• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfChaos

I always thought Battle of Gods was a leadup to a new series, with the little hint of Bills saying something like "There are X number of beings in the universe more powerful than me". That gives the Saiyans something else to grow towards.

Fuji TV producer Osamu Nozaki commented on the new series as well, saying, “As I read the plot [of the series] I've already received from Akira Toriyama, my dreams for this begin to expand. An enemy even stronger than Buu or Freeza may appear...”

Well, yeah, if a new enemy was only as powerful as old enemies, Saiyans would stomp. Dem Zenkai gainz yo.

Snaku

Banned
8R0pIzc.png

Better quality of the new logo.

I hope Goku and Vegeta keep their Resurrection F designs. Continuity is good. I wonder how old Goten and Trunks will look!
Also that logo is exciting

Tesseract

Banned
I hope Goku and Vegeta keep their Resurrection F designs. Continuity is good. I wonder how old Goten and Trunks will look!
Also that logo is exciting

i really love vegeta's design, and he looks awesome with blue hair. blue hair is a huge improvement over red, that was a fuck up.

Limit

Is there a quick summary of what is cannon? Super is happening after revival of f but before GT, assuming GT is still being considered cannon, right? Last time I checked this thread there were posters saying GT is out of the window. Any confirmation on that?

Tesseract

Banned
Is there a quick summary of what is cannon? Super is happening after revival of f but before GT, assuming GT is still being considered cannon, right? Last time I checked this thread there were posters saying GT is out of the window. Any confirmation on that?

gt is dead, battle of gods nuked it from orbit.

Welfare

GT can not happen as BoG and RoF make it impossible to happen.

Toriyama long ago said GT was a side story and never said it was along the lines of "a direct continuation." Regardless, the mere existence of God Ki and SS God throws GT off the main storyline.

If you want, GT could still be considered "canon", of course, it would be an alternate universe.

Snaku

Banned
Toriyama long ago said GT was a side story and never said it was along the lines of "a direct continuation." Regardless, the mere existence of God Ki and SS God throws GT off the main storyline.

If you want, GT could still be considered "canon", of course, it would be an alternate universe.

Exactly, hell the current time line isn't even the original one, that would be future Trunks' time line. The DB multiverse could be really interesting and worth exploring if Toriyama feels like it.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
DB manga
DBZ manga / DB Kai anime
Goku & Friends Return
BoG
Resurrection of F

People are saying that because Super has a pretty fair chance of lasting into the timeline of GT I guess, and bunch of stuffs in GT has been contradicted in recent years (in BoG etc). Regardless, it has been established as a side-story/alternate timeline.

Still can't believe this is actually happening.

Same. It's really like a blast from the past. It's like my childhood all over again. I'm getting that same excitement. First ever DBZ ep I ever saw was when Goku showed up on Namek and wrecked Recoom from the Ginyu force. I was so damn excited to see what came next, but the shit just start over, and I was like "huh!?"

But it start over to the bloody amazing Saiyan arc, and I was just hooked from that point on.

Sandfox

In order:
Dragonball Minus
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Dragonball manga
Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
Battle of Gods
Resurrection ‘F’

I-hate-u

It's Vegeta or Piccolo's turn to beat the last boss in the first arc of DB super. Gohan already got his kill in, and Goku has done more than enough to help make sure other final bosses have lost/died.

The prince of jobbers should sit the hell down. You are right about Piccolo though. They need to power him up to the Saiyan's levels.

I-hate-u

Everyone in Dragonball is a jobber except Goku and Gohan that one time.

He cried against Freeza, got bitch slapped by Cell, and was destroyed by a Buu who was dancing around most of the fight. No one has a worse record than Vegeta except for Yamucha. No one.

Dragon Ball Super first order of business is to even the playing field, and somehow have Kirllin, Piccolo and Tien gain a huge power-up.

He cried against Freeza, got bitch slapped by Cell, and was destroyed by a Buu who was dancing around most of the fight. No one has a worse record than Vegeta except for Yamucha. No one.

Dragon Ball Super first order of business is to even the playing field, and somehow have Kirllin, Piccolo and Tien gain a huge power-up.

They also need to have Satan learn to control his ki and train endlessly...just so he can beat up Yamcha.

ant1532

Banned
new dragonball kai episode(156) so good.
thoughts:
mr buu :(
love the dragonball callback when goku yells for help for the spirit bomb. too much feelings.
vegeta beatdown pt2. love how on Goku's side Vegeta is in this fight.
also mr satan is legit as hell. HIS SONG THEME IS THE BEST. sounds likess mischief makers lol. kinda weird seeing everyone on earth chant SA-TAN.. lol.
mr buu so cool

going to miss this hand animation. the colors feel so right for dragonball and how toriyama colored

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That was the most heroic moment in the whole series.
Him coming out of nowhere and deflecting a shot from Buu was just as good, if not better, because it was totally unexpected. He also had a cape and a heroic pose for that one.

Tesseract

Banned
like to see more krillin, he's a pretty versatile fighter when he gets the opportunity. awesome use of beams, environment.

the vegeta and goku train needs to be slowed down a bit.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
At least we have Uub, Bulla, Pan and teen Goten and Trunks to take the spolight away from Goku and Vegeta. Hopefully Launch, Tien, Chaotzu, Yamcha and the others get an actual ending this time too.

ChouGoku

GT would be cannon to the anime, this is a continuation of the manga like the last 3 movies
Plz let this be the redemption of Gohan

Gohan has always taken the L every time outside of the Cell saga. He really lives up to his legacy on being a disappointment in the Boo saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom