most played game on Live right now! Have yet to fire it up.

Kind of proves the thirst for F2P MMOs on console is real. This isn't the best MMO I've ever played, but it's solid, the combat is pretty fun, and it's suited for a controller. Hoping we see some more games head over cough*
Tera
*cough.

Bsigg12

It's F2P where you can work through most of the game without ever spending a dollar if you don't want and it's not half bad for a console MMO.

BTM

So has anyone else have problems getting on? Last night and this morning every time I open the game it stays on the "Connecting to shard provider. Please wait...." for about 30 seconds and then the main menu screen pops up with the "Play" function grayed out and I'm unable to enter.

RoKKeR

Kind of proves the thirst for F2P MMOs on console is real. This isn't the best MMO I've ever played, but it's solid, the combat is pretty fun, and it's suited for a controller. Hoping we see some more games head over cough*
Tera
*cough.

It's F2P where you can work through most of the game without ever spending a dollar if you don't want and it's not half bad for a console MMO.

Oh no I totally get why it might have quite a large amount of players. It's encouraging to see I think, shows that there is a market for this kind of stuff.

And oddly enough even only playing just a little bit it has me excited for ESO. (even though it's not F2P)

RUSHv4

Neo Member
RUSH@RUSHV4

I played this on PC early last year. Starting playing this on Xbox on Saturday. I need some people to play with! I am a half elf, trickster rogue, level 14.

The PvP is really fun but man the team balances are so random, I also score double what my team manages to get because I get paired up with people wearing shit armor lol.

KaYotiX

Banned
Will add my email when I get home, would love to join the guild.

Game is awesome. It hooked me almost instantly.

rpcdrag0n

Met up with some guild members for the first time today, all seemed to work fine once I'd figured out in game text chat.

Back on later - very addictive this game!

Iceman829

I've really been enjoying the game so far. I ended up buying a few things with some cash that I felt like and have been happy with my purchases thus far. I was able to get my Scourge Warlock up to level 20 and my Great Weapon Fighter up to 22 last night. I'm thinking of starting a Hunter Ranger as well now.

I've only been leveling my warlock alongside my friends guardian fighter thus far, so we can play together and do the same quests together while we are on. My weapon fighter just seems to fly through the levels and has been a blast to play.

Now that I joined the guild I'll have to see if I can group up with some of you guys for some fun.

Tera
*cough.

They built it well for the couch players. The combat is fun enough and the quest design isn't overly complicated. A good mixture of short fetch quests and longer missions keeps things varied. The sprinkle trail helps people find their way to the objectives. My only issue is the dungeon queue times are a bit long, although on Sunday I queued up a dungeon and went to clean up from breakfast and came back a few minutes later and missed the queue. I wonder if they are related to the servers being crowded. Also, do you need to put any ikea furniture together this week or are you free to quest in the evenings again?

They built it well for the couch players. The combat is fun enough and the quest design isn't overly complicated. A good mixture of short fetch quests and longer missions keeps things varied. The sprinkle trail helps people find their way to the objectives. My only issue is the dungeon queue times are a bit long, although on Sunday I queued up a dungeon and went to clean up from breakfast and came back a few minutes later and missed the queue. I wonder if they are related to the servers being crowded. Also, do you need to put any ikea furniture together this week or are you free to quest in the evenings again?

Lol. GF's friend is in town this weekend so I will either not be on at all, or have plenty of free time depending on how much shopping they decide to do :p

Agreed on the rest. The trail in particular makes the experience pretty streamlined and friction free.

I queued up for the dungeon yesterday and it took about half an hour. Kind of sucked because it happenned right towards the end of a particularly long quest
When you're storming Razzad's tower
and I assume that progress will be lost now. I almost decided to decline it, but I had ben waiting so long that I went ahead and ran it. Is there a way to queue up for dungeons besides physically heading to the entrance? I need a mount damn it.

Ferny

Lol. GF's friend is in town this weekend so I will either not be on at all, or have plenty of free time depending on how much shopping they decide to do :p

Agreed on the rest. The trail in particular makes the experience pretty streamlined and friction free.

I queued up for the dungeon yesterday and it took about half an hour. Kind of sucked because it happenned right towards the end of a particularly long quest
and I assume that progress will be lost now. I almost decided to decline it, but I had ben waiting so long that I went ahead and ran it. Is there a way to queue up for dungeons besides physically heading to the entrance? I need a mount damn it.

Press Start and then go over to Queues and you can do so there. You dont need to be at the actual dungeon

Bsigg12

For any single player instance, if you load into something like a dungeon or skrimish, it does look like you lose progress. Happened to me on the Spellburst quest. I need a mount as well but need more money to buy one.

Kadin

Just a tip for those of you hesitant to use your mics for whatever reason: USB keyboard works quite well for text-input. I plugged in a keyboard and now when I browse the AH to sell stuff, it's easy to search by name. Go to the search field and just start typing.

Also when wanting to chat in-game, just press Enter and start typing. Just be sure to change to the proper channel first.

Just a tip for those of you hesitant to use your mics for whatever reason: USB keyboard works quite well for text-input. I plugged in a keyboard and now when I browse the AH to sell stuff, it's easy to search by name. Go to the search field and just start typing.

Also when wanting to chat in-game, just press Enter and start typing. Just be sure to change to the proper channel first.

Hmm... does it work with smartglass?

I forgot all about trying to use a usb keyboard, last time I did such a thing it was the final fantasy 11 beta on 360 all those years ago lol

Iceman829

Stay safe santa. If you are looking to group up just join in on the xbl party. Also, yes it seems like all the dungeons I've done have reset and quest progress and sent me back to the town.

Wish they had incorporated smartglass, do wireless keyboards work?

I use a wireless keyboard that has a usb dongle plugged into the xbox and it works great. It's a logitech keyboard from my old pc that I used with my 360 as well.

Bsigg12

I wanted to put together a Neutral Legendary Tier List of Legendries to craft since so many people ask "What Legendary should I craft next?" Let me know your opinion on this list. The order that cards are listed in tier is arbitrary.

Dr. Boom Tier (Craft First)
Dr Boom: He gets his own tier. He's currently the best leg in the game and can fit in almost any deck. If he gets nerfed, you get your dust back. No Brainer

S Tier: (Craft Second)
Sylvannus: She should be your second craft if you have a deck you can slot her in. Really valuable legendary that instantly upgrades several decks. Versatile and powerful.

A Tier: (High Value Cards and Tech Cards)
Ragnoros: Powerful card that can augment any control deck, has an immediate effect. The RNG can screw you over at times but Rag Instantly gives you value before he eats removal.

Ysera: She's fallen out of Favor recently but she used to be pretty interchangeable with Rag. I think she still deserves to be here.

Harrison Jones: A tech card that's usefulness shifts with the meta. A good card to own to tech in an out

The Black Knight: See Harrison Jones

Sneeds Old Shredder: Really somewhere between A and B tier. Value card that's very fun to play. Can be silenced but still leaves behind nice body.

B Tier: (Specialty Cards. Useful in specific decks.)

Bloodmage Thalnos- Good in some rogue decks. Has special uses elsewhere.

Alexstrassa- Good for Control Warrior and Freeze mage. Finds uses in other decks.

C Tier (Can be useful. Probably better to save dust for important epics)

Cairne Bloodhoof: Used to be A Tier. has fallen out of favor with rash of 5 health minions once Naxx came out.

Troggzor: Can punish use of removal. Weak stats for cost.

Leeroy Jenkins: Use to be integral to any aggro deck. After nerf still can be used in face Hunter.

Baron Geddon: Almost put him in B Tier. Really only used in Control Warrior.

Malygos: Same as Geddon, very specific use but not as commonly used as Thalnos and Alex

Huh?

Top Bottom