• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Anyone know if Giant Bomb, ReadyUpLive, etc. will be doing livestreams of the content in the 9GB multiplayer patch when it goes live in 40 minutes?

Theorry

Rob Semsey
‏@RobSemsey
Prepare for another wave of Halo 5 videos, streaming, etc. starting today – this time all multiplayer: Co-op Campaign, Arena, and Warzone.

So, I just put my console into instant on mode, turned it off, came back 5 minutes later and turned it on and its updating.

Try a hard reset if that doesnt work, but the patch is live for everyone.

Akai__

Ah, so its linked to the gamertag / console ID as opposed to just having it installed?

Weird, I havent seen it mention anywhere its just for press and only that its coming out today.

I don't think that's the case. It's more like how the updates function on the Xbox One.

It just takes a while, until your console deetcts an update and since you can't start the game yet, there is no auto prompt. People with retail copies are most likely able to download the patch, because that has been the case with any retail game that had a day 1 patch.

GravyButt

So, I just put my console into instant on mode, turned it off, came back 5 minutes later and turned it on and its updating.

Try a hard reset if that doesnt work, but the patch is live for everyone.

Alright ill try it again when I get back home in a few see if itll work this time. Thanks. Maybe not resetting caused it.

Top Bottom