• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

Kadin

Has anyone been able to get into the Cloak Tower dungeon? Every time I've tried I've been forever waiting in the queue.
I tried queuing up for it last night and I left after about an hour waiting. Feel really sorry for the guys who go through that wait, get to the end and then don't have a key.

Always have a dungeon key. Always.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Has anyone been able to get into the Cloak Tower dungeon? Every time I've tried I've been forever waiting in the queue.
I've gotten in three times. Just queue it up and go off and do whatever. The game will try to find peeps as long as your queued. When it does you'll get prompted of you still want to do it.

Cloak Tower Queue took a while for me and my friends as well. We gave up and went into the entrance, found a random dude waiting there, invited him, and 4-manned it. It was easy! Hoping bosses in later dungeons will involve more than just tank'n spank. Anyone with PC experience tell me if the later bosses are more involved?

Kadin

Well the lag spikes are in full effect tonight. I'm warping around everywhere. Luckily I haven't died due to it though it would probably take a lot. Steam rolling through everything pretty much.

It's not handled well. If you play with the options there's a section called Queues, which is basically a lfg tool. However nowhere does it tell you to use this, or explain what it is if you use it. There's also no nearby voice chat. My experience with groups is everybody runs off.

Elder Scrolls Online on console (comes out first week of June) does include full in game grouping tools and locational voice chat.

That's dissappointing. I was hoping for a more traditional MMORPG experience, which I don't think ESO is going to quite fit.

I wish someone would figure out a way to get full proximity voice chat to work, where someone's voice fades as you walk away, becoming inaudible past a certain radius. It would be fantastic to be in a game and walk into a crowded city, hearing all the people talking nearby in a realistic sense where you only catch bits and pieces if lots of people are around. But if you walk right up to a person and talk directly to them their voice breaks away from the crowd and becomes more clear.

The day an MMORPG manage to accomplish this will be glorious (unless I've missed it and one already has on pc?).

Rolled a guardian fighter and played up till level 9. Really enjoying the game now.

Hunter was fun, but I'm just so much more comfortable with a Sword & Board warrior.

I tried queuing up for it last night and I left after about an hour waiting. Feel really sorry for the guys who go through that wait, get to the end and then don't have a key.

Always have a dungeon key. Always.

Do you really get no loot from the dungeon if you don't have a key?

You get one per day for free, then have to buy them for like 2000 ADs. Seems like a good way of keeping people from doing the dungeons very often.

statham

Ive collected like 30 locked boxes that need something like a $1.25 key to open each, worth it? or just ignore? is anything good in them?

That's dissappointing. I was hoping for a more traditional MMORPG experience, which I don't think ESO is going to quite fit.

I wish someone would figure out a way to get full proximity voice chat to work, where someone's voice fades as you walk away, becoming inaudible past a certain radius. It would be fantastic to be in a game and walk into a crowded city, hearing all the people talking nearby in a realistic sense where you only catch bits and pieces if lots of people are around. But if you walk right up to a person and talk directly to them their voice breaks away from the crowd and becomes more clear.

The day an MMORPG manage to accomplish this will be glorious (unless I've missed it and one already has on pc?).

All you would hear is blatant racism, obscenities and fart jokes... certainly realistic.

All you would hear is blatant racism, obscenities and fart jokes... certainly realistic.

I dunno, I would hope that a majority of the folks playing MMORPGs aren't the dudebro crowd that flies to the latest shooter like a flock of greckels and shits up the place until the next AAA shooter comes out.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

If the voices I heard were anything like the text I used to read in area chat in WoW it would be fine. I'd love to walk into the bazaar and hear another player plying his/her wares "Get your potions here! Fresh potions made from the rarest ingredients! A must have for your group if you're going to tackle the Tower Master encounter, get your potions here!".

That would be very, very cool.

And if they could figure this out I'm sure they could include a profanity filter since all the voices you hear would have to be routed through the server first, with voice-recognition profanity filters muting them on-the-fly. Or simply selective muting of other players just by looking/mousing over their character and clicing a hotkey combo to mute them (which of course I'm sure people will say you'd have to mute SO many people... but I hope not).

There was proxy chat eventually in Defiance and it wasn't that bad. I rarely heard negative types.

I'm assuming the dungeon queue will match up 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps? Sat in the queue for a while on my rogue last night before giving up. I'm going to level my guardian and try it out again this weekend. Anyway, I'm pretty impressed with this game so far! It has its problems but I'm having a blast.

zorbsie

Ive collected like 30 locked boxes that need something like a $1.25 key to open each, worth it? or just ignore? is anything good in them?

If you inspect the lockbox it will show you what could be in the box. 1 of 8 items. I think dota works the same way. Right now I don't feel it's worth it. Maybe when I'm higher level and the lockbox has a chance to get something I really want. Every time you see the giant yellow text in the middle of the screen is when someone opens one of the lockboxes.

Special C

I'm a little disappointed in the difficulty. Ended up doing first dungeon with a 18, 13, 13, 12. That's three people right at minimum level and a man short. It was painfully easy. I'm hoping the later game content gets more challenging.

I'm enjoying this game but I feel the free to play paywall is interfering with my enjoyment. I have 60+ tyrannical boxes and find it really annoying that there isn't any other way to open them other than paying for keys. I did spend $5 from my American account and got a pile of junk from them.

I'm LVL 25 at the moment but I may end up just buying The Elder Scrolls Online. The new trailer had me hyped! Anyone else thinking of picking up Elder Scrolls Online?

I've not had the MMO bug since I was playing WOW back in college.

Ashodin

I'm a little disappointed in the difficulty. Ended up doing first dungeon with a 18, 13, 13, 12. That's three people right at minimum level and a man short. It was painfully easy. I'm hoping the later game content gets more challenging.
Dungeons below 30 are easy mode.

You get one per day for free, then have to buy them for like 2000 ADs. Seems like a good way of keeping people from doing the dungeons very often.
There's loot that comes directly from bosses.

Ugh, forgot to log in yesterday to do my daily bonus :(.

Ya, I'm having the same issues with clocktower when playing solo. The other dungeons I can get into no problem just by queing up. I'll have to try and party up with friends to do it tonight.

Iceman829

How can I join those hourly special events?

Which events are your referring to?

I believe you are asking about the adventure zone contests and more specifically the Relic Hunt one from early on. Approach this like an easter egg hunt, where you are trying to collect more special items than everyone else within a time period. The items are scattered throughout the zone and have the same hazy stuff around it like someone you would use a nature/religion/etc kit on. Try looking inside the broken buildings and check the corners for them. You get enchantments as rewards. The better you place the better the rewards.

There was a quest around level 11 where I had to hunt down a spellsacred troll, I did but it never progressed the mission no matter how many I killed.

Is this a known bug to anyone? or am I just doing a dumb.

Special C

While I was playing the Event cycled between Skirmish, PvP, and Dungeon Delve. After the dungeon delve it says "Next Professions" "Next Skirmish" but there was no longer a timer. Not sure what that was all about.

Is there an app/website where we can do professions away from the Xbox? I know you can do it on PC.

Orca

Finally got into Cloak Tower and got HOOKED UP by the loot gods. Blue boots, chest, gloves, and two new weapons :)

Makes up for all the Destiny runs with nothing to show for them.

Kadin

There are random 'Dungeon Delve hours' that run during the day which will have the chest free to open. Beyond that, you'll need a key to open the chest, of which you get one free per day from Rhix.

dB Viper

I was running the Crypt dungeon and out of nowhere it brings up the loading screen and I'm back in the main tower. WTF.

BTM

How long does it normally take to queue for the Cloak Tower run? I've been waiting for about 15 minutes now

stn

Assuming I don't buy anything, how much of this game is limited if I only play it for free? Thanks.

Bsigg12

Between the skirmishes and the daily dungeon, I'm actually really enjoying this. I'm thinking about getting some of the enchanted keys to open up some of the tyrannical lockboxes I have but I'm not sure how I want to get the Zen yet.

Assuming I don't buy anything, how much of this game is limited if I only play it for free? Thanks.

You can pretty much do anything but without real cash its a long long loongg grind.

Everything is so high priced.

I'm level 23 now and don't think I'll continue after 30. Paying real money for extra bags, characters and even a guild bank is too ridiculous for me.

I rather pay for a B2P game and be done with it.

jesu

I looked for it and couldn't find it. Shit's not organized that well in the store though so I could have missed it. Definitely want to try the dungeon tonight as long as the GF isn't taking up the TV (Hurry up Win10 streaming!).

The dragon born race reroll bundle is in services for 2500 zen.
Just saw it.

statham

Completed the cloak tower with 1 other player, died like 5 times, used up 20 potions, Don't think we killed one of the big bosses unless he did, we separated for awhile and I ran. Killed the final boss with no potions left. Took about 20+ minutes. I'm at level 17. Highly recommend you go in with more players.

zorbsie

Do we have a bunch of people over level 15 now? Can we set a time to meet up to set the guild up? It will take 5 players all above level 15.

Do we have a bunch of people over level 15 now? Can we set a time to meet up to set the guild up? It will take 5 players all above level 15.
I can use my lvl 16 rogue if you can invite my newbie guardian after its set up! I'm assuming guilds are per character and not account. My GT: suchlikepompo. Character name: Snippy. I'll be on in a bit so message me when you need help.

I'll be around In about an hour and we can try then. If not, ill be on most of the night I'm sure. My fiancee loves watching this game for some reason. No complaints!

Figments

So I started playing this back on launch day, saw the thread, but kinda let it sit for a while as I learned the game.

It's surprisingly fun. I'm at Level 15 with my Scourge Warlock, playing when I find the time. If we're doing a guild, I'd love to be a part.

GT: Figments0
Character: Figments
US PST

Crumbtiny

Hey guys, I'll be on for awhile tonight (playing some Axiom Verge right now and waiting on dinner delivery). Wife is going to bed early and will be at work most of the day tomorrow so I'll be on late tonight and most of the day tomorrow.

Message me if you want to play or group up.

GT: Gashlycrumb
Character name: Bamf
US Central Time

Level 9 or so, Trickster Rogue. Really enjoying the game. Kind of tempted to throw some money at it, but not sure what pack would be best. Definitely want a character slot or two, not sure which pack would provide the most bang for my buck.

Bizzquik

Hi hi. It's all a matter of personal preference basically. ESO was my first MMO. I think it's systems will work better on console than Neverwinter, as ESO was always designed with console in mind.

For example, the ESO UI is minimal, there's no random numbers appearing on screen for damage etc, and there's only 5 skills (which maps to XB1 controller perfectly). In Neverwinter there's so many skills you have to do things like hold down a bumper and press right D pad to do a basic combat move.

The biggest first negatives I noticed in ESO, for me, was that bow aim to complete auto aim - you barely even need to look in the same direction as enemies - and that totally took me out of the game at first. And the quality of animation of NPCs does not match that of Skyrim (or Oblivion). But these qualities are common across all MMOs, it's the trade off for the game type.

I think Neverwinter benefits from having much more variety in races and classes than ESO.

ESO benefits from, frankly, Elder Scrolls. The minute you finish the tutorial you can sneak around pick pocketing people and breaking into their houses while they work. You can run out into the mountains of Morrowind or into the jungles of the Khajiits. You can journey to the home of the Wood Elves and visit the headquarters of the racist power hungry Thalmor. You can go to Cyrodiil and play with hundreds of people battling over one fort (as I write this I just wrapped up a fort battle that involved thousands and went on for FOUR HOURS). It's set 800 years before Skyrim, and those forts are the destroyed ones you ultimately see in Oblivion.

In other words, I think ESO is great when it works, and it's a shame the gaming community hates it.

I think Neverwinter is worth a casual play, as it will introduce you to MMO concepts. I actually wish I had played it before ESO, as it would have made ESO seem more magical in systems. First person view alone is a leap forward, let alone the fucking huge game world etc.

Thanks a lot for the detailed analysis. :)

RyudBoy

I finally died for the first time at level 26, and it was a marvelous death.

Game is addicting... fucking MMORPGs.

I'm enjoying this game but I feel the free to play paywall is interfering with my enjoyment. I have 60+ tyrannical boxes and find it really annoying that there isn't any other way to open them other than paying for keys. I did spend $5 from my American account and got a pile of junk from them.

I'm LVL 25 at the moment but I may end up just buying The Elder Scrolls Online. The new trailer had me hyped! Anyone else thinking of picking up Elder Scrolls Online?

I've not had the MMO bug since I was playing WOW back in college.

I don't know if it works this way on the Xbox One version (only played a bit the first day so far), but on the PC you could sell Astra Diamonds to other players for Zen. It's an insane exchange rate, but you could run dailies and sell stuff on the AH to save up Diamonds and then sell those for Zen that you could use to buy keys to open the boxes.

Obscured

Dumb questions.

Is the only way to open a Tyrannical lockbox by buying enchanted keys for Zen (real monies)?

I was playing last night and clicked some combination of buttons where my ranger stopped using his bow and started using melee weapons. I couldn't figure out what I did or how to switch back. After running through a quest with a random group (I accidently hit a trying to pick up a crate and joined two other guys and then just stuck with them for a half hour) it switched back after we completed, but I have no idea why.

Answering my own question about the melee (which eventually I had answered because when I ranked up enough there was a quest.) But it is RB to switch stances. It was weird when it first happened though as I didn't notice the animation which shows the stance you are in which is pretty damn obvious.

Anyway, games is addicting as hell.

I had already added my GT: Mouroutaru, but didn't mention that I'm MST although on at odd times, typically middle of the day or later at night.

Top Bottom