• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

GravyButt

Hmm showed it as updating (seemed awfully fast for 9gbs but eh) but under manage games it still shows it as 46.2 gb. Is that normal or should it be showing the increase in size with the patch. Never noticed before if games showed an increase in the game size, or just on the overall hdd space left (which I never actually looked at prior d'oh!)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
BTW, there are VERY few pee playing right now, it will increase throughout the day and into the weekend. So you'll see some long waits.

Euron

BTW, there are VERY few pee playing right now, it will increase throughout the day and into the weekend. So you'll see some long waits.
Well at least we can be certain that the multiplayer isn't utter shit.

Though it is disappointing to hear that the servers will be piss at launch

Wvrs

SimplyGames despatched my copy, will probably get here tomorrow but I'm away until Sunday in the city next over.

Just my luck.

pieface

I don't think they will ban you for playing a game you bought. Jesus christ, that would be a bit of a PR disaster wouldn't it? It's not your fault a retailer shipped it to you early ;)

LordDarkhaven

Neo Member
call xbox and ask them if you can play it or use their online help desk, and take a screen shot if you do. If they say go ahead then play the hell out of it.

Tweeted @XboxSupport and they replied back

6th point:
• Don't play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service

You'll be fine playing the campaign. Just make sure you're offline when playing it. Just don't touch multiplayer until the 27th.

Is there any way to get rid of the esports chatter people? Stuff like 'spotted the enemy flag carrier' 'enemy sword stay back'! Etc. Its just annoying. I just want to hear the badass Halo announcer guy, not constant talking from these bozos

Is there any way to get rid of the esports chatter people? Stuff like 'spotted the enemy flag carrier' 'enemy sword stay back'! Etc. I just want to hear the badass' Halo announcer guy every once in a while, not constant talking from these bozos

Yup. You can select full chatter, basic chatter, and no chatter.

I would give it a shot at basic chatter though, especially when you're rolling solo. It was surprisingly helpful in the beta.

Is there any way to get rid of the esports chatter people? Stuff like 'spotted the enemy flag carrier' 'enemy sword stay back'! Etc. Its just annoying. I just want to hear the badass' Halo announcer guy every once in a while, not constant talking from these bozos

AFAIK, there should be an option for it. I think I remember one from the beta.

Kibbles

I'm getting my copy tomorrowwww. Got work the next morning and the day after so I won't get a whole lot of time since I probably won't get to play until after work tomorrow but hells yeah.

Kibbles

Yeah and theres even people here saying you'll get banned for playing before release >.<
Umm 343 what's this about? I can understand with last generation there were people who could play illegal backups but as far as I know that's not possible on Xbox One so????

I think I'm attracted to Halsey. She got the death rape eyes.

aIg6cEU.gif

mchiodo1

Neo Member
how can you tell whether the patch installed or not? i have my xbox set to instant on and i clicked on halo 5 checked manage game and it still says 46gb should it be at 55 if the patch installed correctly?

EDIT: Nevermind im all good

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
how can you tell whether the patch installed or not? i have my xbox set to instant on and i clicked on halo 5 checked manage game and it still says 46gb should it be at 55 if the patch installed correctly?

EDIT: Nevermind im all good

Installed game size should be 55.1 GB after the MP patch. 46.2 before it. I can't get mine to update, for whatever reason.

Can anyone confirm, my game updated but its still showing as 46GB.
Is this correct?
It even has the little white and blue triangle corner to show its updated, and when I resumed from instant on earlier it was on 86%.

But under manage game its on 46.2 GB.

Little bit worried.

Top Bottom