• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

It's not like there's *no* good armors. Some of 'em are a little goofy looking, and god knows the web app isn't doing the rest any favors, but there's some pretty solid stuff.

solis74

So I was just checking out Reddit and apparently someone called Xbox support and was told that retailers will be sending out pre-load codes for physical editions sometime this week... Never really heard of this happening before, Stinkles do you have any insight about this?

:O

Madness

it's no where close to where it could be. it's a horrible color, actually. i get the nostalgia for Red vs Blue but i'm tired of it. sorry.

I'm going to blow your mind with a single answer. Ever considered the fact you're in the minority in your opinion? Many like the high color saturation, the nostalgia of red vs blue which is a Halo institution at this point.

I mean you keep harping over and over about how Counterstrike has this, Call of Duty and Destiny has that, that's cool. Halo doesn't have that. Let's move on. I'd rather we get an even more intense red, even more shiny characters. Why? Because when I'm playing Halo multi-player, I'm not thinking, man this guy has a leather pouch on his knee or he's got so and so chest piece or his armor would look great in titanium. I want to see him, clearly, easily, and then try and 4 shot him with the BR in the head and move on.

The shoulder hole is even worse if you choose a female spartan. Because nothing says "power armor" like two sideboob windows.

What on earth are they thinking? Honestly, there is a reason that knowing when to put down the pencil is one of an artists greatest talents. I also just realized, getting rid of the "metal diaper" has just made the chest armor look more like some oversized metal bra, especially on that model.

Frank, I'm buying the Console bundle and was wondering if the game download code is separate from the other bonus material codes. I planned on buying another digital copy for another Xbox One anyhow, so if the codes are all separate with the console I could buy the preorder edition on my Xbox and use the bonus codes on my account when I get the console. Please tell me the things.

Honestly not sure but I am sure you will see some unboxings very shortly.

It should be. Every time there's ever been a bundle, each piece of separately sold content has its own unique code. For example, when I bought my Sunset bundle, the game was a separate code, and the pre-order weapons and console stuff was separate codes.

So I'm assuming you'll get the game card with the code for the game and another card that has codes for Fall of Reach or the other stuff. I don't think it'll unlock like 6 things with one code.

Got my console today, code for the game is a single code with all of the CE content within a single code. The only separate code is for FOTUS armor. Just an FYI if anyone was curious.

Flipyap

please tell me that's glitched and not an actual armor piece.
Nope, that's the female version of the common Athlon armor.

Most (all?) armors' butt plate gender variants are also, let's say, not exactly made equal.

wrnpWZj.png
bB7wMHc.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this is what i despise. this shit right here.

5733ce4df8800240c12793d966e9857c.png

colored fingers, honeycomb undersuit, and that awkward connection from the chest into the codpiece. there's way too much color and detail on the suits in superfluos areas and not enough black contrast. we're not the green goblin; stop.
I don't know what you are talking about but kudos to the red circles from mspaint. This thread is going places!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Nope, that's the female version of the common Athlon armor.

Most (all?) armors' butt plate gender variants are also, let's say, not exactly made equal.

Female Spartans show more ass.

Colour me shocked. Game industry artists typically paint with their boners anyway, I'm disappointed that it seems 343 is keeping with the trends.

Not as bad the tits out MGS5 example though, but still.

SwolBro

Banned
I'm going to blow your mind with a single answer. Ever considered the fact you're in the minority in your opinion? Many like the high color saturation, the nostalgia of red vs blue which is a Halo institution at this point.

I mean you keep harping over and over about how Counterstrike has this, Call of Duty and Destiny has that, that's cool. Halo doesn't have that. Let's move on. I'd rather we get an even more intense red, even more shiny characters. Why? Because when I'm playing Halo multi-player, I'm not thinking, man this guy has a leather pouch on his knee or he's got so and so chest piece or his armor would look great in titanium. I want to see him, clearly, easily, and then try and 4 shot him with the BR in the head and move on.

Minority amongst Halo "fans" ? possibly, but i'm pretty sure my complaints align with the wider gamer base. I just want to point out again that i don't really care about looks in general, or crazy amounts of customization. My favorite shooter so far this gen has been Titanfall, hence the forum pic and that has 0 customization. Problem with Halo's MP character designs are that it doesn't really fit in with the world. It completely pulls you out. It's an odd design choice.

Danny 117

So I was just checking out Reddit and apparently someone called Xbox support and was told that retailers will be sending out pre-load codes for physical editions sometime this week... Never really heard of this happening before, Stinkles do you have any insight about this?

Flipyap

Colour me shocked. Game industry artists typically paint with their boners anyway, I'm disappointed that it seems 343 is keeping with the trends.

Oh, I'm definitely not surprised, but it all adds up to making me not want to use a female Spartan this time.
Reach's female Spartans also had massive butts, but at least their chest armor stayed the right size. Female variants in 5 are all significantly smaller and wimpy-looking by comparison.

Bessy67

Highly unlikely. What would stop people from using the code then cancelling their order at the store?

So are we gonna be able to pre download this today? My digital copy is pinned to home but it simply states I'm too early. Are we waiting on that 9gig patch?

Isocr4cy

Highly unlikely. What would stop people from using the code then cancelling their order at the store?

If they were to give out codes for this I'm sure they could make it so that it still requires the disc to launch like every other physical game once installed.

Either way I doubt something like this would happen but it would be pretty awesome.

Ramirez

So are we gonna be able to pre download this today? My digital copy is pinned to home but it simply states I'm too early. Are we waiting on that 9gig patch?

9 gig patch is the 22nd, the rest of the game should already be preloaded, check the file size under manage game.

16BitNova

Seriously? I think some of you guys are over exaggerating. It's a slight change in armor. Nothing sexual about it. If you get turned on by this or thing its sexual in some way... well then you have quite the imagination.

Why does it have to be sexual? Why can't we just have nice butts? And furthermore, nice looking Spartans. Haven't cared about my Spartan since Reach let me change 'er up down to her voice. Where'd that go?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Seriously? I think some of you guys are over exaggerating. It's a slight change in armor. Nothing sexual about it. If you get turned on by this or thing its sexual in some way... well then you have quite the imagination.

It's a minor thing but it's still a thing. Nothing big.

If you think a few throwaway sentences on here constitutes seething rage and pointing out a tiny example of clear needless sexualisation equals lusting over digital anatomy, then have at it.

Flipyap

Why does it have to be sexual? Why can't we just have nice butts? And furthermore, nice looking Spartans. Haven't cared about my Spartan since Reach let me change 'er up down to her voice. Where'd that go?
Why can't men have nice butts, that's what I'd like to know (Stupid Sexy Spartans).
Custom voices died with Firefight.

Wizman23

Banned
9 gig patch is the 22nd, the rest of the game should already be preloaded, check the file size under manage game.

With the shitfest of the new xbox one experience I'm not taking any chances and am just going to wait till the 23rd when I know the entire file is there to download

wrongway

Took the plunge and got myself an Xbone. Starting through the MCC now. It's impressive to me how memorable the original Halo is. I don't know how many years it's been since I played this... maybe not since the PC version. But it's all so recognizable. Every turn is met with, "oh I remember this!" It really sits up there with Half-Life as one of those genre-redefining shooters. So neat to be playing it again.

I wonder if I can actually blast through all these in a week. D:

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Took the plunge and got myself an Xbone. Starting through the MCC now. It's impressive to me how memorable the original Halo is. I don't know how many years it's been since I played this... maybe not since the PC version. But it's all so recognizable. Every turn is met with, "oh I remember this!" It really sits up there with Half-Life as one of those genre-redefining shooters. So neat to be playing it again.

I wonder if I can actually blast through all these in a week. D:

Cheers-Congrats-Congratulations-Gatsby-Leonardo-Di-Caprio-GIF.gif

Top Bottom