• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Atkison04

So, I had an xbox 1 back at launch and sold it shortly after I finished up titanfall. Just been rolling with the ps4 and destiny for the past year really. Halo has always been my go to game though. Halo made me jump ship from Nintendo to Microsoft back in the GameCube and original xbox days. Feels weird missing out on a halo launch.

I can't justify throwing down $500+ on a new xbox 1 just for halo. Has anyone found any good deals or promos that could tip the scale for me? The cheapest I've found is like $350, not including halo or live. I do feel the temptation growing, and I'm not sure how I'll feel if halo gets some stellar reviews.

So, I had an xbox 1 back at launch and sold it shortly after I finished up titanfall. Just been rolling with the ps4 and destiny for the past year really. Halo has always been my go to game though. Halo made me jump ship from Nintendo to Microsoft back in the GameCube and original xbox days. Feels weird missing out on a halo launch.

I can't justify throwing down $500+ on a new xbox 1 just for halo. Has anyone found any good deals or promos that could tip the scale for me? The cheapest I've found is like $350, not including halo or live. I do feel the temptation growing, and I'm not sure how I'll feel if halo gets some stellar reviews.

Fairly sure you can get an 500GB one for like $299 coming Black Friday. Some retailers probably will also do an unofficial bundle with a normal console and Halo 5.

Atkison04

Fairly sure you can get an 500GB one for like $299 coming Black Friday. Some retailers probably will also do an unofficial bundle with a normal console and Halo 5.

Good call. I forgot about black Friday coming up in a little more than a month. That would give some time for the halo hype to die down and see what people really think. Thanks waffles.

Trup1aya

Just had a brief look at the playthroughs and honestly i don't understand the hype, it looks like destiny

Well, the shooting mechanics are just as sublime as destiny's (more so if you ask me)

But, unlike destiny, it actually has a Story. And a level design that encourages experimentation, which will encourage replays out of curiosity instead of necessity for progression. It also has a balanced PvP mode. Those differences alone make this much more appealling than Destiny, IMO.

Ein Bear

Very tempted to buy that Master Chief controller...

Could someone explain to me what people mean when they say it has the 'new bumpers' on it? How have they changed them from the launch controllers?

Very tempted to buy that Master Chief controller...

Could someone explain to me what people mean when they say it has the 'new bumpers' on it? How have they changed them from the launch controllers?

less resistance and you can push it down easily from anywhere on the bumper, not just the edge.

Fuchsdh

I am enjoying these videos, though I wonder who first pitched this idea. 'Now, just bear with me...'

I mean, who the hell in their right mind would have approved 90% of the ads GEICO puts out these days? Sometimes you get clients with the ability to actually use their imagination, rare though it may be.

They're enjoyable little things that are pretty perfect for Twitter, so good on them.

I think RuL made seperate videos on each mission apart from those taken from his live stream.

I believe these videos don't have commmentary but maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: https://youtu.be/WWhh6TdK0XM

Here ya go

post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif

I don't know where the 500 dollar figure comes from. XB1 has been significantly less than 500 for quite a while. 500gb is 350 new and that doesn't include bundles.

ThankeeSai

Noy yet, but they sent me MGSV 5 days early so here's hoping I get an email before the weekend.

Yep, remember Gaf folk getting MGSV on the Thursday. I ordered mine on the Thursday and got it Friday.

Hopefully then, we'll be getting Halo 5 by Friday or Saturday.

Top Bottom