• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

Same here! I'm beginning to realize that I want to see more interactions between characters in Super than seeing them flat-out fight.

Dito. The Cast is huge and diverse. Seeing them interact with each other is much more intresting than seeing them Fight. Especially if you already watch/read a lot of other Shounen-Stuff.

Maybe this is the reason i like Abridged so much more than the original Series.

Also: I wanna finally see a female SSJ, is that too much to ask for?

I want to see Pan and Bra become the focus, but I wonder if I'm being realistic.

1030.jpg

They are incredible in Multiverse! Especially Bra!

Aiii

So not worth it
I want to see Pan and Bra become the focus, but I wonder if I'm being realistic.

1030.jpg

They are incredible in Multiverse! Especially Bra!

Did anything finally happen in that series?

I pretty much gave up on it after two years after absolutely nothing happening on it. I don't think they even made it past the first round of the tournament at that point and there was no sight of a big bad antagonist to fight, or anything.

I'm willing to give it another shot if there's actually a story now, is there?

There is also such a thing as too much silence. I'm much more of a fan of dramatic music buildup.

Even if you don't like too much silence, it's better than Faulconer's usage of sound. For example, as soon as Gohan transforms to ss2, the usual music is there to hype up the audience, but then as soon as it switches to Mr. Satan, the reporter, and cameraman, the music turns to some comedic relief music or some random sounds for a couple of seconds before finally switching back to more hype music.

Go to 3:30. The music changes as soon as it switches to Mr Satan for no reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIH9uas-uPk

It's just ridiculous. Stick to 1 song or stfu Faulconer.

I pretty much gave up on it after two years after absolutely nothing happening on it. I don't think they even made it past the first round of the tournament at that point and there was no sight of a big bad antagonist to fight, or anything.

I believe the tournament is in round 3.. There's a big bad, who is biding his time. It's still a long way from being close to over.

The tournament is still ongoing, but there has been a major incident (
Zen Buu went on a rampage because Vegito was disqualified and Zen Buu wanted to fight him
) and Bardock's prophetic visions hint at an even bigger event that will probably not happen for a while.

Dito. The Cast is huge and diverse. Seeing them interact with each other is much more intresting than seeing them Fight. Especially if you already watch/read a lot of other Shounen-Stuff.

Maybe this is the reason i like Abridged so much more than the original Series.

Also: I wanna finally see a female SSJ, is that too much to ask for?

Well, if they decide to do anything with the kids maybe we'll see Pan go SSJ, that'd be nice.

Mikey Jr.

That would require SSJ4, which isn't a thing in the main continuity.

I don't think toriyama wants to address ssj4. So goku keeps transforming into forms that are better than 3, but clearly not the next "step".

Hopefully he retcons 4. What a fucking stupid ass transformation. You gain leather pants and a belt because reasons.

Edit: I should say vegeta gets it even though he went great ape the first time. Same with goku.

Mikey Jr.

I always kinda wondered how much Saiyan blood is needed for this. Pan is only quarter Saiyan but it'd be cool to see her go super.

I think near the end of gt, there are kids who go ssj, and that has to be like 80 years later.

So it's probably just a tiny bit.

DBZ just isn't DBZ without Faulconer for me. I freaking love his work. His soundtrack is perfect for DBZ.

Same. The JP Soundtrack has some godlike stuff too, but most of it is snore inducing to me.

On the other hand though, the audio mix for Faulcouner's stuff had no chill button whatsoever. It really didn't know when to shut up.

I always kinda wondered how much Saiyan blood is needed for this. Pan is only quarter Saiyan but it'd be cool to see her go super.

I mean if the pattern persist, she could go super saiyan when she's learning how to walk, right?

Edit: Or not. Damn, keep forgetting Goten and Kid Trunks are still halfies. Still think it could be a generational thing.

I hope they just leave the Japanese score alone. The only epic thing Falcouner has done was that SSJ3 Goku theme.

I rewatched the last episode of Z and the first 2 episodes of GT. They seem to flow into eachother well. It would be cool if the first few episodes of Super they can somehow confirm that GT is in an alternate timeline which got effected when
Whis turned back time to save the Earth.
pretty easy to do and a cool retcon

I hope they just leave the Japanese score alone. The only epic thing Falcouner has done was that SSJ3 Goku theme.

I rewatched the last episode of Z and the first 2 episodes of GT. They seem to flow into eachother well. It would be cool if the first few episodes of Super they can somehow confirm that GT is in an alternate timeline which got effected when

That wouldn't explain GT at all...

NeonZ

That wouldn't really fit though. By that point Goku and Vegeta already have the
blue SSJ form, which obviously doesn't exist in GT since they still have yellow hair while going SSJ.

I don't think toriyama wants to address ssj4. So goku keeps transforming into forms that are better than 3, but clearly not the next "step".

Hopefully he retcons 4. What a fucking stupid ass transformation. You gain leather pants and a belt because reasons.

Edit: I should say vegeta gets it even though he went great ape the first time. Same with goku.

Toriyama basically retconned SSJ2 and SSJ3 into being false steps in the evolution of SSJ, like the two bulked up SSJ forms from the Cell Saga.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/saikyo-jump-june-2014-issue-twel-buu-mysteries/
Akira Toriyama said:
Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won’t become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more.

It might sound odd, but if you think about it, the only time SSJ2 really stands out is Gohan vs Cell, and there it also involved awakening Gohan's hidden power. Meanwhile, although SSJ3 was clearly a power boost, it doesn't really accomplish anything, so one wonders how big the boost was in the first place.

So, If Goku gets a new transformation, it probably won't be a "SSJ#" at all, but a new transformation altogether.

Was that a RoF spoiler? :(
Please mark what it is you're spoiling...

Falconer > Japanese track all day every day.

When I was watching Kai I really disliked the same constant score that started from the Saiyan Saga and would continue on till the Buu Saga. There was no variations in melody or a new score for new Saga's. The 80's Japanese farting trumpet noises really grated on me and of course then there were moments with scenes in pure silence for prolonged periods.

Sure, I'm not saying Falconer's score is perfect, but his score did one thing that the Japanese counterpart didn't and that's really hyping up and making certain scenes memorable. Gohan turning SSJ2, Gohan vs Cell, Vegeta's theme, Picollo's theme, SSJ3 theme and Kid Buu's theme to name but a few.

I know it's probably wishful thinking as both Falconer and Funimation didn't part ways on amicable terms but I would love if he made a return back.

munchie64

Sure, I'm not saying Falconer's score is perfect, but his score did one thing that the Japanese counterpart didn't and that's really hyping up and making certain scenes memorable. Gohan turning SSJ2, Gohan vs Cell, Vegeta's theme, Picollo's theme, SSJ3 theme and Kid Buu's theme to name but a few.

I know it's probably wishful thinking as both Falconer and Funimation didn't part ways on amicable terms but I would love if he made a return back.
The American soundtrack has no insert songs tho.

Also smh at people wanting Funimation to go back to shitty 90s tactics.

Skii

That wouldn't really fit though. By that point Goku and Vegeta already have the
blue SSJ form, which obviously doesn't exist in GT since they still have yellow hair while going SSJ.

Toriyama basically retconned SSJ2 and SSJ3 into being false steps in the evolution of SSJ, like the two bulked up SSJ forms from the Cell Saga.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/saikyo-jump-june-2014-issue-twel-buu-mysteries/

It might sound odd, but if you think about it, the only time SSJ2 really stands out is Gohan vs Cell, and there it also involved awakening Gohan's hidden power. Meanwhile, although SSJ3 was clearly a power boost, it doesn't really accomplish anything, so one wonders how big the boost was in the first place.

So, If Goku gets a new transformation, it probably won't be a "SSJ#" at all, but a new transformation altogether.

This all makes sense, especially with Ultimate Gohan being stronger than Goku SSJ3.

Is Ultimate Gohan his new base form, right? I remember seeing in a trailer for ROF that he turns SSJ which kinda goes against the whole point of the Ultimate form.

NastyBook

Everything but Cell Theme's from Falconer sucked balls. That includes that overrated ass piano theme. Japanese score all the way. It just fits and sounds better.

I never knew that there were fans of the American dub till a few years ago. When I was growing up and going on message boards, every topic was pretty much on how terrible the American dub and score are.

Also I wonder why you can't watch DBZ with the American score on the Funimation app. It's got the American dubbing but Japanese score. It's crazy how the score makes it seem like you're watching 2 different shows. Watching it with the American score gives DBZ a high extreme action cartoon vibe, but watching the Japanese version gives it more of a martial arts feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom