• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Color swap on Locke and Chief. Locke actually looks good while Chief...

z0f5Ndj.jpg

Took the plunge and got myself an Xbone. Starting through the MCC now. It's impressive to me how memorable the original Halo is. I don't know how many years it's been since I played this... maybe not since the PC version. But it's all so recognizable. Every turn is met with, "oh I remember this!" It really sits up there with Half-Life as one of those genre-redefining shooters. So neat to be playing it again.

I wonder if I can actually blast through all these in a week. D:

I managed to get through them all last weekend. Halo 2 is just incredible. I never played the campaign when it released, just the mp with my bro. And the cutscenes elevated it even further. What I found weird was the jump from halo 2 to 3 graphically. As it felt like the graphics of halo 2 Anniversary were actually better than 3. Which made it a little weird. But other than that I loved it. Got me so hyped for 5.

I managed to get through them all last weekend. Halo 2 is just incredible. I never played the campaign when it released, just the mp with my bro. And the cutscenes elevated it even further. What I found weird was the jump from halo 2 to 3 graphically. As it felt like the graphics of halo 2 Anniversary were actually better than 3. Which made it a little weird. But other than that I loved it. Got me so hyped for 5.

Halo 2 Anniversary graphics are much better than halo 3. All Halo 3 received was the resolution and frame rate boost.

jbug617

Banned
http://majornelson.com/2015/10/20/halo-5-guardians-images-being-added-to-xbox-one-gamerpic-gallery/
Just in time for the release of Halo 5: Guardians next week, we are adding a collection of Halo-themed images to the Xbox One gamerpic gallery including The Master Chief and Spartan Locke. These new images are starting to roll out over the coming days but may take some time to appear in all Xbox Live regions. To change your gamerpic, go to Settings, About Me, Customize profile, Change gamerpic (this may vary if you’re a Preview Program member with the New Xbox One Experience).

Some samples.
CRz0It0VAAAWkY7.png

CRz0JMrUkAEJLiK.png

CRz0L4TUEAALML8.png

ryan299

I'm playing CE on legendary now and I really despise it on legendary lol. Also the game is still super busy. Constant crashes and frame dips playing the campaign.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh my, the new avatars are glorious. Too bad I can't use them, I have to use the same avatar across most of my accounts.

Kalentan

Just one last clarification. If the day one patch is for MP... Can I begin playing the SP as soon as the game installs from the disc?

Madness

Finally, ffs. I bought the Halo 3 gamerpic pack in 06/07 and used that until last year when I had to change it to whatever Xbox One had. There was just nothing good there. I had a sweet Viking one that was bleeding and had lightning near the eyes and they changed it to some cartoon Viking recently. All the gamerpics are so weird and odd. Give me some Halo, Gears, anything instead of some goofy Pixar looking aliens or weird shapes and friends.

Finally, ffs. I bought the Halo 3 gamerpic pack in 06/07 and used that until last year when I had to change it to whatever Xbox One had. There was just nothing good there. I had a sweet Viking one that was bleeding and had lightning near the eyes and they changed it to some cartoon Viking recently. All the gamerpics are so weird and odd. Give me some Halo, Gears, anything instead of some goofy Pixar looking aliens or weird shapes and friends.

My gamertag pic is still the bungie day Marty odonnel pic from way back when with his mullet. It's super small compared to regular pics but I can't change it.

Anfony O

Guys excuse me if this is a noob question but i'm currently downloading halo 5 via the code i got with the console. We are not allowed to access it before the 27th is that correct?

Anfony O

Thanks man!

By the ways this damn console is amazing. Although i'm team chief all the way I have to say i'm defnitely team locke when it comes to this controller

Don't know what to pick up :/ The Halo 5 console or the Elite console. I would love to try the new controller but damn that Halo 5 console looks sexy.

Madness

Don't know what to pick up :/ The Halo 5 console or the Elite console. I would love to try the new controller but damn that Halo 5 console looks sexy.

With the Elite console you'll still have to buy the game. But you do get a sshd 1tb drive that is faster than the stock 1tb hdd and the $150 Elite controller.

But with the Halo console, you get the Locke controller (new rb/lb, headphone jack), the limited edition version of Halo 5, still 1tb hdd etc.

Tbh, the elite console is just a basic black console with a slightly faster hard drive. All you're really buying is the controller, which you could always get another time no? Up to you though and your finances.

SwolBro

Banned
With the Elite console you'll still have to buy the game. But you do get a sshd 1tb drive that is faster than the stock 1tb hdd and the $150 Elite controller.

But with the Halo console, you get the Locke controller (new rb/lb, headphone jack), the limited edition version of Halo 5, still 1tb hdd etc.

Tbh, the elite console is just a basic black console with a slightly faster hard drive. All you're really buying is the controller, which you could always get another time no? Up to you though and your finances.

you're forgetting that the elite console has a better SSD doesn't it?

Madness

you're forgetting that the elite console has a better SSD doesn't it?

I mentioned it twice in the post. It's not an SSD drive but it's a 1tb SSHD hybrid drive that is faster, yes. But when it comes to gaming performance, games will be too large to store on the SSD portion so it will probably be limited to just OS options. Meaning yes your apps and games will open faster, the UI will be faster etc. But Major Nelson said it's about 20% faster at those tasks.

The real draw is the Elite Controller which retails for $150 by itself. But the Locke controller is also a limited edition version, and the Halo 5 game is the $100 version, not the standard $60. It all depends on how much money you have.

For me, the color scheme, sounds of the Halo console are a bigger draw than the faster hybrid drive. The elite controller is obviously much better than the Locke controller, and you'd still have to buy the game with the elite console.

SwolBro

Banned
I mentioned it twice in the post. It's not an SSD drive but it's a 1tb SSHD hybrid drive that is faster, yes. But when it comes to gaming performance, games will be too large to store on the SSD portion so it will probably be limited to just OS options. Meaning yes your apps and games will open faster, the UI will be faster etc. But Major Nelson said it's about 20% faster at those tasks.

The real draw is the Elite Controller which retails for $150 by itself. But the Locke controller is also a limited edition version, and the Halo 5 game is the $100 version, not the standard $60. It all depends on how much money you have.

For me, the color scheme, sounds of the Halo console are a bigger draw than the faster hybrid drive. The elite controller is obviously much better than the Locke controller, and you'd still have to buy the game with the elite console.
i can't look up the prices for each bundle right now... what would be the cheaper route getting the elite bundle and then just buying halo or halo bundle and the elite remote?

i'd go elite bundle regardless. halo 5 has a lot of buttons that need to be used, the elite remote is just too beneficial right now.

i can't look up the prices for each bundle right now... what would be the cheaper route getting the elite bundle and then just buying halo or halo bundle and the elite remote?

i'd go elite bundle regardless. halo 5 has a lot of buttons that need to be used, the elite remote is just too beneficial right now.

You call your controllers "remotes"? :/

I want to get a second console for the lounge (big 60" screen) but just can't justify the cost right now.

Don't be silly. After the looks wear off you'll be wishing for the elite.

I ordered the Elite console. I know myself....I would buy an Elite controller otherwise anyway and it's 150 euro's over here ( Netherlands ). At Gamemania the Elite console is 449, so that means 300 for the new and slighty faster 1TB console.

Glass

Hnnng seeing the spoiler thread riding high on the first page while I'm just here patiently waiting for some new coverage.

Im just too hyped now..Ive been listening to Halo soundtracks all morning..I completely forgot how beautiful "Winter contingency" is on Reach's OST. 6 more days ahhhhhh!!!!

Top Bottom