• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Atkison04

I don't know where the 500 dollar figure comes from. XB1 has been significantly less than 500 for quite a while. 500gb is 350 new and that doesn't include bundles.

$500 was for the xbone halo 5 edition that just came out. I was browsing on amazon earlier just checking out the options.

Pat

One of my friends is a game reviewer and told me he's willing to lend his copy to me over the weekend. Pretty sure I'll not get banned from Xbox Live for that, but I was wondering if I'll be able to play multiplayer? Are servers still up for reviews and medias? If they're closed at the moment, do they reopen monday at 12PM?

pieface

In FPS games I've always wanted to be able to assign my party members a separate colour each so I can tell who is who on the radar / minimap. I can't remember what the radar is like in H5 but would a feature like that work?

Grisby

Has 343 commented on what they are doing with Halo 5 to avoid the problems we had with MCC?
Well, they had a public beta. Halo 4 went alright if I remember correctly, but there might have been a few hiccups on launch day.

I don't think there's been any official press release, you just have to take in the meaning of everything that they've released so far.

Well, they had a public beta. Halo 4 went alright if I remember correctly, but there might have been a few hiccups on launch day.

I don't think there's been any official press release, you just have to take in the meaning of everything that they've released so far.

Ok gotcha thanks. At this point, we've seen the DF analysis so we know what we are getting in terms of resolution, framerate, and gameplay. What we don't know is how good or bad the netcode and matchmaking will be. And I don't think we can know until the game releases.

Eric WK

Ok gotcha thanks. At this point, we've seen the DF analysis so we know what we are getting in terms of resolution, framerate, and gameplay. What we don't know is how good or bad the netcode and matchmaking will be. And I don't think we can know until the game releases.

When multiplayer opens tomorrow we'll get a decent idea. The only thing we won't know until launch is how the servers handle the launch load.

this is random but i fucking knew it.

the opening Osiris cutscene in the game no longer features the random zoom when Vale goes in the phantom. so it was either done intentionally when the trailer was first released as a "soft censor", or somebody got a lesson in cinematography between then and now.

that would have annoyed me if they kept it like that. anyway...

edit: yea it was done intentionally. they removed some lens flares/sun glare too when the guns were clearly pointing at the alien faces.

Anfony O

Guys any idea when the reviews are up? By the ways for all those good halo players who haven't played it for a while I suggest you play some MCC to get that thumb warmed up. Haven't played for a year and I started with my aim all over the place !

Guys any idea when the reviews are up? By the ways for all those good halo players who haven't played it for a while I suggest you play some MCC to get that thumb warmed up. Haven't played for a year and I started with my aim all over the place !

26th 12pm (BST?)

Watched a Gamespot video where they talked a frustrating extended Mantis sequence.
The mantis sucked in 4, it probably sucks here too.

Noooo.

Watched a Gamespot video where they talked a frustrating extended Mantis sequence.
The mantis sucked in 4, it probably sucks here too.

Noooo.

Dunno about frustrating, it took me a while on Legendary but I managed to get through it on foot on Heroic, so it can't be that bad.

Kssio_Aug

tumblr_nwkuvgZZlU1ujf6udo1_1280.png
OMFG! I laughed so fucking hard at the end of that!! lol

16BitNova

I'm extremely hyped with only 6 days left. But, I will say this. I kinda wish I hadn't watched the trailers. I have not watched any playthroughs or extended gameplay and such. Just trailers. And even with that I feel I have seen so many of the environments/levels already.
1. Osiris level from E3. Rainy and Dark Sanghelios.
2. Osiris Desert Sanghelios level from trailers.
3. Osiris snow level from trailers.
4. Blue team space station looking mission.
5. Blue team mission on earth type environment planet.

That's like almost half the game.
And 2 out of 3 Blue team missions.
I think I need to stop watching trailers for games now. I like to be surprised and in awe when first entering an environment. Not, "oh its that level from the trailer".

Id spoiler tag that last bit, lots of people in this thread that dont know about that yet.

Shouldn't people know about this though? I mean even if it spoils the amount of content the whole blue team thing is one of the main selling points and I know I would want to know how much of that is actually in the game.

Shouldn't people know about this though? I mean even if it spoils the amount of content the whole blue team thing is one of the main selling points and I know I would want to know how much of that is actually in the game.

I dont presume what other people do or do not want to know. I have seen people go nuts over a gif of a background scenery image as a spoiler.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
One of my friends is a game reviewer and told me he's willing to lend his copy to me over the weekend. Pretty sure I'll not get banned from Xbox Live for that, but I was wondering if I'll be able to play multiplayer? Are servers still up for reviews and medias? If they're closed at the moment, do they reopen monday at 12PM?

Cough.

Top Bottom