• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

SwolBro

Banned
Good point. It'll be one of the things i juggle around to test.

I wish there was a version of the Elite with symmetrical sticks. The 360 pad felt great, but everything feels so far away on the Xbox One controller. Couldn't really get a feel for the Beta with it, especially with that vibration on.

I stopped playing the beta after 1 day because of the vibration, it was pointless. Also, gotta point out, COD ADS controls function completely different between the two games.

I play a lot of titanfall and so i know that quick ADS is huge and that's because hip fire has low accuracy. It's important to have that super fast aiming. It's the only way to hit anything.

this isn't the case in Halo. You don't lose hip fire accuracy, and most of the time (Unlike COD type games) you are mainly shooting from "hip" rather than scope

I stopped playing the beta after 1 day because of the vibration, it was pointless. Also, gotta point out, COD ADS controls function completely different between the two games.

I play a lot of titanfall and so i know that quick ADS is huge and that's because hip fire has low accuracy. It's important to have that super fast aiming. It's the only way to hit anything.

this isn't the case in Halo. You don't lose hip fire accuracy, and most of the time (Unlike COD type games) you are mainly shooting from "hip" rather than scope

i actually ripped the motors out of my controller so i could continue playing. i was ready to stop after a few games because i couldn't hit shit. dunno how I ever played with vibration on when the thing is trying to jump out of my hands.

in that case, i'll probably keep zoom on the stick and move grenade and melee back over to bumper jumper standard.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
@People who played in the beta

Which control scheme is the "best"? Subjective obviously and I may end up going with something I'm comfortable with like Halo 4's control scheme, but I'm curious what everyone is going with to maximize their dashes, ground-pounds and the like.

My biggest struggle is that I almost certainly want melee, dash and jump on the bumpers, and shoot, ADS and grenade on the triggers. But as you might have math'd, that's 3 options for 2 buttons in both cases, so I'm kind of feeling stuck scheme-wise.

WGFQk0B.jpg

Maybe I'll just be switching Grenade and Thruster, from the looks of it. I wish I could have ADS not taking up the classic throw grenade binding, but having to hit B to ground pound is going to be too awkward, and honestly clicking to zoom is just clunky. I probably won't be totally content with any control scheme until I get my hands on an Elite Controller so I can move throw grenade to a paddle.

One of the main reasons I hate Halo3 if the way they did the controls. I need Melee to be B and Reload to be X. I will most likely program my Elite controller to have Melee as B reload as X RB can be crotch for all I care. Sprint will stay on Left Thumb and I might play around with ADS as Right Thumb Stick. I will see how that works for me, might need to leave it as LT and make LB Grenades again. We will see how I adjust.

Grazzt

Yay, just picked up my Halo 5 bundle. What a beauty!
tVQl1uw.jpg

gRcKN3I.jpg

n6NfI1Z.jpg

And I can confirm Australian EB games gives a free copy of fallout 4 with this bundle.

The Fotus-Class Armor comes with the bundle is quite ugly...

Every pack has 2 permanent unlocks and can possibly have Mythic Legendary gear (the rarest of the rare in the game). This is everything from armor, helmets to emblems, assassinations and stances.

Gold packs can have Mythic Legendary stuff in them too though, it's not exclusive to the Warzone bundle.

Kssio_Aug

Yay, just picked up my Halo 5 bundle. What a beauty!
tVQl1uw.jpg

gRcKN3I.jpg

n6NfI1Z.jpg

And I can confirm Australian EB games gives a free copy of fallout 4 with this bundle.

The Fotus-Class Armor comes with the bundle is quite ugly...

Wow!! If I was living in NA, I'd probably change mine for that model! So beautiful!
Congratulations for you acquisition!

Ramirez

Hmm, does anyone know if the Recon control scheme changed from the beta? It was basically perfect for me, I don't want to hold melee (B) to do GPs. :|

You've been removed from my friends list...

ps. Bumper Jumper all the way :)

Bumper Jumper fo lyfe! I seriously cannot play Halo any other way now. Tried it as soon as I got Halo 4 when it launched on 360 and I could only think, why haven't I been playing Halo like this all along? I even played Destiny with it's controls as close to Bumper Jumper as possible.

Is it possible to install a game patch from a USB ?? I'm moving in a new flat today... I won't have any internet connection before the 25th :-(

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
My God, this thing is huge.
I know I said I wouldnt buy it due to the download only code, but I had to continue my Collectors Edition versions.

Question is, where can I fit it?

thanks for the pictures. that the part where the statues connect is not perfect would make me go NUTS. maybe it is the viewing angle..but it looks like the MC part does not fit together perfectly with the Locke part, something overlaps and it is not a perfect line.

KOHIPEET

I've searched but I couldn't find a proper big team TDM with vehicles, if anyone knows about a video showing such gameplay, please help me.

Grazzt

The multilayer update is 9gb and will be available from 22nd for digital pre orders/downloads.

Retail will auto download once disk in in the tray.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-20-halo-5s-9gb-day-one-update-adds-multiplayer

9gb is huge...Thank god I got the digital code.

Theres only one code that claims it contains everything, from the game to addon content.

No idea when to start putting this metal statue together...
That metal statue looks too complicated...I'll wait till my exams are over.

drotahorror

Kind of off topic but I just beat Halo CE for the first time. I thought it was pretty solid but I hated the last mission. I've always just blew off the Halo series, didn't think I was interested in it but seeing some Halo 5 footage got me a bit hyped. I booted up Halo 3 just to see the improvements from the first and it was pretty amazing. Wish I could beat Halo 2 with the quickness just to get to 3.

Trup1aya

Kind of off topic but I just beat Halo CE for the first time. I thought it was pretty solid but I hated the last mission. I've always just blew off the Halo series, didn't think I was interested in it but seeing some Halo 5 footage got me a bit hyped. I booted up Halo 3 just to see the improvements from the first and it was pretty amazing. Wish I could beat Halo 2 with the quickness just to get to 3.

The Maw mission in Halo: CE is 1,000,000 times better in co-op. It's a lot less fun w/o a gunner...

Still that mission is iconic, and I seems like every Halo since tries to recreate it in some way...

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man that console and packaging looks sexy as fuck.

What can possibly be 9gb wroth of updates just for the MP? someone tell me, please.

Why do people care whats in it. Its MP update, who cares if its half or all the MP features.

drotahorror

The Maw mission in Halo: CE is 1,000,000 times better in co-op. It's a lot less fun w/o a gunner...

Still that mission is iconic, and I seems like every Halo since tries to recreate it in some way...

My issues with that mission.

The 4 things you have to open and then throw grenades into. I did 2 of them and died and it reset me at a save as if I had only done 1. I kept having stupid things happen to me, and I had to restart at that save several times. I also was frustrated that I couldn't land the plasma grenades in the vents. I didn't see the armory as I just breezed right past it so I spent several minutes killing unlimited respawns of flood to get grenades.

That part was just tedious and annoying to me.

Then the 6min escape sequence.
The warthog seems nose heavy or something. You hit a ramp too fast and you nose dive and flip. I dunno I had issues navigating the warthog, i flipped it multiple times on my attempt where i beat the escape.

Then the part where it says there's a space you have to clear if you hit it full speed. So first try I'm going full speed, hit a ramp and fall waaaaay down. I thought that was the part so I kind of just crept up the hill and then i fell off a cliff.

I'm just an idiot I guess, I hated that part.

Top Bottom