• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piccolo better have a good role in this new series I swear.

He'll do some new training, get strong, and run into the new villain first. He'll hold his own for a while but then SURPRISE the enemy was holding back to see how strong Piccolo was, then Piccolo gets bodied then Goku shows up and defeats the enemy.

Rinse repeat.

Good role confirmed

-MD-

He'll do some new training, get strong, and run into the new villain first. He'll hold his own for a while but then SURPRISE the enemy was holding back to see how strong Piccolo was, then Piccolo gets bodied then Goku shows up and defeats the enemy.

Rinse repeat.

Good role confirmed

You stop it.

Crocodile

8R0pIzc.png

Better quality of the new logo.

I want some actual art and footage :(

Logo is cool though

He cried against Freeza, got bitch slapped by Cell, and was destroyed by a Buu who was dancing around most of the fight. No one has a worse record than Vegeta except for Yamucha. No one.

Dragon Ball Super first order of business is to even the playing field, and somehow have Kirllin, Piccolo and Tien gain a huge power-up.

Lets not get crazy, Vegeta was pretty great through the Namek arc. He's a jobber now but at least he did some cool shit in his prime and has some actual wins under his belt.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
also get another enemy that truly takes everything to defeat, i'm rewatching the original Vegeta fight and the Z Warriors had to use absolutely EVERYTHING they had to drive him away from Earth, something that never really happened with Cell (all the Z Warriors were still alive, and they had the Dragon Balls from both Namek and Earth to use), and Buu (if things really got ugly Vegeta and Goku could've just formed Gogeta and killed Evil Buu).

Lamel

Banned
Oh god I'm so ready; I can't believe we are about to get more DB!

What are the best estimates for when the first episode will hit?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god I'm so ready; I can't believe we are about to get more DB!

What are the best estimates for when the first episode will hit?

The week after Buu Kai ends, so first week of July I think?

Lets not get crazy, Vegeta was pretty great through the Namek arc. He's a jobber now but at least he did some cool shit in his prime and has some actual wins under his belt.

He made Beerus bleed without a God power-up and then there is how good he is in Resurrection F...
Dude is far from a jobber.

munchie64

A logo's something I guess.
Will it be the dub that airs then or the original in japanese audio?
Funimation haven't even announced the Kai Buu dub lol. Toei must be stopping it for now, cause Funi would jump at the chance to simuldub fricken Dragon Ball.

Tesseract

Banned
vegeta ain't no jobber in rof

it's made clear in the movie that if he can overcome his last flaw, he'll finally be at least equal to goku (rather than always being one step behind).

the movie is freaking great, one of the best.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I really am interested in how Toei's/Toriyama's gonna handle the gods of destruction from the other universes. There has to be some hierarchy of power otherwise shit would get boring after Goku defeats the first God.

I really am interested in how Toei's/Toriyama's gonna handle the gods of destruction from the other universes. There has to be some hierarchy of power otherwise shit would get boring after Goku defeats the first God.

There will certainly also end up being someone or a set of people who are god worthy, but for whatever reason didn't end up getting the title.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
There will certainly also end up being someone or a set of people who are god worthy, but for whatever reason didn't end up getting the title.

As well as freaks of nature like Frieza who can achieve godhood after a few months in the gym.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
also get another enemy that truly takes everything to defeat, i'm rewatching the original Vegeta fight and the Z Warriors had to use absolutely EVERYTHING they had to drive him away from Earth, something that never really happened with Cell (all the Z Warriors were still alive, and they had the Dragon Balls from both Namek and Earth to use), and Buu (if things really got ugly Vegeta and Goku could've just formed Gogeta and killed Evil Buu).

I am halfway rewatching into the king piccolo saga, when king piccolo killed krillin, master roshi, chiaotzu and shenron, yamcha still recovering from his leg, and injured goku heading to korin tower after almost getting
killed.

During that period when the idea of resurrecting the dead was sealed because shenron died and kami havent make his debut to revive shenron. Probably the grimmest period of the saga.

Crocodile

He made Beerus bleed without a God power-up and then there is how good he is in Resurrection F...
Dude is far from a jobber.

I haven't seen RoF yet so I can't comment on that. Regardless, I don't think that its unfair to say that overall, Vegeta's "effectiveness" as a fighter has decreased since the Namek arc even if he still gets his moments. We'll see how the new show plays out. I do hope it doesn't become the Goku show. Obviously I like Goku but it would be nice if other characters can get the spotlight - especially Piccolo. Other shonen pull it off, DBZ, the big cheese, should be able to as well. Aslo be nice if battles came down to more than just beam spams. They got a bit too samey after the Namek arc even if there are some standouts (Piccolo vs 17, Majin Vegeta vs. Goku come to mind). It will probably come down to how much the animation team wants/is able to actually choreograph these fights.

Moaradin

I want to see Krillin do something again. My favorite part of Dragon Ball was when Krillin was Goku's rival and equal. Didn't last very long but it was a fun period :X

I haven't seen RoF yet, but it seems Krillin cut his hair and is back fighting?

I want to see Krillin do something again. My favorite part of Dragon Ball was when Krillin was Goku's rival and equal. Didn't last very long but it was a fun period :X

I haven't seen RoF yet, but it seems Krillin cut his hair and is back fighting?

That lasted like 1 second. Goku was better the moment Krilliin came into the picture. Literally the first episode Krillin was in.

Moaradin

eh they were close enough during their training with master roshi and the first martial arts tournament. Gap only got bigger after that though.

All the canon till the end of Buu Saga and Battle of the Gods which is also canon, the top 4 strongest characters are:

Super Vagetto, Mystic Gohan, SSJ3 Gotenks, and lastly Super Saiyan God Goku.

I wonder if they'll just rely on Goku's SSJ God form or give Vageta SSJ3. I hope they don't use SSJ4 unless it's completely different and I hope they don't make Gohan become weak again.

vegeta ain't no jobber in rof

it's made clear in the movie that if he can overcome his last flaw, he'll finally be at least equal to goku (rather than always being one step behind).

the movie is freaking great, one of the best.

I haven't seen the last movie yet, but what is his last flaw? It's not pride, right?
Since gave it up with his reaction to Bulma getting hit.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
All the canon till the end of Buu Saga and Battle of the Gods which is also canon, the top 4 strongest characters are:

Super Vagetto, Mystic Gohan, SSJ3 Gotenks, and lastly Super Saiyan God Goku.

I wonder if they'll just rely on Goku's SSJ God form or give Vageta SSJ3. I hope they don't use SSJ4 unless it's completely different and I hope they don't make Gohan become weak again.

Super Saiyan God is way stronger than everything you listed.

Goku says that fusing with Vegeta wouldn't be enough to beat Beerus.

CryptiK

I'm going to dislike this series. I saw the title card for the intro
Gohan is full geek mode and has his shit GT hair.

Snaku

Banned
Super Saiyan God is way stronger than everything you listed.

Goku says that fusing with Vegeta wouldn't be enough to beat Beerus.

Yes, godly ki is on a whole nother level than what even Buu and Vegetto were at. That's why Goku was upset about it in BoG, because it's a power he'd never been able to attain on his own.

Astral Dog

I think Revival of F should had been part of the Super series, that way Frieza and the TPO could be a bit more fleshed out, such a waste to dispose of Frieza after a few minutes, a small introductory arc of 6 episodes, maybe.

Commercially, it makes sense though.

I'm going to dislike this series. I saw the title card for the intro
Gohan is full geek mode and has his shit GT hair.

Gohan is irrelevant now, we need new characters to keep this thing fresh.

deleted

So do we know anything about the story directions this will go?

I would love it to see Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo being invited to the 10th Inter-Universe Tournament - Winner earns a fight against the next higher up after Beerus without getting his planet destroyed.

CrazyDude

We all know that Vegeta and Goku will be the ones doing the most serious fighting while everyone else will be punching bags for the villains.

rrc1594

This is fan fiction, but I think it would be cool if some how Goku travels back in time to when planet Vegeta was not destroyed. Just to see all those saiyans lose their shit when they see how powerful he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom