• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Dumb question but I'm guessing you can't play this solo? My real life friends that casually game don't have a Bone. Plus I'm not familiar with MMORPGs, so I don't want to drag anyone else's experience down.

Matriox

Dumb question but I'm guessing you can't play this solo? My real life friends that casually game don't have a Bone. Plus I'm not familiar with MMORPGs, so I don't want to drag anyone else's experience down.

Yep you can play solo, just not offline. I can't remember if there are mandatory dungeons but there is a dungeon queue for it so that takes care of finding others. Don't worry about dragging others down, you aren't unless you are literally doing nothing.

So how much does this cost?

Completely f2p.

Another update got the pricing for the different options to buy zen.
500 Zen - $4.99
1000 Zen - $9.99
2000 Zen - $19.99
5300 Zen - $49.99
10600 Zen - $99.99
21200 Zen - $199.99

Having a $200 option there scares the shit out of me.

I really don't understand why they wouldn't try to incentivize the $10/$20 options with a little bit more Zen than the $1 per 100.. Make the $50 seem more appealing? Ill drop up to $20 on a F2P, but $50 is a bit much.

Bessy67

I only played for an hour so I'm hardly an expert but so far it seems like solo play is possible.

zorbsie

By the time I finished last night my control wizard was level 17 and the servers were starting to buckle a bit. I've played it a lot though so I knew exactly where to go and what to do :)

I'm going to create one of each character apart from guardian fighter (Don't like them). I bought the Heirloom pack for 2000 zen. You get a fresh set of gear every five levels for all your characters but more importantly you get an account unlocked blue quality companion.

That heirloom pack sounds really good. You think its worth it if I only really play one character?

Um why isn't this downloading? Set it up to download before taking my dog for a walk, got back just now and it's still "Queued". Selecting "Install Now" does nothing.
Edit: finally started after 30+ minutes of waiting. Weird

Hellers

That heirloom pack sounds really good. You think its worth it if I only really play one character?

Dunno really. I think what you need to ask yourself is "How cool would it be if I had more characters?" :)

It's certainly worth trying a few different ones out. They all play differently to some degree.

Also in answer to the question about solo play. Yes. You can play everything but dungeon instances and skirmishes by yourself and there's matchmaking for the stuff you can't. All the regular quest stuff is fine solo.

You get a free basic quality AI companion at level 16 that can level up and have certain types of gear equipped. Further basic ones cost 2gold each. You can buy higher quality ones that can level further in the zen shop.

I started a great weapon fighter before I left for work today. I'd forgotten how much fun they were so I'm going to level her a bit tonight.

Played a few hours last night and got hooked (in a f2p type way) so will be back on tonight.

It's a quality time sink that doesn't cost anything so I would say to anyone wondering, give it a go. Nothing to lose.

Great matchmaking for skirmishes! I don't need any friends anymore....

Played through the intro with two different classes and enjoyed that little bit. Really want to try some more classes before I dive deeper though. I assume you can buy more character slots so does anyone know how much that costs?

Dunno really. I think what you need to ask yourself is "How cool would it be if I had more characters?" :)

It's certainly worth trying a few different ones out. They all play differently to some degree.

Also in answer to the question about solo play. Yes. You can play everything but dungeon instances and skirmishes by yourself and there's matchmaking for the stuff you can't. All the regular quest stuff is fine solo.

You get a free basic quality AI companion at level 16 that can level up and have certain types of gear equipped. Further basic ones cost 2gold each. You can buy higher quality ones that can level further in the zen shop.

I started a great weapon fighter before I left for work today. I'd forgotten how much fun they were so I'm going to level her a bit tonight.
I've just been using the companion they give you at the start for linking your Arc count with your Xbox account, I've been leveling him up and quite enjoy his company so far haha

I'll ask again: For you with PC Experience, how's the endgame content? So far I've made it to level 8 without coming close to death. Does it get harder?

Game is super fun either way.

Hellers

I've just been using the companion they give you at the start for linking your Arc count with your Xbox account, I've been leveling him up and quite enjoy his company so far haha

I've got a support ticket in about mine. Known problem apparently. Sometimes the link fails and you get nothing. :(

styl3s

I took a Rogue to 50 solo on the PC version when it first launched. It also does queue dungeons so you don't have to know people to play the game.

Ricker

I'll ask again: For you with PC Experience, how's the endgame content? So far I've made it to level 8 without coming close to death. Does it get harder?

Game is super fun either way.

Yes it gets harder and the instances/dungeons can be really challenging...if you get randoms that arent use to playing in a group and you dont play together,you will wipe,especially at the Bosses...some fights are pretty epic...on PC,the matchmaking was pretty good in not teaming you up with 4 Control Wizards let's say...even though its more real time action,its still good to have a tank/healer/dps type team although its handled differently.

The main hub is like any other MMO,it will chug even if you have 2 Titans in SLI lol...too many people at the same place...outside was great on PC and dungeons also,except that fire one...I only had a 560 Ti.

zorbsie

lol. That's how I approached SWTOR. I really like my great weapon fighter, but wouldn't mind checking out a magic user. Still might get it only to show support to the team. I wasn't expecting much, but I'm really enjoying the game. Plays great with the controller.

OK so I'm updating the OP with this list of players. I just went over the thread and added anyone that posted their info. If you want to be added to this or I missed you, just let me know. The more the merrier. Lets see if we can get enough folks online to form the guild today!

lol. That's how I approached SWTOR. I really like my great weapon fighter, but wouldn't mind checking out a magic user. Still might get it only to show support to the team. I wasn't expecting much, but I'm really enjoying the game. Plays great with the controller.

OK so I'm updating the OP with this list of players. I just went over the thread and added anyone that posted their info. If you want to be added to this or I missed you, just let me know. The more the merrier. Lets see if we can get enough folks online to form the guild today!

Planning on starting later when I get off work. GT's the same as my GAF name.

Sweet! You can add me - Gamertag is Judge Bergan, I am a Ranger, and I am EST. Currently level 16

Added.

Silly question I think I already know the answer to. Skirmishes are PvP right? Is there dungeons that require multiple players?

Dungeons (PvE) have 5 players, I did a few last night. You can que up with your party if in one, or solo and match with others

I'm not sure about PvP, haven't tried it yet

Come on man, how could you leave me off!?

GAF Name: Shortt Sirket
XBL GT: Shortt Sirket
Class: Halfling Great Weapon Fighter
Availability/time zone: >8pm EST

Iceman829

You can add me to the list

Iceman829 - same for both
Scourge Wizard
Weekdays - EST Evenings, Weekends - Anytime

zorbsie

Dungeons (PvE) have 5 players, I did a few last night. You can que up with your party if in one, or solo and match with others

I'm not sure about PvP, haven't tried it yet

Nice I'll have to try some later today. I'm not a big PvP fan in these types of games.

Come on man, how could you leave me off!?

I didn't want to assume. :) You're there now.

Any other info we want to ask for the player list?

zorbsie

Did you actually start the guild? If so, how would one join?

Can you only be in one guild?

Haven't started the guild yet. We need a full group (5 players I think) in the same area to start a guild. I don't think you can be in multiple guilds. One of the requirements is that the players in the group forming the guild can't be in another guild.

I'm around all day pretty much everyday, if we can set a time with a couple folks here we can set up the guild.

Special C

Gamertag: Special C
Dwarven Guardian Warrior. Seemed to be the best tanking combo. Rerolled until I got 20Constitution

We can try to set up a time to start the guild. I can be on around either 9 EST or 4 EST for a couple of hours each time.

A lot to take in on day one, so here is my pretty dumb question... You only get xp from quest completion and not from killing mobs?

Top Bottom