• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

oktarb

I played this on PC. How's the experience on XBO? Decent controller support? Localized audio chat available? Final Fantasy on PS4 is pretty good but the controls just never really click. You can tell it was forced onto the controller instead of build with the controller in mind. ESO definitely aimed for the controller from day one.

Iceman829

Well, GT: Victor 5avage, username: Demandred/5 scourge warlock anyone wanna hit me up with an invite?

yeah but, any good skills to level? I'm lost and confused

I only play my warlock with my friends tank class, so I have been slowly specing myself for distance fights and I don't get hit by too many things. I made a list of some of the skills I have been using. Also, I curse the main target I am engaging for the added bonuses.

Vampiric Embrace: Rip the life essence from your target, dealing damage and converting 50% of that damage into Hit Points. (I use this since most random parties don't have healers)

Dreadtheft: You unleash a dark beam that lances through your enemies. This power will continue to fire for up to 6 seconds or until you release the button. (Thus far it seems to be effective against large groups and armored targets. You can turn it off at any point before the 6 seconds are up to start the cooldown earlier if you killed the target/s)

Killing Flames: You use your target's suffering to fuel infernal flames around them. Damage increased based on the percentage of target's missing hit points, and killing your target with this power builds 25% more action points and spawns a Soul Puppet. (I have been looking to replace this one as I don't really make use of the soul puppet as it doesn't not fit my play style)

As for daily powers I have only been using Brood of Hadar and Accursed Souls thus far. Accursed Souls is a back up special if I am in need of healing, but I haven't used it much. I normally use Brood of Hadar, but just switched to Flames of Phelgethos to see which one I like more.

I'm still playing around with the class and really have no idea what I'm doing. In random matchmade dungeons I'm always the top damage dealer, so either everyone else is terrible, my gear is amazing or I'm doing an okay job. I think my character is mid 20s in level, so I may not be able to answer your question properly

zorbsie

Also, with a keyboard you can press enter to access chat. You can hit esc to exit to cancel chat.

WHAT! That's awesome. Great, now I'm on the look out for a keyboard to plug into the console. Wish the chatpad made it over from the 360. I loved typing on that thing.

Iceman829

WHAT! That's awesome. Great, now I'm on the look out for a keyboard to plug into the console. Wish the chatpad made it over from the 360. I loved typing on that thing.

I'm still working on a way to switch between types of chat on the keyboard. I know it's RB on the controller, but can't find a shortcut on the keyboard which is sad. The only bright side is I'm always either in guild chat now and/or on xbl party chat.

Carcetti

No, there is no cross play, the game will always be behind the PC. Also, none of your PC characters or items will carry over.

This is always so disappointing. I was hoping to find some new people to play with on console front, and once again nothing transfers. Don't really want to start a new character that I already have on max level on pc either, so guess no Xbox NWN for me.

Iceman829

Will the Xbox take any wireless keyboard? Also are the servers haVing issue?

I'm using a wireless keyboard from like 7 years ago. It's a logitech and has a usb dongle I plugged into the rear of the console and hide behind my tv. I believe it shouldn't have any issues with any usb keyboard / usb wireless model.

j0hnnix

I'm using a wireless keyboard from like 7 years ago. It's a logitech and has a usb dongle I plugged into the rear of the console and hide behind my tv. I believe it shouldn't have any issues with any usb keyboard / usb wireless model.

Nice I will test with the one I have I will need it on the side since it's my HTPC keyboard

Iceman829

Nice I will test with the one I have I will need it on the side since it's my HTPC keyboard

It should work all the same. I used the rear since the dongle is an eyesore and I'm a neat freak with the wires.

Do you need to be 25 or 26 to do the dragon hunt? I remember seeing something about a quest line starting at level 26, but wasn't sure if that is tied to the dragons.

Cipher

If you want to see some chatting, you should go to that tavern that's floating in the conclave. It's an... experience.

dB Viper

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Damage and Power?

I have an item that has -23 to Damage and +73 to Power and +172 to Crit Strike. I can find out power on my stats page, but nothing about Damage...

Special C

Yep Zen Prices are consistently rising. I'm buying Zen with Crystals the moment I get them. I'm hoping they plateau during this double diamond week so I can sell all the Zen back for maximum profit. Anyone know how the PC prices typically trend? Do they go up and down often?

Eric WK

Empty guild chat is likely a function of only a handful of people being on at any one time and it being a pain in the ass. I think we should definitely start adding each other to friends lists and use party chat when possible. There's also a lot of level disparity right now, but once that evens out I'm guessing there will be more to talk about.

Lack of chat in general changes considerably once you hit the level 30+ zones. Seems like trade chat, looking for group and zone chat are turned off until then.

Yep Zen Prices are consistently rising. I'm buying Zen with Crystals the moment I get them. I'm hoping they plateau during this double diamond week so I can sell all the Zen back for maximum profit. Anyone know how the PC prices typically trend? Do they go up and down often?

From what I've read PC has been stuck at right around 500 AD/1 Zen for quite a while.

Archpath1

Ebon Down blows up in chat for the Dragon event, lots of instance changing, farming

I usually use chat but text seems to disappear rather quickly

statham

Im jumping in on this. Are there in demand classes like healers were in WoW?

I played a dungeon with a healer earlier today and it made a huge difference IMO. No idea if they are in high demand, but appreciate when they are on the team.

Eric WK

Alrighty, did the tutorial with the cleric...want me baby

http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/752-kaelacs-module-5-devoted-cleric-guide/

This should prove helpful.

10.4GB I believe.

How much have you guys spent? so far I only bought the $10 24 item bag, it has helped alot.

I would have recommended the Heirloom Pack for $20. Includes the same bag plus gear every 5 levels, a companion and a respec token. That's all I've purchased. Going to try converting AD to Zen for a purple mount as my next purchase.

statham

I would have recommended the Heirloom Pack for $20. Includes the same bag plus gear every 5 levels, a companion and a respec token. That's all I've purchased. Going to try converting AD to Zen for a purple mount as my next purchase.
dang it, I have thought about buying another bag, If I do, I'll grab that one. Hows the companion?

dB Viper

Level 43 Scourge Warlock now. I'm currently at 2400 Power and pretty much one shotting stuff in the Pirates Cove area. Dude is a DPS freak-a-zoid. I still need to find better gear... 3/4's of my stuff are greens.

Looking forward to some GAF dungeon runs.

Eric WK

dang it, I have thought about buying another bag, If I do, I'll grab that one. Hows the companion?

Decent. It's a blue mercenary rogue. He's worked out well for me so far and I'll probably continue leveling him until I get a purple companion.

You also get an additional character slot with the Heirloom Pack, for what it's worth.

statham

I was able to get a smite alpha code, haven't put much time into it, but its nothing like this game. I'm new to this F2P stuff and was expecting something similar and its not, its arena fighting, no adventuring. framerate seems smooth and graphics are okay, but not my thing, unless they locked out adventure mode from the alpha.

Hellers

Def in demand. They get quick dungeon matches while DPS characters take forever

I think if more people realised that playing a healer in this game was a completely different experience to most MMOS it would be more balanced. From my experience healing with a devoted cleric is mostly passive while your fighting with some extra healing that is essentially AOE or cone based. I don't think there's actually much that's directly targeted. You're fully expected to be doing your part DPS wise and not hanging around at the back watching the party bars like in something like WoW. It's surprisingly good fun.

My cleric is currently level 14 but I'm speccing her for party healing and instances.

I'm guessing the GAF guild is US only?

(My highest level in the PC version is a cleric in the mid 30s)

KaYotiX

Banned
I love sliding in, using my aoe buffs and heals then sliding back out :) Sit back and use HoTs and dps a little. It's alot more fun than most MMO healing and I main a healer in most mmos.

Bsigg12

I was able to get a smite alpha code, haven't put much time into it, but its nothing like this game. I'm new to this F2P stuff and was expecting something similar and its not, its arena fighting, no adventuring. framerate seems smooth and graphics are okay, but not my thing, unless they locked out adventure mode from the alpha.

Completely different. Smite would be considered more of a direct control moba. It's all arena based.

El_Chino

I'm loving this game! but are the developers working on the frame rate issues? This game seems like a prime candidate for cloud gaming.

Looking at the neverwinter wiki about power and other stats, it seems that they only vary attack damage by a small percentage, 3% per 500 attack at level 60 for example.

Combat advantage is a 15% boost and works by having two people attack from either side of an enemy, guessing this works with pets also.

Can't find anything about attack numbers.

I'm loving this game! but are the developers working on the frame rate issues? This game seems like a prime candidate for cloud gaming.

Yeah I hope they are too, I can deal with the town framerate for now but the worst is when the game pauses mid-combat for a few seconds, sometimes as long as 10 seconds before the game resumes, it's the worst while in a big battle.

Top Bottom