• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

Karak

Good on you. Nothing wrong with spending money on things that you enjoy. I've spent and will spend more with no problem lol.

Yep throwing a dev a bone for an enjoyable game isn't wrong at all. Its right.

Also I was talking to a couple devs and there is a good deal of focus on Neverwinter right now by a couple other F2P companies trying to sort out how to do it right on consoles like this game seems to be doing. That is great news. Hoping it continues to do well.

I'm about to drop 60$ on this game to show some support to the Devs. I'm having fun with this game and it feels wrong for me not to give them some cash. I feel I should give them what it would cost me to buy this game retail. I may even spend more down the line, depending on how much longer I play this with my buddies.

Matriox

I'm about to drop 60$ on this game to show some support to the Devs. I'm having fun with this game and it feels wrong for me not to give them some cash. I feel I should give them what it would cost me to buy this game retail. I may even spend more down the line, depending on how much longer I play this with my buddies.

I dropped over $60 on the pc version, and still ended up dropping $45 on the XB1 after telling myself not to.. By the by, game is great and deserves my money. Glad to see it doing well, as I said a page or so ago I can't seem to peel myself away.

Somnia

Played a bit last night and I'm really impressed with how the XB1 version has turned out and the town was PACKED which is a great sign. Hope it continues to do well.

dB Viper

Going to drop some cash for the devs too. I downloaded this just on a whim because it was free.... well, 46 levels later... I can't put it down and keep trying to find more and more time to play.

Did the Pirate King dungeon last night with 4 randoms. Finally a dungeon with no framerate issues. Ran through it extremely fast.

zorbsie

Sounds good zorbs. I'll probably be home in the early evening EST. I should be on most of the night as well. I'll hit up guild chat when I get on.

Cool. I'll be on all night except for the time it take to round up the kids and put them to bed around 9ish EST. Other than that I'll be playing games. :)

Iceman829

I should be on 9-930 tonight. I checked the area out after Monkey left, ended up killing him (her?). 2 lvl 60s did all the work.

Nice! I had a group of 40s waiting for it to spawn when I jumped off. Monkey told me he ran out of time earlier when he tried to kill it. Either way tonight, it dies!

I used my 7 celestial coins today on the coffer of wondrous augmentation and got two rank 4 stones and a gem worth 500 upgrade points, not bad!

The coins you get from daily prayers cap at 7 so make sure you use them.

*edit* people are quitting out of PvP now if they lose the plates early, and high level pvp seems to be a real spam fest of powers.

Kadin

Well I just sold a bunch of diamonds for Zen and picked up a Heavy Worg mount for $20 after a coupon discount. Along with the Heirloom Pack, I think I've spent my money okay. Still wish I had another bag or two but I'll deal with that for now.

Game has its hooks in me completely now.

Eric WK

Well I just sold a bunch of diamonds for Zen and picked up a Heavy Worg mount for $20 after a coupon discount. Along with the Heirloom Pack, I think I've spent my money okay. Still wish I had another bag or two but I'll deal with that for now.

Game has its hooks in me completely now.

I'm bummed that I didn't use the mount coupon when I received it. Apparently they only drop randomly after level 20, although you can level a second character to 20 to get another one. I'm not sure whether to wait or bite the bullet.

What's this about a coupon? I looted some thing that said it would grant me a temporary mount but I didn't use it. By that point I had purchased the black horse from the zen market so that my halfling rogue would look like a tiny Zorro. Worth it.

I used my 7 celestial coins today on the coffer of wondrous augmentation and got two rank 4 stones and a gem worth 500 upgrade points, not bad!

*edit* people are quitting out of PvP now if they lose the plates early, and high level pvp seems to be a real spam fest of powers.

The celestial coins stack to 7, but you want to keep invoking even with 7/7 to keep getting ardent coins, don't you? Otherwise how would you be able to get the higher cost items in the celestial store for 100+ coins...?

Iceman829

The celestial coins stack to 7, but you want to keep invoking even with 7/7 to keep getting ardent coins, don't you? Otherwise how would you be able to get the higher cost items in the celestial store for 100+ coins...?

2 different sets of coins. 2 different stores to buy items. Use LB/RB to swap between them.

Also, anyone here interested in a SMITE early access key?

Special C

Whats with these annoying "Beat a Skirmish or PvP THREE TIMES dailies." I know the rewards are higher but give me the one and dones. I barely have enough time to quest as it is.

dB Viper

Whats with these annoying "Beat a Skirmish or PvP THREE TIMES dailies." I know the rewards are higher but give me the one and dones. I barely have enough time to quest as it is.

I skip the Skirmish ones... because yeah, 3x? no thanks.

I grab the daily dungeon ones each time I login.

ShogunX

Happened to me earlier, Got left 5v3 and despite finishing top of the leaderboard it pissed me off to no end. It's hard fighting Rogue's already but when two of them are back stabbing you whilst invisible it becomes a bit of a joke.

I skip the Skirmish ones... because yeah, 3x? no thanks.

I grab the daily dungeon ones each time I login.

You could probably do the 3x skirmishes in the same time it takes to do the likes of Cragmire anyway.

Kadin

What's this about a coupon? I looted some thing that said it would grant me a temporary mount but I didn't use it. By that point I had purchased the black horse from the zen market so that my halfling rogue would look like a tiny Zorro. Worth it.
You can get coupons when you level (or even as random loot drops) that give you a temporary discount for stuff on the Zen Market. I just got and used a 15% discount on a mount. Took the 3700 cost down to 3145 for the mount. Along with selling some diamonds for Zen, it takes the cost down to an 'acceptable' amount imo.

Iceman829

It took me some time, but I sent out the codes I had to the first people that responded to me. Check your PMs. Sorry for those who didn't get 1. I only had 2 codes.

Special C

You can get coupons when you level (or even as random loot drops) that give you a temporary discount for stuff on the Zen Market. I just got and used a 15% discount on a mount. Took the 3700 cost down to 3145 for the mount. Along with selling some diamonds for Zen, it takes the cost down to an 'acceptable' amount imo.

I should have waited for a coupon, but I couldn't wait for that 110% speed.

Cool thanks for the answers

RyudBoy

Hit lv60 on my hunter ranger and I went back and solo'd some dungeons that I missed. I don't know if I can grind another character to 60 for that achievement, but it's something I'll consider.

Ok, and now I have hit a major road block. Cloak tower is beating my ass. I can't ever find anyone who wants to help me there, and when I do it solo I'm slaughtered. I went at 15 scourge warlock and the level 17 mobs destroy me. I have no more quests to do either...

statham

Is profession worth leveling up and I have quite a bit of professions resources they I could sell for several gold, thoughts?

j0hnnix

I'm still running into connectivity issues... I log in and it immediately starts to say server not responding.. not sure if it's the Xbox WiFi or the game. My HTPA downloads and uploads fine and they are sitting in the same local. Streaming HD movies on the Xbox is fine as well.

Eric WK

Ok, and now I have hit a major road block. Cloak tower is beating my ass. I can't ever find anyone who wants to help me there, and when I do it solo I'm slaughtered. I went at 15 scourge warlock and the level 17 mobs destroy me. I have no more quests to do either...

Queue for it?

zorbsie

Is profession worth leveling up and I have quite a bit of professions resources they I could sell for several gold, thoughts?

I've been leveling leadership and weaponsmith, but it feels like make work. It's just there as another thing to keep an eye on and come back and change. I highly doubt I'll be making amazing gear anytime soon. I figured, since I'm totally into the game I might as well go all in. :)

Bsigg12

I just keep picking the 6 hour tasks to try and level up some things up. I don't quite know what else I'm going to do with them.

Iceman829

I'm still running into connectivity issues... I log in and it immediately starts to say server not responding.. not sure if it's the Xbox WiFi or the game. My HTPA downloads and uploads fine and they are sitting in the same local. Streaming HD movies on the Xbox is fine as well.

I think you are samcro and you were having issues the other day. Have you checked your connection through the xbox in the setting menu? Is it giving you any restrictions or NAT issues?

Cipher

I've been leveling leadership and weaponsmith, but it feels like make work. It's just there as another thing to keep an eye on and come back and change. I highly doubt I'll be making amazing gear anytime soon. I figured, since I'm totally into the game I might as well go all in. :)

Yep plus some of the rewards I've gotten have been astral diamonds.

j0hnnix

I think you are samcro and you were having issues the other day. Have you checked your connection through the xbox in the setting menu? Is it giving you any restrictions or NAT issues?

Yup. That's me. Lol. No nat issues, have the Xbox on the dmz.

Relocated my router. See if that helps... I did notice 1% packet loss now it's at 0%.

Hit lv60 on my hunter ranger and I went back and solo'd some dungeons that I missed. I don't know if I can grind another character to 60 for that achievement, but it's something I'll consider.

level 60 in around a week is rather fast for a mmo I think, saying that what sort of endgame does neverwinter have?

Eric WK

Leadership is one of the main AD streams at 60, but it takes about four months to hit level 20 with it.

Jewelcrafting offers a best-in-slot piece.

They're totally not required, but probably worth doing if you're so inclined. I really wish Xbox had the Gateway like PC does so you could manage professions without being in game -- an app would be so very welcome.

Seals of the lion are only useful at the lion seal vendor right? And just for the gear he offers?

I'm pretty sure that's the case, yes.

You can use this table to purchase gear with seals and then vendor the gear for gold if you have superfluous seals.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Mallory_Knight

statham

Thanks guys for the response about professions. I think its not for me, going to sell my profession supplies.

Top Bottom