• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

My characters name is just plain old "Aidan"

Also, I'm now level 18 and where is the best place to go for missions? the tower or the enclave?

I would check with sgt Knox in enclave to see if he sends you somewhere.
I would advise doing all missions as you can miss something you might need later.
During double XP its easy to out level a zone and skip missions. I wondered why I couldn't start the campaign and realised I had completely missed out the harpers tasks in neverdeath.

My time with this game will reduce this week as witcher 3 is released at midnight tonight. I will logon to get my AD/ardent coins and to progress the campaign.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I would check with sgt Knox in enclave to see if he sends you somewhere.
I would advise doing all missions as you can miss something you might need later.
During double XP its easy to out level a zone and skip missions. I wondered why I couldn't start the campaign and realised I had completely missed out the harpers tasks in neverdeath.

My time with this game will reduce this week as witcher 3 is released at midnight tonight. I will logon to get my AD/ardent coins and to progress the campaign.

I need to make sure I didn't miss anything as well. The should show quest givers?

Also wish I started this sooner. Witcher 3 will be a time sink.

Edit: also, is there a quest early on regarding companions? I'm level 15 and I still don't have one.

Iceman829

I need to make sure I didn't miss anything as well. The should show quest givers?

Also wish I started this sooner. Witcher 3 will be a time sink.

Edit: also, is there a quest early on regarding companions? I'm level 15 and I still don't have one.

No you didn't reach the companion quest level yet. Once you do you will also get a coupon for 15% off on any companion in the zen store. You will receive a quest from Sgt Knox at level 16. Upon completion you will get a free companion of your choice.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
No you didn't reach the companion quest level yet. Once you do you will also get a coupon for 15% off on any companion in the zen store. You will receive a quest from Sgt Knox at level 16. Upon completion you will get a free companion of your choice.

Cool. Thanks.

Iceman829

Damn, here I am getting married and missing all the great weekend events.

Worth it.

And here I was leveling up my cleric to replace you since you were MIA. Congrats! and welcome back. I guess I'll just go back to focusing on my ranger I was leveling. I'll probably be checking out the destiny expansion tonight and maybe some Witcher 3 at some point. I'll be around this weekend to check the event out. If you want to group up just let me know.

Maintenance is complete. Also this:
Continuing the success of Neverwinter on Xbox One, we're holding a midweek double refinement point event, which follows right after our double XP weekend! We couldn't have done it without you guys, so we hope you accept this as a token of our gratitude.

Midweek 2x Refinement Start: Monday May 18, 10 AM PDT (Pacific)

Midweek 2x Refinement End: Thursday May 21, 10 AM PDT (Pacific)

So dig out all those refinement items you've been stashing away, and start refining your gear and artifacts in order to obtain that perfect build you've always dreamed of.

Right after this event, we're also bringing in Tymora's Gift! More information to come soon, but for now, get to refining!

Info on Tymora's Gift:
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Tymora's_Gift

And here I was leveling up my cleric to replace you since you were MIA. Congrats! and welcome back. I guess I'll just go back to focusing on my ranger I was leveling. I'll probably be checking out the destiny expansion tonight and maybe some Witcher 3 at some point. I'll be around this weekend to check the event out. If you want to group up just let me know.

Maintenance is complete. Also this:

Info on Tymora's Gift:
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Tymora's_Gift

Haha, well I am not going to be back until the 24th,so you are gonna have to hold up the guild until then.

Iceman829

Haha, well I am not going to be back until the 24th,so you are gonna have to hold up the guild until then.

I should be on character 6 by then, so no worries. I make new characters to make sure zorbs doesn't abandon the guild. I figure if he needs to keep re-inviting me to the guild he might start to play again.

Iceman829

The celebration continues! As if Double XP and RP isn’t enough, Tymora, the goddess of luck and victory, has come to Neverwinter to shower gifts upon all those who seek it.

These rewards have a random chance to drop from slain enemies and can contain a wide variety of items. This time, however, Lady Luck included something extra inside!

Tymora’s Gift Begins: May 21 10AM PDT

Tymora’s Gift Ends: May 26 10AM PDT

Tymora has sent one of her disciples, a Luckbringer, to the event dais in Protector’s Enclave to trade the beautifully armored Amphail Barding Horse for 40 small, gold tokens called Favors of Tymora.

Single Favors of Tymora can be found in the Gifts of Tymora that players find on defeated enemies. Favors of Tymora can also be obtained with the purchase of certain Zen Market items as well.

Take a look at what items grant these blessed coins:

Pink Dye Bottles (x4) - 3 Favors of Tymora
Purple Dye Bottles (x4) - 1 Favors of Tymora
Red Dye Bottles (x4) - 1 Favors of Tymora
Sunite Heart Dye Pack (x4) - 4 Favors of Tymora
Courtesan's Wear - 20 Favors of Tymora
Wedding Attire - 40 Favors of Tymora
Blood Ruby - 20 Favors of Tymora
Blood Ruby Pack - 40 Favors of Tymora

Take a gander at the gorgeous gifts you can receive from Lady Luck:

Fools Crown – You’ll be the talk of the town in this fancy crown! Folks will eventually figure out that it’s just a replica of the Crown of Neverwinter, but the initial reactions will be priceless.

Lucky Coin – This little coin has gotten many adventurers out of a pinch. Pop it into a potion slot and give it a toss for a random buff!

Rough Astral Diamonds – Whoever said “All that glitters is gold” probably never got their hands on some Astral Diamonds. This crystalline currency can be used in the Auction House and Wondrous Bazaar. They can also be used to speed up Professions and Companion training.

Tymora’s Blessing Enchantment – This pretty enchantment has a gorgeous effect. When put into a utility slot on a piece of equipment, they grant you a chance to find a Hidden Pouch on a fallen foe. These pouches can contain anything from gold to refining stones!

Profession Resources – Looking for that one last resource you need? If Tymora is truly with you, your search might be over! A plethora of Professions Resources also await you within the Gifts of Tymora.

Potions – Level-appropriate potions can also be found within the shiny confines of Tymora’s gifts! There’s also a chance for divine potions to appear for level 60 adventurers!

May Tymora be with you in all your adventures. Thank you once again for helping to make Neverwinter on Xbox One a mighty success.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xb...winter-xbox-one:-celebrate-with-tymora's-gift

I'll be around for most of the weekend. I'll be splitting some time between this game and Destiny (Trials of Osiris) depending on who is on at the time. I have 60 GWF, 60 SW, 55 DC, 44 HR, 22 CW if anyone is ever looking to group up for activities. Also, anyone celebrating Memorial Day have a great weekend.

Well I'm up to level 42 now on my TR, but I'm having a major headache with the wolf dungeon tonight. Fucking randoms have wasted over an hour of my life on the final boss.

Nobody seems to understand to fucking deal with the ADDS when they spawn. Christ.

Any level 60s feel like running a lowbie through a dungeon?

Nvm, finally got through. Bunch of mouth-breathers, randoms are. Had to go HAM on my rogue and kite a shit ton of adds around the room. Seems like that's common playing with randoms. :(

zorbsie

Well I'm up to level 42 now on my TR, but I'm having a major headache with the wolf dungeon tonight. Fucking randoms have wasted over an hour of my life on the final boss.

Nobody seems to understand to fucking deal with the ADDS when they spawn. Christ.

Any level 60s feel like running a lowbie through a dungeon?

Nvm, finally got through. Bunch of mouth-breathers, randoms are. Had to go HAM on my rogue and kite a shit ton of adds around the room. Seems like that's common playing with randoms. :(

I'll help out. If you see me online send me a message and I'll hop over to Neverwinter.

Rudakus

Man the new Ioun Stone looks pretty sweet 3 offensive slots and 3 jewelry slots. It is only a green though so to unlock the last set of rune/jewelry you'd need to spend some serious ad. I think it's 500K right? Kinda sad I finally saved up and got the Allure stone lol

Iceman829

Man the new Ioun Stone looks pretty sweet 3 offensive slots and 3 jewelry slots. It is only a green though so to unlock the last set of rune/jewelry you'd need to spend some serious ad. I think it's 500K right? Kinda sad I finally saved up and got the Allure stone lol

500k AD is correct for an uncommon companion

Rudakus

The old Allure Stone is better than this new one. The one one I'd basically a cheaper version of the old one.
I don't know 3 offensive slots and the three items it can equip all are the slots that can hold 2 enchantment stones each with jewel crafting(I think belt was one of the ones that could be made). That's pretty sweet on top of it giving stats too.

Edit: of course this is after spending 500k ad just to upgrade it on top of the 170k ish
to buy it

Rudakus

Anyone going to be running Epics tomorrow during the day? I have a tier 1/2 rogue and a DC for tier 2/CN if anyone is interested. Sick of getting booted before getting my chest for no reason. My rogue, Fumbles, is in the guild. Leave a post/pm here, send me a message on live or whatever if you want to run some stuff.

Anyone going to be running Epics tomorrow during the day? I have a tier 1/2 rogue and a DC for tier 2/CN if anyone is interested. Sick of getting booted before getting my chest for no reason. My rogue, Fumbles, is in the guild. Leave a post/pm here, send me a message on live or whatever if you want to run some stuff.
I'd be down for CN, I have a GWF but haven't been able to do it since randos are so kick happy. Also unlocked Lostmouth a few days ago, so I'd be down for that too.

Just stick a message in the gaf thread when it's happening. I've been on the Witcher a lot these past days, so haven't been on NW except for daily invoking and tradeskill stuff.

jasonspeed

Neo Member
Finally finished my tier 1 armor. I haven't experienced any vote kicking yet but i fear that may occur in tier 2+ dungeons.

eR1nFgll.jpg

Iceman829

Finally finished my tier 1 armor. I haven't experienced any vote kicking yet but i fear that may occur in tier 2+ dungeons.

eR1nFgll.jpg

Your character is looking good. Most Tier 2 kicks come from having more than 1 of the same job in the party. There are also the jerks that just vote to kick right before you open the treasure box because they can

Delryk

Made a Cleric for the hell of it.. if there's any officers playing still....

Xanaphia@Delryk

Fun class so far.. don't know if it's a stronger class or it's easier because i know what's coming.. lol!

zorbsie

Made a Cleric for the hell of it.. if there's any officers playing still....

Xanaphia@Delryk

Fun class so far.. don't know if it's a stronger class or it's easier because i know what's coming.. lol!

I'm still around. I'll add you in the morning. :)

Iceman829

A new threat arises in Neverwinter, the top free-to-play game on Xbox One in 2015. Announcing Neverwinter: Rise of Tiamat, coming to Xbox One in June. This new expansion brings a 25-person fight against the iconic Dragon Queen – Tiamat – and a brand-new adventure zone to the lands of Neverwinter.

Neverwinter: Rise of Tiamat follows the events of the Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons campaign and the upcoming Siege of Neverwinter event, which will be available for Xbox One on June 4 - more information on this event will be posted. As the Cult of the Dragon looks to resurrect the five-headed draconic goddess Tiamat from the Nine Hells, adventurers must band together to prevent the catastrophic takeover of the city of Neverwinter.

The upcoming expansion will also introduce the Well of Dragons – the legendary graveyard of dragons – where players will trek through the arid desert lit only by the scorching sun and take part in a variety of new heroic encounters as they work towards completing the final chapters of the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. Halt any cult activities, slay the dragons who have been summoned and speak with some familiar faces, all while the Temple of Tiamat looms in the distance.

In addition to the new content, our team is also bringing several updates and improvements to the game with the expansion launch. We will have a detailed update on these fixes in the future, but we are looking to implement solutions that will greatly increase the performance and stability of the game as well as making adjustments to the vote-kick feature that is currently in place. Stay tuned to the blog for a specific breakdown in the coming weeks.

Rise to defend the very realms which have welcomed over 1.6 million adventurers and stop the Cult of the Dragon once and for all!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9314443

Any level 60s with 9000 gear score or higher want to farm dragon kills this morning for the Dragon's Bane achievement?

At the moment there are only two of us. Shoot me a PM on Xbox Live if interested.

If you have as low as 7000 gear score it's ok too, but in that case you'll need Divine Injury Kits so your gear score isn't impacted by injuries from suiciding.

A side note: Can't wait for that 25-person encounter. Sounds fun!

What the FUCK is up with randoms in this game. I've been kicked from spellplague like 15 or 20 straight times. Sick and tired of this shit. My gear score is 9700 so I know I can full well run through it just fine.

They are changing the way kick from group works in the DLC coming this month. I am holding off on group runs until the patch.

Yeah that can't come soon enough. Should not be allowed to kick someone unless they've been idle more than 5 minutes or something. Make dickheads bring a full party if they want the instance all to themselves in the epic dungeon queue.

KillerBEA

Slowly making my Control Wizard op.

Any level 60s with 9000 gear score or higher want to farm dragon kills this morning for the Dragon's Bane achievement?

At the moment there are only two of us. Shoot me a PM on Xbox Live if interested.

If you have as low as 7000 gear score it's ok too, but in that case you'll need Divine Injury Kits so your gear score isn't impacted by injuries from suiciding.

A side note: Can't wait for that 25-person encounter. Sounds fun!
Injuries don't effect gearscore, just temporarily reduces health and another side effect depending on what body part is injured.

Been reading up, control wizards sound like a good class to be for Tiamat. Glad I chose that as my main character.

What the FUCK is up with randoms in this game. I've been kicked from spellplague like 15 or 20 straight times. Sick and tired of this shit. My gear score is 9700 so I know I can full well run through it just fine.
Always run in groups of at least 3 that way your group controls the vote. Gearscore doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme. If you are perceived as a threat to the group, through picking unneeded fights, going down too much, not pulling weight or other things like picking up ALL the loot; then expect to be kicked. Also Several classes are considered insta-kicks because a lot people hate them or don't see their value.

I will only agree to vote someone out if their is a problem with that person. I won't kick for loot.

Just curious what class are you?

Slowly making my Control Wizard op.

Injuries don't effect gearscore, just temporarily reduces health and another side effect depending on what body part is injured.

Been reading up, control wizards sound like a good class to be for Tiamat. Glad I chose that as my main character.

Always run in groups of at least 3 that way your group controls the vote. Gearscore doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme. If you are perceived as a threat to the group, through picking unneeded fights, going down too much, not pulling weight or other things like picking up ALL the loot; then expect to be kicked. Also Several classes are considered insta-kicks because a lot people hate them or don't see their value.

I will only agree to vote someone out if their is a problem with that person. I won't kick for loot.

Just curious what class are you?

I realize injuries don't effect gearscore, but having a higher GS means you start out higher as far as your overall strength in combat goes, so the injuries from farming dragon kills balance out.

Farm dragon kills using the suicide method with someone around 7k GS and you'll see what I mean. After getting fully injured they're basically made of toilet paper.

As for getting vote-kicked, it has nothing to do with being a threat to the group. When I get kicked, it's before I even have a chance to start the dungeon. I load in and am kicked within 10-20 seconds, before the first fight even starts.

I'm a TR, so if I see another TR in the group I *kinda* understand, as maybe they're running with friends and don't want another TR rolling on the gear they need. But when I load in and see a group of four that has a cleric, a fighter, a hunter, and a wizard, and I'm the 5th person there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to vote kick me. Yet I've had that exact thing happen (or some slight variation like two wizards, or a warlock and a wizard, etc) multiple times.

If I see four people with no healer I expect to be kicked bc they're probably trying to get a healer. But when I see a group with heals, with no rogue, there is no reason to kick me. Yet it happens, time and time and time again. It was still happening even when I was over 12k gear score. It does seem to happen slightly less frequently now that I'm over 14k, which seems silly b/c I ran dungeons just fine at 12k and there isn't much difference at 14k.

The bottom line is, it's just people being selfish, inconsiderate pricks from what I can tell.

KillerBEA

I realize injuries don't effect gearscore, but having a higher GS means you start out higher as far as your overall strength in combat goes, so the injuries from farming dragon kills balance out.

Farm dragon kills using the suicide method with someone around 7k GS and you'll see what I mean. After getting fully injured they're basically made of toilet paper.

As for getting vote-kicked, it has nothing to do with being a threat to the group. When I get kicked, it's before I even have a chance to start the dungeon. I load in and am kicked within 10-20 seconds, before the first fight even starts.

I'm a TR, so if I see another TR in the group I *kinda* understand, as maybe they're running with friends and don't want another TR rolling on the gear they need. But when I load in and see a group of four that has a cleric, a fighter, a hunter, and a wizard, and I'm the 5th person there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to vote kick me. Yet I've had that exact thing happen (or some slight variation like two wizards, or a warlock and a wizard, etc) multiple times.

If I see four people with no healer I expect to be kicked bc they're probably trying to get a healer. But when I see a group with heals, with no rogue, there is no reason to kick me. Yet it happens, time and time and time again. It was still happening even when I was over 12k gear score. It does seem to happen slightly less frequently now that I'm over 14k, which seems silly b/c I ran dungeons just fine at 12k and there isn't much difference at 14k.

The bottom line is, it's just people being selfish, inconsiderate pricks from what I can tell.

I did the suicide method, spent hours at a time with full injuries. We killed the drakes well enough that our lower health doesn't matter. I had just barely turned 60 when we started doing that, and my character was poorly optimized at the time.

Also Trickster Rogues tend to be the target of unneeded kicks. Alongside Great Weapon Fighters. I see a lot of sour grapes with TRs because people get killed by them a lot in pvp. Both classes are first out if the other people want something else in your place.

As a control wizard I have been kicked for using the wrong spells at the wrong time, mainly ones with insane knock back like ice storm. People have been kicked for unneedingly aggroing extra groups while they are still fighting other enemies, even if you can wipe out the extra group... alone... like I can :/ Running Pirate King, move onto another group of enemies when the last is almost dead and start on the next group which I can take on alone.... and bam kicked.

I just try to run with at least 2 friends, if I don't I full expect to be kicked if I mess up.

zorbsie

Got to get back into this. How is the expansion treating folks?

AdyCarter, I'll send you a guild invite later today if you haven't already got one.

I've never posted in this thread before even though I've been playing this since it came out. I thought about checking it out and seeing how people are enjoying the Summer Festival. Seems to have really slowed down.

Iceman829

I've never posted in this thread before even though I've been playing this since it came out. I thought about checking it out and seeing how people are enjoying the Summer Festival. Seems to have really slowed down.

The clan basically died out around the time The Witcher 3 came out. I still sign in to do my daily sign in, but I stopped playing when the people I was playing with did. I have 4 lvl 60 characters and a lvl 45, but the questing got boring alone. I probably start a paladin with the new expansion in September just to see what it's like.

Top Bottom