• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new burnout 3 vid

Brofist

I can't even watch videos for Burnout 3 anymore, if I hype myself up anymore for it I'll explode. I did the demo, and videos..I need the game NOW!!

Dekajelly

The game got 10/10 from Playstation World's exclusive review (Future Magazine).

tenpound.jpg
x 500 :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Well the game is really great. I won't say it's worth a perfect 10, but it's real good. The stuff added by EA are annoying (like the EA Trax title bar appearing ON TOP of the burnout bar) and the interface could have been better, but gameplay is quite excellent.
I wish they finally removed the loading time when you want to restart a crash (so much time loss) though.

So which version is the version to get? I'm leaning toward PS2 cuz of force feedback wheel support. Any reason to get the Xbox version over it?

Solid

Xbox here too. I have Burnout 2 for it so it seems natural.

Edit: I hate that angle in the video :<

shibbs

I should get this game, should be a blast online but there are so many good games coming out. Damn me for having all 3 :/

pilonv1

Dekajelly said:
The game got 10/10 from Playstation World's exclusive review (Future Magazine).

tenpound.jpg
x 500 :p

It's not the only official mag that is giving it 10/10. Money/Advertising hats all round it seems.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I just saw outrun 2 running on Xbox (sorry no vids to link to) and ive gotta say Burnout 3 looks soooo much faster, i kinda prefer the cleaner look Outrun has though, im totally torn for which one to buy this fall, might come down to how good they are online.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Played both Outrun 2 and Burnout 3 at E3. No contest at all - Sega's game was nice enough, but BO3 killed all of the other racers there...GT4 included. Yep, I said it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Xbox = Live and better gfx. I don't have a wheel my self, so I can't judge, really. :/
You get 8 player online on the PS2 as well, and the graphics looks pretty much the same. Xbox version (I think) has custom soundtracks, though, which were really well implemented in BO2. Although, there was some rumor that they removed that option? Now that I think about it, I have yet to hear the official confirmation that the PS2 version will have FF wheel support?

Lil' Dice

Banned
bishoptl said:
Played both Outrun 2 and Burnout 3 at E3. No contest at all - Sega's game was nice enough, but BO3 killed all of the other racers there...GT4 included. Yep, I said it.

I agree. BO3 is the choice....of choice gamers.
I don't have time to playa game that requires me to buy new tires, mufflers, brakes, suspension and other car parts in order to advance in the game; shit, i do that in real life and don't enjoy it one but.....

bishoptl said:
If BO3 supports custom soundtracks, I'll pick up the Xbox version. EA Trax = teh nos.
You'll pick up the Xbox version so I can slap you around once I'm done slapping you around in NHL2K5

Meier

bishoptl said:
If BO3 supports custom soundtracks, I'll pick up the Xbox version. EA Trax = teh nos.

Think I heard it doesn't support it this go round :( Still picking up the Xbox version myself.. and yes, this game smoked all other racers at E3. Outrun 2 was fun but it has NOTHING on Burnout 3 and that's the truth (well except the smoking hot booth babe in her tight spandex shorts and tiny top).

BeOnEdge

Banned
bishoptl said:
fuck you bitch

LOLOLOLOLOL

Ha! I remember BOE pimping OutRun 2 over BO3.....i'm glad to see he's finally come to his senses

HEY NOW. I didnt say outrun 2 wouldnt rock my boxers still BUT as you know, i am BeOnEdge. I CRAVE chaos. BurnOut is PURE chaos.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'm going with the Xbox version. Yeah, maybe the graphics are marginally better, but I don't care much about that. What I'm craving for is the custom soundtrack feature, for my initial D soundtracks. :D

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
That picture doesn't do her justice at all. Live and fleshy > poorly lit pic. So gosh-darn sugary cute, my teeth itched.

Anyways, BACK TO THE GAME...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
promo12Cf01w600.JPG

There *IS* no debate!

And custom soundtracks? I've been doing custom soundtracks for years, regardless of the game console...

XS-3-large.jpg

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
kpop100 said:
Shit, thats not a bad idea...how much one of those there go for.

the mixer? ou can pick one up from Radio Shack for like $25.

damn! I've never seen any gameplay videos before, and those look so awesome. I can't believe how fast the game is moving! crazy...

no live, :)() but I'm still getting the xbox version.

Top Bottom