• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Bread

Banned
On the east coast we have a very lax vocabulary. I could see how some of my words could come off wrong looking at it from a strangers perspective. I'm not sorry for what I said, but I am sorry if I offended some of halogaf. My chances of getting into the clan is gone. #teamalone😢
no we don't

Bread

Banned
On the west coast we have LAX in our vocabulary.

492.gif

cackhyena

I think less than 5 Hours on Normal and not really looking for Skulls and Intel which there is a lot of.

I'm about to try it out on Legendary now.

I plan on heroic anyway, but honestly, knowing a couple more hours at most is tacked on with a notch up? That's perfect for me. I don't want a 10+ hour campaign. Just make the encounters fun and memorable.

Lingitiz

I think less than 5 Hours on Normal and not really looking for Skulls and Intel which there is a lot of.

On normal that doesn't sound that bad. 7 on heroic sounds about right. There may be more content here but playtimes will likely come in shorter because of the revive mechanic. Halo for a long time has been artificially lengthened by the wonky checkpoint system.

It's one of the most horrible and embarrassing major airports on earth yet it still shits on jfk, Newark and la guardia. Those are a national affront.

Hey,ewr is my home. Jfk sucks ass, although I did see dinklebot there and have video of him back from 07. Best airport is denver. Get to smoke butts at the bar. I miss the days when you could smoke on planes. 95 ewr to poland was the best flight ever. Everyone came out smelling like an ashtray. #lockbasi

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hey,ewr is my home. Jfk sucks ass, although I did see dinklebot there and have video of him back from 07. Best airport is denver. Get to smoke butts at the bar. I miss the days when you could smoke on planes. 95 ewr to poland was the best flight ever. Everyone came out smelling like an ashtray. #lockbasi

My wife is from Westfield NJ and flying to EWR at xmas was an annual torture. Security and restaurants were like a running contest to see who could be the most rude/disinterested asshole.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

that's completely legitimate but honestly about the least interesting way to play. It's for babbies and busy skymall executives.

Trup1aya

That's not alarming at all... Anyone who's halfway decent at shooters could can run through halo campaigns on normal.

nath999

that's completely legitimate but honestly about the least interesting way to play. It's for babbies and busy skymall executives.

I always do that when a Halo game comes out so I can enjoy the story. Then hit up Legendary after. The story wasn't good though so I wish I actually played this on Legendary right away.

Vire

My wife is from Westfield NJ and flying to EWR at xmas was an annual torture. Security and restaurants were like a running contest to see who could be the most rude/disinterested asshole.

Come to South Beach here in Florida, you still have the rude assholes (they all came from NJ), but better restaurants, airports and beaches. :)

Yeah but her accent sounds like an asthmatic ghoul shrieking from the wet bottom of a charnel house.
She must be Italian then. They tend to have that talk. Next time you're in jersey hit me up(you won't and it's very creepy I asked) I'll take you for some hikes in boonton. See rocks and the city.

Vire

Are you retired?

Haha no, I wish. I'm only 25, but I do love South Florida. I don't love the area I grew up in (Boca Raton, bunch of cranky north eastern people ), but the surrounding area of Delray, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are great and are filled with tons of amazing diverse culture. Miami's art scene is also fantastic and every year I try and go to the Art Basel festival. Living around five minutes from the beach is amazing, I could bring my phone and talk shit on GAF while listening to the soothing sounds of the ocean.

Haha no, I wish. I'm only 25, but I do love South Florida. I don't love the area I grew up in (Boca Raton, bunch of cranky north eastern people ), but the surrounding area of Delray, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are great and are filled with tons of amazing diverse culture. Miami's art scene is also fantastic and every year I try and go to the Art Basel festival. Living around five minutes from the beach is amazing, I could bring my phone and talk shit on GAF while listening to the soothing sounds of the ocean.

I was playing with you. Which coast is better? Gulf or Atlantic? I want warm ass water when I go there in a couple of months.

Vire

I was playing with you. Which coast is better? Gulf or Atlantic? I want warm ass water when I go there in a couple of months.

The Gulf coast is going to have warmer water by a few degrees, but the Atantic beaches are much prettier in my opinion and there's more to do in the surrounding area typically.

Stinkles do I have to worry about playing with my connection enabled?

From what ive heard, you need to be a on a whitelist to be able to play online :/

You can still play Campaign offline, thats it.

I will get my copy on saturday and would like to play at least coop. Me and my friends planned that for Saturday.

DrBo42

From what ive heard, you need to be a on a whitelist to be able to play online :/

I will get my copy on saturday and would like to play at least coop. Me and my friends planned that for Saturday.

Hmm I just want to get the patches and play campaign.

El_Chino

How is Best Buy handling the release of Halo 5? On their website they say they're opening on the equivalent of 12 am EST but I'm central time and my best buy told me they're opening at midnight local time.

The Gulf coast is going to have warmer water by a few degrees, but the Atantic beaches are much prettier in my opinion and there's more to do in the surrounding area typically.
I've been to Tampa,Orlando area. What's a hot spot for a grown ass 30 yr old who's about to get hitched?

Madness

Stinkles do I have to worry about playing with my connection enabled?

They just had to write Xbox One Exclusive at the top. Guaranteed my copy will have some French shit like Exclusive sur Xbox One ruining the cover on top.

Also, the guy who said he could probably get me my copy by breaking street date waffled. Said they're really cracking down on it now, could get sued blah blah.

Ryde3

Hey Everyone, I just got my hands on a copy of the game, and it installed, it's about 54 GB but when I press start I get an ATTENTION unable to validate your DLC message.

Does this mean I won't be able to play early? My MCC shipped early and it worked fine, thought that would be the case for this also. Is there some DLC I'm missing that I can get or is it a Press only sort of situation?

Hey Everyone, I just got my hands on a copy of the game, and it installed, it's about 54 GB but when I press start I get an ATTENTION unable to validate your DLC message.

Does this mean I won't be able to play early? My MCC shipped early and it worked fine, thought that would be the case for this also. Is there some DLC I'm missing that I can get or is it a Press only sort of situation?

Hmmmm. They could've locked it up, but it doesn't require Xbox live, so I would think if you weren't connected to the net you could play

Ryde3

Hmmmm. They could've locked it up, but it doesn't require Xbox live, so I would think if you weren't connected to the net you could play

Hey sorry I didn't mention, if I go offline I can play Single Player (which I'm doing now) but I was wondering if I'm missing something that's stopping me from getting online?

Hey sorry I didn't mention, if I go offline I can play Single Player (which I'm doing now) but I was wondering if I'm missing something that's stopping me from getting online?

Think someone said they have a list of gamer tags to allow online. That's probably why

Just be respectful that you have it early and don't stream or spoil anything for anyone. I'm sure MS will come looking at that point

Monocle

Half the fun of a Halo campaign is the exploration though. Halo was never about A -> B.

More like

1. A
2. Wow neat cliff
3. I wonder if there's a skull around here?
4. Cool, I found a hidden weapon cache
5. Guess I should look for a vehicle
6. ...
7. ...
8. ...
9. Shootbang
10. B

Phloxy

That can't be right, why would they prevent people who spend there 60 bucks from being able to play whenever they bring it home?

Top Bottom