• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
By end of Z they should be roughly the same height and the power difference shouldn't be too much that one can't just push theirs down.

Edit: In fact is there any reason to think one Trunks is that different from the other.

I don't think current Trunks even in GT ever reached Future Trunks strength. Future Trunks was almost a SSj2. I do wonder how a fusion would look between them though. Super Trunks.

I don't think current Trunks even in GT ever reached Future Trunks strength. Future Trunks was almost a SSj2. I do wonder how a fusion would look between them though. Super Trunks.

0MC4ElK.jpg

If I recall correctly, in Yo! Goku and his friends return. Did Goku said that someone equivalent to Freezer strength would make a good practice for him and Goten?

munchie64

Well if he went to higher forms yeah, but if they both went SSJ1 it probably wouldn't be too different.
Or hell in base form where power levels are easily controllable.

Sheroking

I don't think "more female fighters" is controversial. Involving Pan more heavily would be cool.

I think it'd be cool if they did an arc where Goku, Vegeta and Gohan had to go to another dimension and the rest of the team had to stay and protect the earth from lesser powerful inter-dimensional without them.

It'd give the other fighters a reason to exist, give them stakes, let them avoid handing out BS power-ups to currently irrelevant characters, etc.

I guess I always assumed he wanted to be more "sporting" since he enjoys fighting so much, but that explanation only goes so far.

To be honest I kind of hate Gotenks, though. Which is funny because I like both Goten and Trunks and think they function well as a duo.

Gotenks is basically an immature mini Vegeta.

NeonZ

Wasn't kid trunks as strong as future trunks?

Some people think that he's at least around #18 in strength due to how worried she gets during the tournament. Nothing else suggests they're that strong though. Child Trunks could barely handle 100g in base.

Future Trunks would quickly apply the most efficient strategy to defeat Kid Trunks while Kid Trunks is busy sticking his tongue out, showing his butt and generally goofing around.

EGOMON

I want this badass back, please Toriyama admit you suck at transformations and GT transformation were better
gogeta_ssj4_by_jordanr4-d5lnhyc.jpg

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I want this badass back, please Toriyama admit tou suck at transformations and GT transformation were better

Toriyama already said no more transformations, which is a refreshing approach to the series.

Toriyama already said no more transformations, which is a refreshing approach to the series.

when did he say this?

all he said before was that Goku(and now Vegeta) wouldn't use SSJ2 and 3 anymore because they waste energy. He said nothing about no new transformations period, hell we just got a new one in RoF.

The original DB was the best part of the franchise and barely had any transformations (aside from Great Ape and jokes like all the shapeshifter characters).

Snaku

Banned
when did he say this?

all he said before was that Goku(and now Vegeta) wouldn't use SSJ2 and 3 anymore because they waste energy. He said nothing about no new transformations period, hell we just got a new one in RoF.

It's not really a new transformation, it's the same SSJ1 transformation just with godly ki augmenting it.

cereal_killerxx

Hoping that Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu will become useful again. Tired of watching to many awesome characters go to waste. We all love Goku but he can't be in the spotlight all the time.

Sami+

I wonder if the crazy transformations and forms from Dragonball Heroes will rub off on DBS. Some are cool, but some are almost fan fiction tier. Quick list:

Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta
Super Saiyan 3 Gogeta
Super Saiyan 3 Vegito
Super Saiyan 3 Future Gohan
Super Saiyan 3 Future Trunks and Present Trunks
Super Saiyan 3 and 4 Broly
Super Saiyan 2 Bardock
Adult Gotenks
Mystic Pikkon
Kid Buu w/ Babidi or Kibito Kai absorbed
Super 17 w/ Cell absorbed

Depending on how far in the future they go, an adult Gotenks is possible. Besides that, all I really would like to see is a Super Saiyan Pan.

I hope we never see Broly again

Crocodile

You know if Marvel took the DBZ approach, then Hulk and Thor would be wasting everyone while the rest cheered from the sidelines

Isn't that basically what happened with the X-men movies (i.e. Wolverine and friends)? :p

Yes I know that's technically Sony, whatever :p

I would also hope the entire stock of Marvel writers could out-write one old ass dude :p

It's not really a new transformation, it's the same SSJ1 transformation just with godly ki augmenting it.

look forget the semantics, for all intents and purposes that thing is new.

it looks new, it's marketed as new, it has a new name, it's new.

Hoping that Yamcha, Tien, and Chiaotzu will become useful again. Tired of watching to many awesome characters go to waste. We all love Goku but he can't be in the spotlight all the time.

Isn't the voice actor for Chiaotzu dead? Sure they could recast the character, but I think they will probably just retire him considering he stopped being a relevant character in ages.

andymcc

Banned
Isn't the voice actor for Chiaotzu dead? Sure they could recast the character, but I think they will probably just retire him considering he stopped being a relevant character in ages.

The original voice actors for many Dragon Ball/Z characters (Tenshinhan, Mr. Satan/Ox King, Karin, etc.) are dead and they've long since been recast.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Really now?

Doesn't sound like you assumed anything, you outright said they announced they were working on a new series, which was false. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Yes, I'm probably making this up too, aren't I?

From 2013 said:
Rumors have been circulating around the anime community about the possibility of having a new series

http://thetotobox.com/blog/dragon-ball-z-battle-of-gods-new-movie-and-a-new-series/

This is what every major anime site was reporting at the time so yeah, you're totally off base.

And just so you know, chocolate is my preferred flavor for apology cake.

A show mostly known for a signature transformation, super saiyan, goes the route of no more transformations. I don't know how I feel about this. No one can deny how cool it is to see a character ascend to a new level and SSG just felt like a side step design wise.

NeonZ

when did he say this?

Although SSGSS is basically just SSJ using SSJ God's power (even in the movie itself it's just called SSJ, "SSGSS" is basically just marketing), I think we'll get actual new transformations in the new show.

SSJ2 and SSJ3 being phased out is just like all those SSJ variations from the Cell Saga (Ultra 1, Ultra 2, Full power) disappearing once it was over and everyone just seemingly using the basic SSJ afterwards. Toriyama clearly doesn't like dealing with "outdated" power ups or transformations, with the basic SSJ being an exception for obvious reasons.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I'll say something very controversial, I want more female fighter's on Goku's team
Starting with Pan and have her go Super Saiyan against the first major villain
Android 18 gets an upgrade to Super Android 18

The fact that this would even be considered controversial tells me that there is something very wrong here...

Kito

I want this badass back, please Toriyama admit you suck at transformations and GT transformation were better

SSJ4 is an outstanding design and by far my top favourite in DB. If there was only a way for show producers to know SSJ4 is a fan fave; perhaps a video game statistic. E.g. SSJ4 the most played version of Goku in online battles, where it's available. (I don't know if that's true.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom