• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

I avoid any mission where Flood have Rocket Launchers. The Library is an exception because the hallways tend to be wide enough to see it coming from a mile away, but everything after that.... ugh.

SwolBro

Banned
Man that console and packaging looks sexy as fuck.

Why do people care whats in it. Its MP update, who cares if its half or all the MP features.

Because bud, a few months ago when i was in the good ole U.S.A i didn't have a Data Cap, but unfortunately i'm not there right now and won't be for the next year at least. Now i have a data cap, and 9gigs is a lot when your cap is at 100 for the month!

Luckily, it's at the end of the month and i'll be able to squeeze it in there.

Madness

People going to a midnite launch for this instead of buying digital are morons....have fun waiting up until 4 AM to play!

Pretty sure the guy at EB Games said that we'll be getting our games at 9pm instead of midnight on the west coast. Who knows. Midnight launches were fun as hell before this new install stuff. Come home and start playing right away.

I don't know what makes me a moron necessarily for wanting to own my games with a tangible, physical disc. Granted digital seems appealing, but I like owning my games, taking them to others houses, even trading in or letting people borrow if they want. Though if Halo 5 is fun as hell, I might regret not going digital just for the ease.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Because bud, a few months ago when i was in the good ole U.S.A i didn't have a Data Cap, but unfortunately i'm not there right now and won't be for the next year at least. Now i have a data cap, and 9gigs is a lot when your cap is at 100 for the month!

Luckily, it's at the end of the month and i'll be able to squeeze it in there.

well MP (even coop campaign) wont work without the update. Thats all we are told.

Leyasu

Banned
I've got the digital deluxe edition. Am I right in thinking that it comes with an armour? If so, does anyone know which armour?

Wizman23

Banned
Pretty sure the guy at EB Games said that we'll be getting our games at 9pm instead of midnight on the west coast. Who knows. Midnight launches were fun as hell before this new install stuff. Come home and start playing right away.

I don't know what makes me a moron necessarily for wanting to own my games with a tangible, physical disc. Granted digital seems appealing, but I like owning my games, taking them to others houses, even trading in or letting people borrow if they want. Though if Halo 5 is fun as hell, I might regret not going digital just for the ease.

Morons was the wrong word to use my bad, however the excitement of a midnite launch is to race home and meet up with your buddies online who you were at the laucnh with or your xbox live friends no matter where they are located. Waiting for something to download just deflates the entire experience. 9 GB's doesn't sound like a lot but Halo launches are huge and those servers are going to be getting fucking hammered.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Yay, just picked up my Halo 5 bundle. What a beauty!
tVQl1uw.jpg

gRcKN3I.jpg

n6NfI1Z.jpg

And I can confirm Australian EB games gives a free copy of fallout 4 with this bundle.

The Fotus-Class Armor comes with the bundle is quite ugly...

I have never bought a special edition console because I have always had one already when the bundles come out......but this is making me think I need a second Xbox one....So sexy,

LordOfChaos

What can possibly be 9gb wroth of updates just for the MP? someone tell me, please.

There`s a line in one of the Halo 5 missions where you can hear a grunt say "So much downloading! So boring!" - I wonder if that's developer commentary on these fan reactions :p

Grazzt

I have never bought a special edition console because I have always had one already when the bundles come out......but this is making me think I need a second Xbox one....So sexy,

This is my second one. I'm gonna sell my plain black day one console to a friend. Or I can just trade in it at EB games and pay another $299 for a brand new elite console then sell it on ebay.

I've got the digital deluxe edition. Am I right in thinking that it comes with an armour? If so, does anyone know which armour?

I think digital deluxe only comes with a promotional REQ pack and a warzone RAQ pack, and fall of reach anime. I got the FOTUS armor from the bundle and Dountless visor from MC controller.

SwolBro

Banned
There`s a line in one of the Halo 5 missions where you can hear a grunt say "So much downloading! So boring!" - I wonder if that's developer commentary on these fan reactions :p

i'd respect 343 1000x more if all the grunts banter were game industry related. man that'd be hilarious

Akai__

If any Australians want to get rid of their digital Halo 5 code, since they get both physical and digital with that LE or whatever, please PM me. I'd be interested in buying it off of you.

Been hunting for skulls, and 343 has done their best to hide them. These things are tough.

However, I found a little Easter Egg in the level 'Glassed'. I'm not going to outright show you, I'll just say this: some vending machines dispense more than just candy.

Eric WK

Man, the wait is really getting to me.

Who do I have to lovingly caress for early access?

I have a montage from the EA skate. demo with over 4000 views on Youtube. Does that qualify me as a Youtuber?

Kssio_Aug

I'm playing Halo 4 on legendary, and am just wondering...
Will Watchers be supporting Halo 5 knights?? I really hope they don't!

Kalentan

Can you open the REQ packs from the controller and Last Light?

I redeemed them. I know I could open the one from joining a Spartan Company.

Sai

Can you open the REQ packs from the controller and Last Light?

I redeemed them. I know I could open the one from joining a Spartan Company.
Nah. Seems like those you get from redeeming codes on Live have to be opened in-game. Waypoint-specific REQ packs can be opened from the site.

Top Bottom