• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Madness

When do multi-player impressions come up? Can someone who has the game and is playing tell me the emblem situation? I mean can we really no longer customize them like we used to?

How do i know if i have the right version preloaded? I got a message on xbox yesterday saying to do: left trigger + right trigger + view button and to make sure its version 0.0.3 and not 0.0.2 but it doesnt say either....

I'll be streaming with Mixmisterchief and Blue Ninja tonight as soon as the patch is live. We'll diving into multiplayer, and co-op campaign. :)

Live streaming on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2t2Eunam9Dw-RAsrpplfOA - via this channel. Will be a 60 FPS stream too, so nice and delicious. :)

Add me guys (GT: AllGoodInMyHood) and let's enjoy it together. Should be back home around 8am West Coast time (PDT?). Gotta finish writing campaign review first tho :E

Cheers

arhra

How do i know if i have the right version preloaded? I got a message on xbox yesterday saying to do: left trigger + right trigger + view button and to make sure its version 0.0.3 and not 0.0.2 but it doesnt say either....

Games and Apps -> menu button on the H5 preload -> Manage Game.

If it's 40-odd gigs, you're good.

Ramirez

Between this and the initial kicking out of a ton of members, it's easy to see why HaloGAF had its thread taken away.

Pretty sure those are from completely random people not associated with this site. "Easy to see", lol.

I wonder if the population is even going to be high enough for reviewers to play MP all day on a stream?

Pretty sure those are from completely random people not associated with this site. "Easy to see", lol.

I wonder if the population is even going to be high enough for reviewers to play MP all day on a stream?

Typically it is customs and dedicated online sessions (i.e ask everyone to be online within a specific time period).

Doubtful - we have been given set time frames on when to jump on to maximise population and real world network conditions. First one of those is on Friday though.

Any footage out there of campaign co-op in the first 3 missions?

Was watching RULs legendary stream, and there seems to be tons of great co-op opportunities in the level design.

Games and Apps -> menu button on the H5 preload -> Manage Game.

If it's 40-odd gigs, you're good.

Yup, if it says 46.1GB then you're good. If it is 40GB (or less) then you have the placeholder and will need to uninstall and reinstall.

To those of the press having a burl at multiplayer later, could you please get some footage of Warzone: Raid? There are supposed to be 3 unique maps for the raid mode, though presently only one map with barely 10 seconds of footage in total - spliced into sizzle-reels - has been shown (that city one). Would really like to see a more detailed look at the map, the remaining two, and the mode itself.

To those of the press having a burl at multiplayer later, could you please get some footage of Warzone: Raid? There are supposed to be 3 unique maps for the raid mode, though presently only one map with barely 10 seconds of footage in total - spliced into sizzle-reels - has been shown (that city one). Would really like to see a more detailed look at the map, the remaining two, and the mode itself.

Warzone is entirely dependent on matchmaking. Not available in customs, so depends if there is enough population to start a game. We can but try, but I'm guessing Friday is a better bet.

Random17

So err.. Theres a countdown site for Halo 5... Yeah...

http://endartstudios.com/countdown/

Where has this hand thing come from? I keep seeing it xD

It's from reddit, someone posted a picture of Frankie doing the victory hand gesture, saying "Two weeks till Halo 5."

Then they photoshopped to "One week to Halo 5", leaving only his middle finger.

Then they photoshopped it to "Six days to Halo 5", showing 6 fingers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Looking forward to watching some Multiplayer tonight. Hoping to buy the game next week but not sure if I will be able to jump in right away.

Top Bottom