• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Gohan please be awesome #TeamGohan

Easily the biggest regret of the DBZ saga. The character who was supposed to be the chosen one ends up being completely wasted because of the fans. I wish Toriyama actually had some balls.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Goku ends up being the one that defeats Freiza in the new movie even though logically, it should be Vegeta.

Skii

Even worse. Completely destroys the significance of Goku's sacrifice in the Cell saga for him to return because he can't add complexity to rest of the characters

Oh well. Just hope he gives the rest of the gang a fair share of the victories in this new series. Doubt it though.

I like Goku btw but I'd prefer him to be one of numerous important characters rather than just being the main character at the expense of everyone else

It makes sense that Gohan didn't become the main hero. His flaw was exposed in the Cell Games. It's not in his nature to fight like Goku or Vegeta. If people have a gripe with how Gohan was handled then you must criticize Toriyama during the Cell Games because that is where it started. Prior to the Cell Games, Gohan was eager to fight and forgo his studies. During the Cell Games, he didn't want to fight Cell and people often criticize Goku for not realizing that Gohan isn't cut from the same cloth as he.

Patapwn

I wish humans like Tien could get some transformation god power. Unique god powers for the Z warriors would make everyone relevant again

Ishida

Banned
I thought he died, no?

In GT he does. And what a magnificent death. :'(

tumblr_l491x78uOb1qauefi.jpg

Vice

The man has a career now, and has stated he doesn't like fighting like his dad.

Of course, this is Toriyama, he could retcon whatever he wants.
Gohan never enjoyed fighting, but he has a very strong sense of responsibility when it comes to protecting his friends and those weaker than him. So, if there's a new enemy who might kill Videl and Pan it would be in Gohan's nature to become a fighter again. And, he'd probably catch up really fast since it's Dragon Ball.

Mortemis

Banned
Come on guys, believe. Gohan just looks weak, I'm sure in the new series he'll find some strength to become the strongest again
just to get jobbed again
!

New Dragonball Z, new Sailor Moon, Toonami is on the air, Ducktails is getting rebooted, Square Enix is making games, I just downed a can of Surge

The 90s have come back

Ishida

Banned
Yeah I like Goten's GT haircut. And characterization, to be honest.

Yeah! I thought I would be the only one. Again, I loved how they made him into a city boy, which reflects on his relationship with Trunks after they moved into the city. He was no longer the naive mountain boy like his father. Loved how he was trying to impress his girlfriend.

Wazzy

Banned
GT's Goten design was fantastic. I loved he just didn't look like another Goku clone.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of GT but Goten was one of my favourite parts. His design and personality is actually different compared to setting him up as Goku No.2 which made him kind of boring in DBZ.

I also want the GT Vegeta hair to be canon. Just give it to me Tori. :(

Ishida

Banned
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of GT but Goten was one of my favourite parts. His design and personality is actually different compared to setting him up as Goku No.2 which made him kind of boring in DBZ.

I also want the GT Vegeta hair to be canon. Just give it to me Tori. :(

Vegeta's design for GT after the moustache-shaving was AMAZING. Easily my favorite Vegeta design ever.

Mortemis

Banned
Yeah, I liked Goten's look in GT too, but I want to see him as a sword master like I read somewhere. Something about him and trunks opening up a sword school or something.

I'll agree that Vegeta's design post mustache was great and wouldn't mind it coming back, didn't care for Goten, he was barely in GT anyway.

The two halves of Gotenks still had no personality at the end of Z but I liked their design.

I don't like Goten's GT design. Vegeta, Gohan and Goten all looked the same in GT.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The two halves of Gotenks still had no personality at the end of Z but I liked their design.

I don't like Goten's GT design. Vegeta, Gohan and Goten all looked the same in GT.
I agree, especially with the bolded. Their haircuts were all too similar. I loved Goten's shaggy hair at the end of Z.

GT outfits > EoZ outfits, but EoZ hair > GT hair by a very large margin on both counts.

In GT he does. And what a magnificent death. :'(

tumblr_l491x78uOb1qauefi.jpg

I love how this episode was like the only episode Piccolo did anything in GT other than get jobbed by Baby in less than like 5 seconds of appearing.

It was even more hilarious that they didn't have any footage of Gohan doing anything, so they just used the footage of Baby Gohan killing Piccolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom