• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

My character is stuck in limbo, I entered a door for a quest and now I can't load my main character up, I get a 'gameserver not found' message every time, nothing I can do.

Now I have to go make an arc account and probably wait days for them to move me to a working location :/

trying to tie my xbox account to arc but it says I already did so, but my email has not been used and so I made an account before hand, I have no idea if this is right how how I contact support, this is so annoying.

jasonspeed

Neo Member
Does anyone have the companion Galeb Duhr? I would like some opinions on it's effectiveness as a tank. The taunt skill is on a 2 minute cooldown so is my main concern. I don't want to spend $20 and then regret it. Thanks.

Iceman829

Does anyone have the companion Galeb Duhr? I would like some opinions on it's effectiveness as a tank. The taunt skill is on a 2 minute cooldown so is my main concern. I don't want to spend $20 and then regret it. Thanks.

I own it, but can't really tell you 100% how effective it is. I have it on a lvl 60 character and it's still not maxed out. It seems somewhat effective, but it still dies in the higher end zones when lots of mobs are around. What level are you and what class? I was using it with my GWF, but I haven't had to solo in awhile.

jasonspeed

Neo Member
I own it, but can't really tell you 100% how effective it is. I have it on a lvl 60 character and it's still not maxed out. It seems somewhat effective, but it still dies in the higher end zones when lots of mobs are around. What level are you and what class? I was using it with my GWF, but I haven't had to solo in awhile.

I'm 60 TR. Mainly looking for a tank companion to keep agro while I stab and slash things in the back.

KillerBEA

Is Rhix glitched when you hit level 60? None of the skirmishes or dungeons I do seem to count toward the dailies.

No, only certain ones count. Dread Vault, Castle Never and Lair of Lostmauth for Dungeons. Then is Shore of Tuern or Shores of Tuern Epic for the skirmishes. Shores of Tuern and Lair of Lostmauth unlock through the Tyranny of Dragons campaign.

I just unlocked Shores of Tuern and it felt good to finally turn in Skirmish dailies again.

No, only certain ones count. Dread Vault, Castle Never and Lair of Lostmauth for Dungeons. Then is Shore of Tuern or Shores of Tuern Epic for the skirmishes. Shores of Tuern and Lair of Lostmauth unlock through the Tyranny of Dragons campaign.

I just unlocked Shores of Tuern and it felt good to finally turn in Skirmish dailies again.

Ahh, okay. I am still working my way through the Dragon Campaign. I wish they were a little more obvious in what dungeons count toward the daily.

Here is a shitty, low-rez picture of my early lvl60 Cleric. Once I share the screenshot to OneDrive, I can post the better quality version.

0gP0f0t.jpg

What do your characters look like?

zorbsie

I've got to step my epic armor game up. Here is my great weapon fighter.
neverwinteru1uun.png

I just got that great sword. That's why I took the pic.

Iceman829

I'm 60 TR. Mainly looking for a tank companion to keep agro while I stab and slash things in the back.

It can tank things and pull aggro it just needs to be leveled up well into the 20s so it doesn't die too quickly. I also used a coupon to purchase it, so I didn't buy it full price. In terms of survival it seems to last better than my mercenary companion does in battles and I haven't unlocked it's level 30 ability yet. At the end of the day it's your money and you should decide how much you need anything.

Stone Warden: Deal up to 50% more damage based on how much HP is missing. Every 10 seconds heal for 8% of missing health. This power unlocks at companion rank 30.

I've got to step my epic armor game up. Here is my great weapon fighter.

I just got that great sword. That's why I took the pic.

Nice looking sword you got there. Would be a shame if someone was to loot it off your character.

I'm looking to do some dungeons tonight if we have some people on. Monday I needed to take a break after all of those Orc Assault runs and yesterday I was going to jump on after the gym, but then I got invited to join in on some cinco de mayo festivities. I'll be on around 6est until midnight or so. I can check with my friend as he usually gets on in the 9-10 range if we need a tank

It can tank things and pull aggro it just needs to be leveled up well into the 20s so it doesn't die too quickly. I also used a coupon to purchase it, so I didn't buy it full price. In terms of survival it seems to last better than my mercenary companion does in battles and I haven't unlocked it's level 30 ability yet. At the end of the day it's your money and you should decide how much you need anything.

Stone Warden: Deal up to 50% more damage based on how much HP is missing. Every 10 seconds heal for 8% of missing health. This power unlocks at companion rank 30.

Nice looking sword you got there. Would be a shame if someone was to loot it off your character.

I'm looking to do some dungeons tonight if we have some people on. Monday I needed to take a break after all of those Orc Assault runs and yesterday I was going to jump on after the gym, but then I got invited to join in on some cinco de mayo festivities. I'll be on around 6est until midnight or so. I can check with my friend as he usually gets on in the 9-10 range if we need a tank

Yeah, I will probably be on around 8est or so. We should definitely get a group together for some dungeon runs, I need to start working on some T2 gear.

KillerBEA

Ahh, okay. I am still working my way through the Dragon Campaign. I wish they were a little more obvious in what dungeons count toward the daily.
If you go to the quest in your journal it lists everything that counts. Make sure that you do every daily that gives sigils everyday or late campaign will take longer than needed, I learned that the hard way.

What do your characters look like?
eOhWDVc.png

Iceman829

Yeah, I will probably be on around 8est or so. We should definitely get a group together for some dungeon runs, I need to start working on some T2 gear.

My buddy (our tank) says he will be on later after he gets home for dinner. With you being a cleric filling out the party should be easy enough.

I don't have a screen but I have just over 9000 rating with all blues, two purple PVP daggers and the dog companion. 2500+ life steal :p

You can buy rather good blue armor items on the marketplace for only 200-300 shards a peice, an easy way to get a good setup when you hit 60.

Iceman829

I'll be around after I get the kids to bed. Probably around 9:30ish. Still haven't seen all the areas in the game. lol

That puts the party at 4 people. I'll let you hit stuff with a sword and I'll bring my warlock for variety.

I don't have a screen but I have just over 9000 rating with all blues, two purple PVP daggers and the dog companion. 2500+ life steal :p

You can buy rather good blue armor items on the marketplace for only 200-300 shards a peice, an easy way to get a good setup when you hit 60.

That's good to know. I think my warlock has a green helmet. If people are listing gear that cheap I'll pick up an upgrade or 2.

I have a feeling Bloody Brawler in the trickster rogue feats tree does not work, it should give me 2.5% bonus life steal but it's not applying it to my totals, waste of 5 paragon points there :/

What makes it more obvious is that my 3% deflect bonus does show up on my stats totals.

Delryk

Hopefully I can finally get to lvl 60 tonight... almost lvl 58 right now. Won't have time to play this weekend :(

Guessing you can't make a "chat channel" and just add Guild/Whispers & Group only eh?... tired of getting all these zone spams...

Doomsguide Call to Arms. Have to Defend the Temple on Ebon Downs. Basically the same as last week but with different dyes and companion as rewards.

Nice! Curious to see what the mount is.

Man, they are killing it with these weekly events. If only they had monthly sales I would buy more stuff.

Same man, I am digging this game hardcore. Hopefully we will see some of those new Mods hitting soon. I really want to try out the Paladin.

And sorry for bailing on you all last night. I thought I had more time with Liz working on her dancing, but she got back early and everyone got on later than I thought. We should try again soon, I really want to run some Epics with people who aren't idiots.

Iceman829

More info on the weekly event here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xb...ter-xbox-one:-call-to-arms:-defend-the-temple

It includes the info on the companion reward as well. I'll be out of town most of the weekend for a bachelor party, so I'll try my luck tonight and Sunday night.

These weekly events are nice and keep me interested in trying to get new loot. I can only hope I don't get 70 dye packs again.

We should try to setup a night or 2 each week for Epic dungeons since most people are interested in playing together, but scheduling seems to always seems to fall through. I'm usually always around in the evenings EST and I'm willing to do things.

More info on the weekly event here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xb...ter-xbox-one:-call-to-arms:-defend-the-temple

It includes the info on the companion reward as well. I'll be out of town most of the weekend for a bachelor party, so I'll try my luck tonight and Sunday night.

These weekly events are nice and keep me interested in trying to get new loot. I can only hope I don't get 70 dye packs again.

We should try to setup a night or 2 each week for Epic dungeons since most people are interested in playing together, but scheduling seems to always seems to fall through. I'm usually always around in the evenings EST and I'm willing to do things.

Yup, I agree on trying to set up some times. My evenings can be a bit erratic due to the kids and Liz's work, but if we get a set day/time I can usually make that happen.

I am actually hoping I get plenty of dye packs for this one bc those Doomguide colors would look great on my cleric.

Looks to be so based on that picture. The skins cost like 300 token/coins/event money last time. It should be easy enough to get.

The current skirmish they use is twice as quick to beat over the orc one last weekend, also I seem to be earning 20~ broaches instead of 10~ so maybe they raised it?

Either way it's nicer.

Delryk

Well i got to lvl 60 tonite while doing the event atleast 20 times (while watching habs/bolts..lol)

... no luck on the companion though.. :(

statham

any of you peeps jumping to ESO? I hit 60, got a couple of purple, spent $40 but I can't wait for ESO, I may revisit this, but I 'm hearing nothing but awesome about ESO. would love if the crew moved over.

jasonspeed

Neo Member
any of you peeps jumping to ESO? I hit 60, got a couple of purple, spent $40 but I can't wait for ESO, I may revisit this, but I 'm hearing nothing but awesome about ESO. would love if the crew moved over.

I'm going to play both games. I already copied my ESO character from PC to XB1. Just waiting for June. That's why i love F2P MMO's. You can play a bunch and switch around when content dries up.

At some point I will but not straight away, i'm a little turned away by the story quests being solo play only and I know a cousin who wants to play the game too.

I'm honestly enjoying my time with neverwinter right now.

flkraven

There is still so much too do at level 60. I've got a full set of grim PVP gear, so I'm now working towards a profound set. I almost have enough for my artifact weapon. I almost have the 60 skirmishes unlocked through the campaign. Still need to finish up my tier 2 pve set. All the special events. Finish up my boons. Plus all the content still not added from the PC version. Crazy how much content this game has for free.

For the love of Jesus, if anyone is doing daily dragon slaying quests, if you're sending zone messages informing people of instance timing, take the time to send out invites for people requesting them. It really bunches my knickers that people are ignoring requests for invites while they are the ones initially trying to get more people for taking down dragons. -_-

/rant

Iceman829

For the love of Jesus, if anyone is doing daily dragon slaying quests, if you're sending zone messages informing people of instance timing, take the time to send out invites for people requesting them. It really bunches my knickers that people are ignoring requests for invites while they are the ones initially trying to get more people for taking down dragons. -_-

/rant

dragon up 12!
dragon up 12!
dragon up 12!
dragon up 12!

Will have to do this weekends event as always need another companion as 4 is not enough already.

Both my characters would be up for guild epic dungeon runs.
My SW needs T2 armour
My CW needs T1 armour

BTM

/rant

I usually just invite myself to whoever is calling out the instances instead of waiting for them to invite me. Usually works out pretty well

I usually just invite myself to whoever is calling out the instances instead of waiting for them to invite me. Usually works out pretty well

I started doing that as well, but when you get a string of chumps that are already in a party it can be infuriating. I just want to farm the dragon drops with some semblance of streamlining. Now if only Cryptic could manage to smooth out the horrid frame drops when fighting the dragons with ~20 people so that I don't die from seemingly nothing, I would be greatly appreciative.

Because of how the roll systme works I noticed that if you have two of the same class in a dungeon, one of them will kick the other so not to share loot...

Top Bottom