• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Board Gaming |OT2| On Tables, Off Topic

aku:jiki

Did anyone back Kingdom Death Monster? I've been seeing people getting their editions here and there that backed the kickstarter all those years ago.
It has apparently started showing up for US backers, EU backers are lagging as far as I've heard.

I missed the KS but I have a box preordered from the webshop. I still don't know how I feel about paying $325 for a single game...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
;)

You really don't need to spend a lot of money to enjoy it. "Tales From the Cards", a great site about the game, has some good guides to what to buy & in what order depending on what you're looking for.It's got some great tutorials/ideas for deck building too, and this "5 things I wish I'd known when I started playing" is a good read too.

This thread on BGG has a killer deck build from just the core set, and I think it's a great jumping in point, better than the suggested decks in the manual.

As for purchase order, I honestly like the core + sagas, but I like the dwarf/hobbit theme of them...

Thanks - I actually spent some time reading that site. That's how I decided to pick up the various sets that I did. One of the things that I've read is that some people buy multiple core sets in order to have multiples of some of the singles included in the base game. Is this actually important? Or is it easy enough to print a proxy? I don't really want to grab multiple core sets and let 6x of certain cards go to waste.

Do people tend to sleeve their cards for this game? And does the game work in a way that allows you to mix cards from all the sets to build your decks from? Oh and are you expected to play a quest/scenario blind and THEN build a deck based on your experiences, or are you supposed to flip through teh cards and encounters and build a deck based on that before you embark? I know that sounds like a silly/trivial question, but I'm curious what the "appropriate" way to play that is.

That Catacombs game looks pretty fun.

Did anyone back Kingdom Death Monster? I've been seeing people getting their editions here and there that backed the kickstarter all those years ago.

I didn't back it, but I preordered it...And then cancelled my preorder. The cost is SUPER high, and while I think the game looks fantastic from a mechanical point of view, I don't love the idea of paying that much for the miniatures alone. Let's be honest - we aren't paying for the board, cards, rules and box. We're paying for Kingdom Death miniatures. I want the game really bad because I think the Monster Hunter side of it sounds great, but I'll just snatch a copy up on the secondary market later.

E: Also, been playing a lot of Dungeon Roll lately. Super quick and fun games. I still think people should pick this up with their next CSI order.

yayaba

Thanks - I actually spent some time reading that site. That's how I decided to pick up the various sets that I did. One of the things that I've read is that some people buy multiple core sets in order to have multiples of some of the singles included in the base game. Is this actually important? Or is it easy enough to print a proxy? I don't really want to grab multiple core sets and let 6x of certain cards go to waste.

Do people tend to sleeve their cards for this game? And does the game work in a way that allows you to mix cards from all the sets to build your decks from? Oh and are you expected to play a quest/scenario blind and THEN build a deck based on your experiences, or are you supposed to flip through teh cards and encounters and build a deck based on that before you embark? I know that sounds like a silly/trivial question, but I'm curious what the "appropriate" way to play that is.

LOTR is totally my jam right now. I've been addicted to it nonstop basically when I bought it a month ago and I only play solo (at some point I'll bring it over to a friends but it plays 100% just as well solo).

In regards to your question about proxying and sleeving, I actually do just that. I only wanted to buy one core so I went ahead and proxied the extra copies of cards missing. I printed them out, slipped them in front of Magic cards, and sleeve everything so it all feels the same to me when I'm shuffling and playing. I specifically use FFG matte sleeves so I can't tell the Mtg card backing graphic from the LOTR one.

The quality of the print outs isn't the same obviously as the actual card but it's good enough for me. And I'm not planning on ever bringing my cards to a FLGS event, otherwise I would probably have to pony up for extra cores.

IMO the decks you can construct with extra Core cards are vastly superior to a single Core since some of the most powerful cards you only get one of.

You can mix and match as much as you want and play blind vs an encounter set or preview and strategize. It's really up to you. I'm personally playing with set of cards I have before utilizing extra cards from expansion packs so I play things "in order". It's not required at all though but I enjoy doing it so I get to fully utilize the new cards before adding even more to my pool.

The new Star Wars Risk that came out earlier this month is actually supposed to be good. o_O Despite the name it's apperently a modified version of the well regarded and rare Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit. Kind of want to get it but not for $30 given the low quality of the materials.

The Dice Tower review.

I bought it on "Force Friday" and have played it three times already with my son. It's very light, but a ton of fun. It also plays really quickly, like 30 minutes at most. The cardboard components are a little chintzy, but it works for what it is and the price really isn't that bad. I also upgraded my game with some mini from other SW games and micro machines for the Falcon and Star Destroyer. (I couldn't find an Executor class Star Destroyer but whatever) I posted these pics on BGG but might as well share them here too.
AWhMX7i.jpg

2dg8WmN.jpg

IUDxBAg.jpg

I bought it on "Force Friday" and have played it three times already with my son. It's very light, but a ton of fun. It also plays really quickly, like 30 minutes at most. The cardboard components are a little chintzy, but it works for what it is and the price really isn't that bad. I also upgraded my game with some mini from other SW games and micro machines for the Falcon and Star Destroyer. (I couldn't find an Executor class Star Destroyer but whatever) I posted these pics on BGG but might as well share them here too.
Heh, saw your post over on BGG.

Blizzard

Banned
I did good not buying new games for like, a week or two. I ended up ordering Dominion Seaside for $30.

I plan to at least get Intrigue at some point in the future to support more players, and maybe Prosperity after that because the box looks so pretty.

octobot

That Catacombs game looks pretty fun.

I backed the kickstarter for the base game a bunch of expansions (enough to get the one reward tier that gave free stuffs). I got my shipping email, and should have the base game on Tuesday. I am still waiting for the wave 1 items, then the expansions will ship out later. I'm super excited to finally get the game as it's been a lengthy wait!

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
I backed the kickstarter for the base game a bunch of expansions (enough to get the one reward tier that gave free stuffs). I got my shipping email, and should have the base game on Tuesday. I am still waiting for the wave 1 items, then the expansions will ship out later. I'm super excited to finally get the game as it's been a lengthy wait!

I got it from the shop since i missed out on the kickstarter. I'm dreading the fact that if I do like it I'll have to pony up for expansions later.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the Third Edition of Catacombs will eventually be available for purchase?

All this talk of LOTR got me to dust off our copy and going to give solo game another go. May be I can convince my daughter to play this game again and do a 2 players romp. She has been interested when I solo Mage Knight and want me to teach her the game.

Tried to start playing Temple of Elemental Evil with the SO and we were overwhelmed. D: Definitely need to watch a video of how it is played. We missed that monsters move between tiles and not squares. Going to start the first adventure over tomorrow, hopefully. I don't think the table we are playing on is big enough. >_<

Mr E.

Bought and played DR Congo. Thoroughly good economic business entrepreneur game. With a dash of corruption.

Really enjoying it. A bit cut throat too.

XShagrath

How do you guys store your LOTR LCG? I'm thinking of sleeving all the cards, but I'm worried about storage.

I played it for quite some time, and sleeved all my cards. I ended up getting a super shoebox (3 rows) and had quite a bit of room for expansion. I took some cardstock and made little dividers for each of the factions (forget the official name) and encounter sets, in order to keep everything organized.

Xater

Now I am actually interested in this. I wish the components were better though. And fuck me they want 50€ for it over here? That's probably a bit much.

Lyng

I am really torn between Alien Artifacts and The Gathering Storm.
Only want one expansion for Race, and mainly because I want some more balance between the different strategies.
The base game is skewed towards Produce / Consume and by now my wife and I have played the game so much that who ever uses PC allways wins.
I have heard that both exp offer some balancing cards but which one offers the best balance?
I dont care about the soloplay in TGS since I use the keldon AI for that anyway.

How do you guys store your LOTR LCG? I'm thinking of sleeving all the cards, but I'm worried about storage.

Like most of my LCG, I use Broken Token insert because I want everything kept in original box. It is however an expensive way to do it. I think most people store them in one of those "shoebox" style card storage box make for CCG or collectible cards.

Pqz7laJl.jpg

Finally got around to put this together couple days ago. Overall I like it and I don't think I could make a better one that store all the stuffs using foam core. It is a nice all in one box design, that said I also found out that there is another one by Go7Gaming and that one have more room but you need to have the Twin Shadows expansion for storing the tiles (or stores in elsewhere). I actually like the idea of having all the tiles in one box instead all cram into the core box. Since the skirmish game is randomly chosen before the start of the game, by separating the tiles into their numbers it really help speed thing up having to make the map on the fly.

Pick up several micro-games this weekend including this beautiful and simple to play game - Tides of Time. It take a few games to appreciate the depth and strategies. Also demo and then pick up Vlaada Chavatil Code Names at Rose City Comic Con yesterday along with Sylvion (for half price!). I am not a big party game style game but Code Names is really fun and unlike other party games this one doesn't require a lot from non-gamers or people who are shy and doesn't like to say much (it's actually perfect for them). I would never be able to get game like Spyfall or One Night to our family group.

U2ohpHrl.jpg

Has anyone had to deal with CMON customer service? Are they generally terrible or am I having bad luck? I think they've sent my box to the wrong address and e-mailed them 14 days ago, 7 days ago I got a pointless "we will look into this" response, nothing since. Should I just start the PayPal refund process now to save me the time or will they come through eventually?

Like most of my LCG, I use Broken Token insert because I want everything kept in original box. It is however an expensive way to do it.
It's not gonna get cheaper as the game grows either... You're already pretty full in that box and that's only waves 1 and 2, with 3 more announced (and who knows how many unannounced waves). I wanted to buy the insert you have but I just can't justify the cost when I know it'll be outdated in like 3 months.

Only want one expansion for Race, and mainly because I want some more balance between the different strategies.
The base game is skewed towards Produce / Consume and by now my wife and I have played the game so much that who ever uses PC allways wins.
I have heard that both exp offer some balancing cards but which one offers the best balance?
I dont care about the soloplay in TGS since I use the keldon AI for that anyway.

I haven't played Alien Artifacts, but I know that it's a completely different game when added because it's an independent expansion from the first three expansions of the game.

Anyway, I would definitely suggest TGS. The solitaire version is whatever, but the additional cards (new 6-cost developments) and new tiles (goals) definitely balance the game out.

EDIT: Been reading more of the reviews for AA, and it seems that it also balances the game out with just one expansion. You apparently don't need to play the Orb module.

fenners

I've played close to 200 games of Race with The Gathering Storm. It rounds out the base cards nicely with each colour having solid paths to win, and a nice set of military cards too. Definitely more options to win, especially if you can actually race...

The goals give some nice point goals too.

Experien

Like most of my LCG, I use Broken Token insert because I want everything kept in original box. It is however an expensive way to do it. I think most people store them in one of those "shoebox" style card storage box make for CCG or collectible cards.

Pqz7laJl.jpg

Finally got around to put this together couple days ago. Overall I like it and I don't think I could make a better one that store all the stuffs using foam core. It is a nice all in one box design, that said I also found out that there is another one by Go7Gaming and that one have more room but you need to have the Twin Shadows expansion for storing the tiles (or stores in elsewhere). I actually like the idea of having all the tiles in one box instead all cram into the core box. Since the skirmish game is randomly chosen before the start of the game, by separating the tiles into their numbers it really help speed thing up having to make the map on the fly.

That looks really nice but I think I need avoid it if I am going to get expansions past Twin Shadows. That's my only hesitation.

The bantha expansion pack already makes that storage solution reach its limit. It's nice but the giant figs and extra tiles to come mean you need multiple boxes for IA

XShagrath

Those Broken Token inserts look great, but some of them are just about as expensive as the games themselves (especially if buying from some place like CSI). I'd much rather create my own storage solutions using Plano boxes or foamboard instead and buy an additional game with the saved money.

Has anyone had to deal with CMON customer service? Are they generally terrible or am I having bad luck? I think they've sent my box to the wrong address and e-mailed them 14 days ago, 7 days ago I got a pointless "we will look into this" response, nothing since. Should I just start the PayPal refund process now to save me the time or will they come through eventually?

It's not gonna get cheaper as the game grows either... You're already pretty full in that box and that's only waves 1 and 2, with 3 more announced (and who knows how many unannounced waves). I wanted to buy the insert you have but I just can't justify the cost when I know it'll be outdated in like 3 months.

That looks really nice but I think I need avoid it if I am going to get expansions past Twin Shadows. That's my only hesitation.

The bantha expansion pack already makes that storage solution reach its limit. It's nice but the giant figs and extra tiles to come mean you need multiple boxes for IA

Most inserts are expensive and I thought about it a great deal before I bought it. I think the same Xshagrath that I can get another game for the cost. That said, I spend about $8-9 on foam core board, plus $4 for the Plano on the first insert I made for Imp. Assault. It works OK but everything was crammed in full and all the figures were just dump inside. This was fine before I started to paint them. I pondered redesign of the insert which would cost me another foam core board and spend hours rethink the design and more implementing it but just could not come up with one that could fit everything in it and yet easily removable. In the end as much as I enjoy making the foam core I rather spend time playing games.

As for the Broken Token Imperial Assault box being already obsolete, well that is inevitable. I don't think you could go in thinking someone could devised any type of solution for this game without short of using physic defying science. I am still amazed that they were able to get all the game plus all the expansions up to the Twin Shadows into this one core box. (There are still space for the figures in the tray underneath). The other insert (go7game) have more rooms but I don't plan to expand the game past Twin Shadow at this point (I haven't got Twin Shadow yet) since I really don't have anyone to play the campaign with and this was the best choice for me. Go7Game insert use Twin box to store all the tiles and thus more room in the core for more expansion.

According to the post by both go7Game and Broken Token on BGG, they are planning to do expansion insert when Hoth expansion come out. I think that is perfect solution other route would be buying those army carrying case or the giant tackle box. I did this with Eldritch Horror recently, and expand my core with Mountains of Madness and able to get everything fit nicely into two boxes.

As for CMON customer service, all I ever hear about them is terrible things on BGG. I do regret backing the next Zombicide. Actually so far all my KS games have been somewhat disappointing as far as game play is concern and I should have wait to see more reviews. It seems many KS games just need more time in the cooker. Problem with CMON game is if you don't get in on their KS, they lock half of their stuffs behind KS paywall.

Most inserts are expensive and I thought about it a great deal before I bought it. I think the same Xshagrath that I can get another game for the cost. That said, I spend about $8-9 on foam core board, plus $4 for the Plano on the first insert I made for Imp. Assault. It works OK but everything was crammed in full and all the figures were just dump inside. This was fine before I started to paint them. I pondered redesign of the insert which would cost me another foam core board and spend hours rethink the design and more implementing it but just could not come up with one that could fit everything in it and yet easily removable. In the end as much as I enjoy making the foam core I rather spend time playing games.

As for the Broken Token Imperial Assault box being already obsolete, well that is inevitable. I don't think you could go in thinking someone could devised any type of solution for this game without short of using physic defying science. I am still amazed that they were able to get all the game plus all the expansions up to the Twin Shadows into this one core box. (There are still space for the figures in the tray underneath). The other insert (go7game) have more rooms but I don't plan to expand the game past Twin Shadow at this point (I haven't got Twin Shadow yet) since I really don't have anyone to play the campaign with and this was the best choice for me. Go7Game insert use Twin box to store all the tiles and thus more room in the core for more expansion.

According to the post by both go7Game and Broken Token on BGG, they are planning to do expansion insert when Hoth expansion come out. I think that is perfect solution other route would be buying those army carrying case or the giant tackle box. I did the same with Eldritch Horror recently, and expanded my core game by making insert for the Mountains of Madness expansion and able to get everything fit nicely into two boxes.

cyzH26mm.jpg

As for CMON customer service, all I ever hear about them is terrible things on BGG. I do regret backing the next Zombicide. Actually so far all my KS games have been somewhat disappointing as far as game play is concern and I should have wait to see more reviews. It seems many KS games just need more time in the cooker. Problem with CMON game is if you don't get in on their KS, they lock half of their stuffs behind KS paywall.

Draxal

CMON did me right for the arcadia kickstarter. I asked for a replacement box as the box got slashed damaged pretty heavily during the shipment (but the contents were fine) ... and they sent me a brand new unit. I wasn't honestly expecting to get the box (I mean it was kinda an outrageous request on my part) ... but to send me an entire replacement unit was above and beyond imho.

FFG is still very very good at customer as well.

daevv

I have the inserts flipped over in my two core sets. Still manages to fit all the cards from them and the first two cycles. Currently have four decks built and have them each in Ultra Pro plastic deck boxes. Will need a shoebox soon though. I have the two hobbit and first two LOTR Saga expansions not opened. I only sleeve my decks and current encounter deck scenario I'm playing.

FFG is still very very good at customer as well.

They are. My Colossal Arena card game was bought new and came with half the cards misscut. They sent me the whole game again.

Found a new sealed Twilight Struggle deluxe Ed. at the store I was buying sleeves at today. It was hidden behind some older NHL figures on a shelf. Price tag said $69.99 but the owner gave it to me for $40+tax. I've known the owner for 20 years or so. I used to buy sports cards off him before he had a store, when he was selling them from his house. ;)

Tried to play Temple of Elemental Evil again today. We died after six tiles. T_T Should we be using two characters each? Though that would lead to even more encounter cards. Fuck those things.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Tried to play Temple of Elemental Evil again today. We died after six tiles. T_T Should we be using two characters each? Though that would lead to even more encounter cards. Fuck those things.

I'll bust out Ravenloft for a solo game tonight. I don't remember it being too crazy hard. Of course, TOEE is a different scenario...But the core game shouldn't be too crazy. You should try a 4 hero game to see if that does help at all.

Anyone had a chance to play World of Smog: On Her Majesty's Secret Service yet? I am super itching to try the game out. Still haven't gotten to despite getting my stuff awhile ago.

Anyone had a chance to play World of Smog: On Her Majesty's Secret Service yet? I am super itching to try the game out. Still haven't gotten to despite getting my stuff awhile ago.

We played a 4 players game couple weeks ago. I thought my daughter was going to flip the table at the end of the game. We had a blast despite some rules confusion at the beginning. There are some take that elements that some might find a turn off in a mostly Euro style game but I think it help balance out the game. We would play it again (though my daughter has declared that it's the worst game ever). She got her set collections done and moved to her secret exit but forgot that she need an action to actually exit. To make it worst her cousin played a card that turn the entire board around and won the game. The board is beautiful and pawns for this game sure beat the wooden cube or meeples you find in this style of game. My only gripe with CMON games is usually the quality of their cards. They are a bit on the thin side.

Problem with CMON game is if you don't get in on their KS, they lock half of their stuffs behind KS paywall.
This is a serious bummer, especially if you're a mini painter/collector/whatever like myself. It's really frustrating to see that "kickstarter exclusive!" banner on half of the items in any given KS they do. I've given up on refusing KS projects and will back The Others just to get all those sweet exclusives.

CMON did me right for the arcadia kickstarter. I asked for a replacement box as the box got slashed damaged pretty heavily during the shipment (but the contents were fine) ... and they sent me a brand new unit. I wasn't honestly expecting to get the box (I mean it was kinda an outrageous request on my part) ... but to send me an entire replacement unit was above and beyond imho.
That sounds pretty good. I went browsing on BGG after I made my post and it seems that their service is pretty random. Sometimes you catch them on a good day, like you did, and other times you get two responses spread over 14+ days... I finally did get an update and apparently they actually did send my package to the wrong guy, and now they're saying that they're going to try and get it back from that person and then send it to me. So like probably 5 more weeks until I have it, if I ever get it. :(

This is a serious bummer, especially if you're a mini painter/collector/whatever like myself. It's really frustrating to see that "kickstarter exclusive!" banner on half of the items in any given KS they do. I've given up on refusing KS projects and will back The Others just to get all those sweet exclusives.

That sounds pretty good. I went browsing on BGG after I made my post and it seems that their service is pretty random. Sometimes you catch them on a good day, like you did, and other times you get two responses spread over 14+ days... I finally did get an update and apparently they actually did send my package to the wrong guy, and now they're saying that they're going to try and get it back from that person and then send it to me. So like probably 5 more weeks until I have it, if I ever get it. :(

I am not sure why you would need to wait for them to get it back, it's their fault so they should be sending you a new one. I would do a charge back or file a fraud claim. However if it was your mistake then I can understand if they won't send you a replacement. I don't know everything I read about them on BBG and Facebook and Kickstarter just scream a company that care very little about customers.

Blizzard

Banned
I truly love boardgamegeek some times.

Donald X made Dominion and its Seaside expansion 6+ years ago. Tonight after getting Seaside, I posted a question about a specific card wording interpretation that only a few people had been bothered by, since I couldn't find any official ruling on it besides what seemed like the reasonable answer.

6 minutes after I posted which was already after midnight eastern time, Donald X himself appeared and confirmed the card interpretation.

This is how they sucker so many people to go all in on their expensive kickstarters, offering lot of exclusives. People blindly buy into their games even before knowing the rules or how the games even play.

You spend a ton, a few months later after release though you will find their games discounted online somewhere for a huge savings. But for some those exclusive figs people can't avoid... even if they don't know if those pieces are even useful or worth it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is how they sucker so many people to go all in on their expensive kickstarters, offering lot of exclusives. People blindly buy into their games even before knowing the rules or how the games even play.

You spend a ton, a few months later after release though you will find their games discounted online somewhere for a huge savings. But for some those exclusive figs people can't avoid... even if they don't know if those pieces are even useful or worth it.

Gloomhaven seems to be doing it right on this front.

I am not sure why you would need to wait for them to get it back, it's their fault so they should be sending you a new one. I would do a charge back or file a fraud claim. However if it was your mistake then I can understand if they won't send you a replacement. I don't know everything I read about them on BBG and Facebook and Kickstarter just scream a company that care very little about customers.
I apparently managed to order their last copy of a game that is no longer in print (or that they don't intend to carry anymore). Fault is all theirs, all of the receipts list my address correctly. They apparently just slapped on the wrong label when shipping. You'd think that a company that grew out of a community site for mini painting would understand the value of community, huh?

6 minutes after I posted which was already after midnight eastern time, Donald X himself appeared and confirmed the card interpretation.
I geeked out a little the other day when I saw Sandy Petersen posting. I'm sure he's heard enough comments about Darklands and Doom II by now, so I didn't say anything.

Well, I'm in Europe, so there is no huge savings ever, unless the game bombs hard like for example Sedition Wars did. I actually managed to find that for about $30, which is a crazy good price for a heavy, mini-packed game like that over here in Sweden. As a price comparison for a new game, Rum & Bones is a little under $110 here and, since board games are pretty heavy, I save basically nothing by ordering online. I liked the internet better before shipping companies wised up and the EU started forcing retailers to charge VAT and so on...

Basically, in the end, backing a KS and getting all the addons and all the stretch goals is one of the cheapest ways I can acquire like 75+ minis to paint (which is the main draw with CMON games for me).

Lyng

Ended up choosing Alien Artifacts, due to Tom Lehmann saying it balances the game as much as TGS, and well there are more cards in AA so I went with that.

Hope to get it to the table tomorrow

Russ T

Banned
I've recently received my first shipment of Kingdom Death: Monster after all this time, and now I've remembered that I wanted to paint these miniatures. I don't know how to paint miniatures!

What a disaster I've gotten myself into.

I guess I should play the game at some point, too! Anyone in Dallas wanna figure this game out with me.

Yeah this is definitely a huge worry for me. I've basically stopped backing Kickstarter board games that have that gross practice.

Of course, this is after I spent an absolutely embarrassing amount on the aforementioned Kingdom Death... ):

yayaba

I'm not home right now, otherwise I would take a picture but I flip the included insert upside down which provides two grooves, one on the left and one on the right. The grooves are wide enough to hold sleeved cards. I use FFG standard card sleeves and they work great. Black for player cards, white for heroes, and red for encounter decks. A nice bonus from sleeving is that you can proxy cards easily as well since the FFG sleeves are a solid color on the back side so you can proxy with MTG cards or something for a similar feel.

I sleeve my heroes and player cards and for encounter sets:

1) Each quest is composed of multiple encounter sets mashed together. There's the set that is named after the quest itself (Passage Through Mirkwood, Hunt for Gollum, etc.) and there are other encounter sets that are part of the base cycle (Dol Guldur Orcs, Spiders of Mirkwood, etc). The quest cards are usually only used for the single quest itself (exception is Journey Down The Anduin) while the shared sets are used by multiple quests throughout that cycle.

2) I sleeve just the shared ones and when I want to play a particular quest, I unsleeve the old quest cards I was playing with and just sleeve the new quest cards. So unsleeving/sleeving isn't too bad since it's just one encounter set to deal with.

I just made ghetto dividers using index cards but you can download nicer ones from Boardgamegeek if you want.

I have cards from Core and 3 Shadows of Mirkwood AP packs and everything fits very well in one column of the original box with the insert flipped. I can probably fit a few more AP packs before I need to start on the second column.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for all the info on LOTR guys. My stuff came today. I bought a few Adventure Packs as well. Should I take any and all player cards and put them in my pool of usable cards? And any of the "other" cards stay together and separate as they form specific quests, right? I also have a deluxe expansion which should also remain it's own thing (except for player cards)?

Categorize all the scenario cards by type, since multiple scenarios can use the same enemy type. Rest of the cards can all just be mixed together or categorized. Only the saga expansions you want to keep separate, as they are meant to be played with a more stand alone theme as they just let you play through the stories of the Hobbit and LOTR books.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Categorize all the scenario cards by type, since multiple scenarios can use the same enemy type. Rest of the cards can all just be mixed together or categorized. Only the saga expansions you want to keep separate, as they are meant to be played with a more stand alone theme as they just let you play through the stories of the Hobbit and LOTR books.

Oh OK cool - so sort by symbols. Got it.

Saga player stuff should be kept separate as well?

Saga stuff can be mixed from what I understand, but they are more self contained and include some exclusive cards for use only in specific story scenarios or special rule cards just for that set saga scenarios.

hunchback

I'm patiently waiting for my copy of LOTR card game and sleeves. I couldn't believe what Amazon was trying to charge for card sleeves. It is almost double the price. I checked Cool Stuff but they seem to have expensive shipping unless you go over the 100 dollar mark.
Will I have fun with the core set while I learn the game? I didn't want to spend extra money on the Saga expansions until I know I really enjoy it.

Top Bottom