• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

Eric WK

Man, I didn't even consider that queues would be a problem. I've run Cloak Tower three or four times and it's always less than 30 seconds. It definitely pays to play a healer sometimes.

But yeah, to echo what everyone else has said, game is very fun and really quite decent considering it's free. I have a feeling that before long the paywalls are going to start pissing me off, though. Inventory space is already an issue at level 23.

Orca

Man, I didn't even consider that queues would be a problem. I've run Cloak Tower three or four times and it's always less than 30 seconds. It definitely pays to play a healer sometimes.

But yeah, to echo what everyone else has said, game is very fun and really quite decent considering it's free. I have a feeling that before long the paywalls are going to start pissing me off, though. Inventory space is already an issue at level 23.

Wasn't bad space-wise once I started using the bank. I don't keep much for extra armor/weapons though.

Close to the crown-quest is bugged for me, when I go to Nasher Hideout and to room where I should kill Karzow's guards, after cut scene room is empty and I cannot progress. Anyone having same problems?

Hellers

Once you start climbing the levels you'll fill your available space with about 8 trillion of the rune things you can slot into things. There's about 1000000 varieties and multiple levels of the different varietes.

Yoday

What in the world is going on with this game. Every single time I try to play it times out on the connecting to account server screen. I have tried restarting the system, redownlaoding the game, and I linked my XBL account.

Close to the crown-quest is bugged for me, when I go to Nasher Hideout and to room where I should kill Karzow's guards, after cut scene room is empty and I cannot progress. Anyone having same problems?

Not sure if I am that far yet, I fixed my previous buggy quest by removing it, relogging and taking it up again.

Have you tried changing what instance you are in? I remember seeing an option when you press start to change server.

zorbsie

Had this problem the first time I did and then then I was helping some friends get through it. The problem is you killed his guards before you get to the room. Just head back to the entrance and go outside. The game will tell you your progress will be lost, which in this case is a good thing. When you go back in the enemies will rest and you can go get Karzow. Doing that worked for me both times. Hope it helps you.

Crumbtiny

So I hit 11 yesterday, did someone mention something about being able to pray to you god once a day? you get astral diamonds? I'm sure i'm butchering it, but i thought there was some once a day thing you could start doing at this level.

Killer

Banned
So I hit 11 yesterday, did someone mention something about being able to pray to you god once a day? you get astral diamonds? I'm sure i'm butchering it, but i thought there was some once a day thing you could start doing at this level.
Yeah in Prisoners enclave near a fountain. There should be a quest for it that's when you can use it.

dB Viper

Loving this game so far. Level 28 Scourge Warlock and been just plowing through enemies. I feel like a DPS machine... and with Life Steal, I'm never really near death. Having a blast.

I have 5 gold now and thinking of buying a horse... but damn, those 5 gold took forever to get.

stn

If I want to just run around and quest with one friend, can I do that? Gonna DL the game today or tomorrow.

Archpath1

Loving this game so far. Level 28 Scourge Warlock and been just plowing through enemies. I feel like a DPS machine... and with Life Steal, I'm never really near death. Having a blast.

I have 5 gold now and thinking of buying a horse... but damn, those 5 gold took forever to get.

Just bought my horse,I felt the same way but I think it was because of the value of the things you sold
I was back to 1g pretty fast ,selling lvl 26 gear

Just competed the cloak tower dungeon. Super easy but a lot of fun. Any more word on the guild? I'll be on today if we need help setting it up. GT: suchlikepompo

I did a solo clear of the clock tower dungeon as a level 17 thief, died once but I found the final boss was rather simple, just kill the extra mobs when they spawn with an AOE and use back attack to dodge the bosses attacks, and roll a lot.

The price for unlocking the dragon race is nuts, 7500 coins equals about the price it costs to buy a full retail game new, i'd expect more then just a dragon race for that kind of money.

Canadian

I'm really enjoying the game.

I'm playing as a guardian warrior and made it to level 29. I like how they made the combat engaging. Rather than just spamming attacks, you need to use your shield appropriately to take incoming damage, know when to use your daily power and when to properly attack. It's a fun combat loop that keeps me engaged.

The first few zones seem a little too confined, linear and easy but the game does open up and become more challenging after several hours.

I would say that being a free to play game does not ruin the experience at all. Real money will help buy convenience or cosmetics. Besides that most of the content is there for free and I never feel the need to pay money to get ahead.

I would definitely recommend giving the game a try for anyone curious. Also could I get added to the list of players? If anyone needs a tank for questing or a dungeon let me know. gamertag: holy canadian

Iceman829

I did a solo clear of the clock tower dungeon as a level 17 thief, died once but I found the final boss was rather simple, just kill the extra mobs when they spawn with an AOE and use back attack to dodge the bosses attacks, and roll a lot.

The price for unlocking the dragon race is nuts, 7500 coins equals about the price it costs to buy a full retail game new, i'd expect more then just a dragon race for that kind of money.

You can unlock the dragon race for 2500. The 7500 bundle comes with additional in game items. Special dragon gear gear, a bag, a ring, enchantments, etc. The race bundle for 2500 includes a race reroll if you want to change your current character into a dragonborn.

Had this problem the first time I did and then then I was helping some friends get through it. The problem is you killed his guards before you get to the room. Just head back to the entrance and go outside. The game will tell you your progress will be lost, which in this case is a good thing. When you go back in the enemies will rest and you can go get Karzow. Doing that worked for me both times. Hope it helps you.
I had to log out twice, then finally those guards were in right room.

Damn this game is addicting, and surprisingly good looking. I haven't played MMO's so this is all new to me. But I like that you can do lots of stuff by yourself. World is pretty interesting too, I read lots of Salvatore books when I was in army ten years ago, so this world has special place in my heart. I would love to see Skyrim-like game taking place in Fâerun.

You can unlock the dragon race for 2500. The 7500 bundle comes with additional in game items. Special dragon gear gear, a bag, a ring, enchantments, etc. The race bundle for 2500 includes a race reroll if you want to change your current character into a dragonborn.

ah ok, I must have not checked the store enough.

Oh hey the PVP in this is legit, I was expecting just DPS battles 1 v 1 but it's 5 v 5 3-bases sort of style.

*edit* 394 life steal is dope.

Kadin

So what's the deal with no one listing B/O prices when putting stuff up on the AH? At the rate you level, and the length it takes for the auctions to expire, I don't see much selling especially at the lower levels because whatever you win might be no longer good for ya once it ends. I guess you can try and look for stuff ending soon but I'm not seeing much of that.

One thing I hope they address soon is the crashing to main menu when travelling to another area/instance/structure. At this point I'm expecting to relog every time I switch.

Bsigg12

One thing I hope they address soon is the crashing to main menu when travelling to another area/instance/structure. At this point I'm expecting to relog every time I switch.

Yea I've got this quite a few times. Luckily it is only between instances and not during something like a dungeon with other people.

zorbsie

GAF Guild is up. Thanks to the folks who hopped on to helped out. SkinnerSw33t and Grimm jumped in from Borderlands 2 so we could have a full group. We set it up and literally all went our ways, so I haven't had a chance to look at guild options. I'll make sure to send out invites to everyone on the players list this weekend. Hopefully servers are back up soon. :)

Cipher

Oh nice, the servers are up for me right now. Though I don't think I've added myself to the players list yet.

GT: Razgriz Three

Greendog

Neo Member
Man the Astral diamond exchange is dropping in price like crazy. Yesterday it was around d 300 per zen and just saw it for 90 per.

Cipher

FgMkE0T.jpg

Either the best or worst barmaid.

zorbsie

Guild update, I've had a chance to look at the guild options. I've updated the guild description and found out how to send invites out. And that is the problem. We can send guild invites to people on our friends list who are also playing the game at the same time or we can send invites to your mail box, in game, I assume. But to send to the mail box I need to know your characters name. The format the game is looking for is "character@handle". Bit of a pain. I'm going to add everyone who is on the players list and if we are on at the same time I'll send over a guild invite. In the meantime if you can let me know your character's name I can update the list and send you a guild invite in the mail.

Guild update, I've had a chance to look at the guild options. I've updated the guild description and found out how to send invites out. And that is the problem. We can send guild invites to people on our friends list who are also playing the game at the same time or we can send invites to your mail box, in game, I assume. But to send to the mail box I need to know your characters name. The format the game is looking for is "character@handle". Bit of a pain. I'm going to add everyone who is on the players list and if we are on at the same time I'll send over a guild invite. In the meantime if you can let me know your character's name I can update the list and send you a guild invite in the mail.

Character name is Poodles. Also, just to fill out the rest of the columns, I'm on EST, and I'm playing a Trickster Rogue.

Cipher

Character name is "Kallista Vicelord" I'm playing as a Trickster Rogue.

That would make mine: Lillith@ShorttSirket

... I think.

Keira Shieldheart@Gaschman

PrinceKee

PrynceKee@PrinceKee

I need people to play with that can show me the ropes while playing. Think I'm going to make a new character because after playing the first few missions I wasn't feeling the Archer...

dB Viper

I just defeated the
Charthraxis dragon Heroic Battle
with 9 other lvl 30-35 random dudes. What an fucking epic battle that was. Had 2 minutes to spare on timer.

Top Bottom