• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

Kadin

Anyone know why some quests won't show a path when you're out of the zone? I can be in PE and have a (working) quest lead me to the gate which then will make me select where I want to go and then another quest just show a red icon instead of the yellow one, with no path. But with this red one, if I select it and then guess the right area to go to, as soon as I arrive then I have a yellow icon again and a patch leading me where to go. Also this red quest doesn't typically show the name of it when browsing the areas so that doesn't help either.

The biggest issue is just by reading the quest descriptions, they don't tell you what area the quest is for. This can become a problem when you've been doing dungeons/skirmishes/pvp for a while and are juggling quests from different areas. I feel like I'm missing something because I can't look at my quest log and know what area to go back to to finish a specific quest.

RyudBoy

My companion every so often, points and laughs at me........

I disabled both of my companions after leveling them up. Sometimes I just want to run pass everything and my dumb companion would aggro baddies which would prevent me from hitting switches, etc.

It also sucks that you have to pay to level them up after 20, so buh-bye.

Eric WK

Anyone know why some quests won't show a path when you're out of the zone? I can be in PE and have a (working) quest lead me to the gate which then will make me select where I want to go and then another quest just show a red icon instead of the yellow one, with no path. But with this red one, if I select it and then guess the right area to go to, as soon as I arrive then I have a yellow icon again and a patch leading me where to go. Also this red quest doesn't typically show the name of it when browsing the areas so that doesn't help either.

The biggest issue is just by reading the quest descriptions, they don't tell you what area the quest is for. This can become a problem when you've been doing dungeons/skirmishes/pvp for a while and are juggling quests from different areas. I feel like I'm missing something because I can't look at my quest log and know what area to go back to to finish a specific quest.

Yeah, it's a pain. I tend to not start an area unless I'm prepared to finish it without leaving. And traveling is so tedious without fast travel between parts of a zone. More and more I'm realizing the need to buy an epic mount.

Aquila

It's a shame there's no chance of this being crossplay with PC. I'll get a One eventually but not just yet. I've been watching some friends stream in the mean time.

Would you rather have a Rage Drake mount or the armored warg? One of my friends actually got the drake drop but would rather have at least $500k to put towards his guild and a warg. I said he was crazy but there's a few hours left on his auction still.

Cipher

game needs more and cheaper fashion items, Beta had more, but I only see 3 between $10-$15 bucks

After getting the peasant's stuff at the beginning of the game I'm surprised there hasn't been any more fashion items other than the ones you see in the zen market.

statham

After getting the peasant's stuff at the beginning of the game I'm surprised there hasn't been any more fashion items other than the ones you see in the zen market.

me too, I expected just some minor things, but we got nothing.

Eric WK

Thanks.

Also am I supposed to repeat dungeons and skirmishes to get to the appropriate level for the next zone? Also what level is recommended for charthraxis?

I would just intersperse dungeons, skirmishes and PvP with your normal play to complete dailies and you shouldn't have a problem. Also make sure you complete zones before moving onto the next to save yourself the headache of having to run all over and between zones, but also because if you do that you should be able to hit 60 without finishing them all and you'll never be underleveled.

This game is quite enjoyable when you're not getting disconnected every time you enter a new area.

If you're not already, make sure you completely quit the game between play sessions and don't use the resume feature. That seems to clear it up for most people, although I still have problems every now and then even doing that.

If you're not already, make sure you completely quit the game between play sessions and don't use the resume feature. That seems to clear it up for most people, although I still have problems every now and then even doing that.

Yup, this has completely fixed the problem for me. However, today I am getting timed out a lot. Is it happening to anyone else?

Also, anyone in the mood to drop Cartha-whatever today? Still haven't been in a group who could kill him.

Doffen

Yeah, but it still happens more often than I'd like.

dB Viper

Awesome. I just purchased $50 in ZEN and none of it is my account. I'm getting Authentication Failed, please try again later. My card has been charged though and MS support said they tried to refund but NW has locked it. Apparently hundreds of people having this issue. Fucking awesome.

They better get to my ticket soon.

Bsigg12

Awesome. I just purchased $50 in ZEN and none of it is my account. I'm getting Authentication Failed, please try again later. My card has been charged though and MS support said they tried to refund but NW has locked it. Apparently hundreds of people having this issue. Fucking awesome.

I was just about to ask this. I purchased $20 worth but nothing is showing up so it seems like it's a Cryptic issue since Microsoft billed me. Great.

Special C

I had this issue with warframe, but the zen pack I bought on Neverwinter went right through.

Karak

I am now with MS talking to them about it. I just charged 300.00 on mine by trying to buy something a single time. Same thing. Failed Authorization said to try again later, did so and nothing. Checked my bank balance and it hammered the shit out of me.

Next time those dudes need to change that warning to "Please try again in a month or so." I waited a damn hour and it still did this.

Hellers

Top tip. Once you're at the level where you can do your first dungeon you can also pick up the daily dungeon quest. Finish any dungeon for 6k rough astral diamonds. You get it from the guy two stands over from the guy who gives you your daily dungeon key.

What's the deal with the crystals and plants you can pickup in the cloak tower? You seem to have to put them on the altars at the end but I've never seen it done.

Special C

I havent been able to play in a while and was looking forward to playing after work tonight. Going to really suck if the server issues are still going on.

Iceman829

I havent been able to play in a while and was looking forward to playing after work tonight. Going to really suck if the server issues are still going on.

I've been having issues with zoning while in a party for some of the day. No issues with skirmish/dungeons beyond the usual lazy teammates.

BradC00

what's up with charthraxis? some kind of heroic encounter where no one knows what to do so you wipe constantly or what?

what's up with charthraxis? some kind of heroic encounter where no one knows what to do so you wipe constantly or what?

Wiping isn't the problem I have seen, but killing him in the alloted time. I was in one instance where we were going to get him. He was down to his last bar and we had seven minutes left.... Then timeout. Went back in and it put me in a new instance.

*sigh*

EBE

chump dragon. killed him several times now. his drop isnt even worth it. just gotta get lucky with your instance and hope theres enough people wailing on him to beat him.

BradC00

chump dragon. killed him several times now. his drop isnt even worth it. just gotta get lucky with your instance and hope theres enough people wailing on him to beat him.

is he a part of the harper campaign? I need some kind of coin or something.

EBE

is he a part of the harper campaign? I need some kind of coin or something.

he might be but hes not necessary to completing it. once youre able to initiate the harper campaign you can take the 'common cause' and 'culling the cultists' quests from harper boward in protector's enclave. these take place in neverdeath graveyard, where you can also take 'dead men do tell tales' or something like that. do them three days in a row and you complete that portion of the tyranny of dragons campaign. they'll net you all you need to procede with the questline until you get to ebon downs.

at least, i think thats how it works. dont forget to initiate the quest in the main menu. its got some weird timer that makes me think all you need to do is accept the quest and wait 24 hours for it to complete, similar to how professions work. the game did a poor job of explaining this and many other things to me.

Karak

Can someone invite me to the guild again? I got flooded with invites and system messages when I loggedin and canceled a bunch of shit and after I did I remembered seeing a glimpse of the word Neogaf:)
My data is on the spreadsheet! sorry peeps

Sioul

Hello guys, I'm playing a DC and I was looking for good PvE builds. Are the Xbox and PC versions the same? I found some good PC guides but I don't know if we are playing the same module

zorbsie

Can someone invite me to the guild again? I got flooded with invites and system messages when I loggedin and canceled a bunch of shit and after I did I remembered seeing a glimpse of the word Neogaf:)
My data is on the spreadsheet! sorry peeps

Sent one over to you dude.

statham

wish the money system was more simplified, too many and I have no idea how much each is worth, I just bought another currency, because I maxed out on a certain coin they give when you pray. like do copper, silver, gold and zen, any more is too much, or maybe silver, gold, diamonds and zen.

speaking of that, how often can you pray? I think its 90 minutes.

Top Bottom