• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

ThankeeSai

For any UK folk that have ordered through simply games, I didn't receive a confirmation email, but have checked my account on the website and it says mine was shipped yesterday at 18:00.

Should hopefully get it by Saturday!

JonnyKong

For any UK folk that have ordered through simply games, I didn't receive a confirmation email, but have checked my account on the website and it says mine was shipped yesterday at 18:00.

Should hopefully get it by Saturday!

Thanks dude, I just checked the website, but it doesn't say it's in stock? I haven't bothered to check my account yet. Hopefully I'll get the text from them today with some good news.

Edit: mine got shipped yesterday too :D simply games are awesome.

ThankeeSai

Thanks dude, I just checked the website, but it doesn't say it's in stock? I haven't bothered to check my account yet. Hopefully I'll get the text from them today with some good news.

Edit: mine got shipped yesterday too :D simply games are awesome.

Yes. Yes they are!

nib95

Banned
Just got a notification that my copy has been shipped!

tumblr_mn96jzOiIU1sqhflko2_500.gif

The Newegg gods graced me with my digital code early
even though when i asked them earlier today they said they wont send codes until the game is officially released
:D got my copy pre-loading!

Thank you Newegg Gods!

any idea if they're doing it for all orders? the thirst is real, but that non-refundable sticker though

GavinGT

Banned
Does the BR still perform essentially the same as the DMR? That was something I recall being weird about the beta.

...not that I'm complaining. DMR always felt way better to me.

m23

Yeah boy

I think I get a copy tonight or tomorrow

Frankie, don't make me spam your inbox because...

I won't.

Same here, I might be getting my copy tomorrow as well. I don't want to have to worry about getting banned for playing a game I rightfully paid for.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Same here, I might be getting my copy tomorrow as well. I don't want to have to worry about getting banned for playing a game I rightfully paid for.

the fuck? where did you guys ordered yours? My BB still haven't shipped mine

JonnyKong

Even though it says my copy has shipped from Simplygames, I still haven't had a dispatch email or text, and it still just says pre order rather than in stock on the site. Bit weird.

When does the review embargo lifts? I......can't stop my hype for this game and I'm now HEAVILY leaning towards buying a X1 this year :)

IGN said their review in progress will be at 12:01PST Monday 10/26. I assume most sites won't be doing full multiplayer reviews until a few days into launch

Ryde3

Seriously... Having all the online features blocked until release is bullshit. What's the point????

It really sucks, I was able to play MCC early, and I think Halo 4 also? Interesting decision, hopefully it doesn't last all weekend!

Anyone in NYC pick up an early copy? I just realized that one of the stores got the Limited Edition in on the 19th. Should have picked it up then. Might pick it up later today.

Anyone in NYC pick up an early copy? I just realized that one of the stores got the Limited Edition in on the 19th. Should have picked it up then. Might pick it up later today.

I wasn't aware of people getting it early and physical copies shipping early? Are digital copies unlocking early as well?

Please say yes.

nib95

Banned
If people are getting it early, why are there no single player campaign impressions in here? Come out with them! Lol.

Fotos

If people are getting it early, why are there no single player campaign impressions in here? Come out with them! Lol.

Gameplay is fun story was meh. The cutscenes and lines all lost that Halo charm in my opinion and overall it's kind of disappointing. The fights are better than Halo 4 so I look forward to playing co-op with some friends come release day. Probably going to finish the whole thing alone on Legendary before the game even releases because the shitty delay on the multiplayer. Don't want to go into too much detail in here though don't want to spoil anyone.

nib95

Banned
Gameplay is fun story was meh. The cutscenes and lines all lost that Halo charm in my opinion and overall it's kind of disappointing. The fights are better than Halo 4 so I look forward to playing co-op with some friends come release day. Probably going to finish the whole thing alone on Legendary before the game even releases because the shitty delay on the multiplayer. Don't want to go into too much detail in here though don't want to spoil anyone.

Your personal rankings of all the Halo's based on campaign quality?

sam777

My copy has been shipped I should get it tomorrow, can I play normal online at least?
Edit: No online features till launch sucks.

I've played for about 4 hours and I'm 7 missions in on Heroic. The levels are ginormous, like there's probably 1000x places to hide things and explore on each map. Seriously every new space you enter is gigantic and theres a ton of places for things to be hidden. My goal was to get as many intel pieces and skulls as I could on the first run through. I got 4 intel and no skulls on the first. and then only a few pieces of intel on the missions after. I only have one skull.

The movement, gameplay, shooting mechanics, and new moves are incredible. This is one of the most naturally feeling games I've ever played. It's like going from the old Metal Gears to the new Phantom Pain. It's incredible to play. This makes me extremely excited for MP.

I'm not going to address story details in any way, but I think it's pretty good so far. It's building up well to this point.

Graphics look good to me. It's not earth shattering, but when you consider how smooth it is, how great the movement is, and then you look at all the stuff going on and the beautiful art direction, it's pretty great. Not disappointed at all.

I'll take any questions you have that aren't spoiler related, etc. I'm trying to respect the release date embargo thing as best as possible.

any idea if they're doing it for all orders? the thirst is real, but that non-refundable sticker though

I don't know for sure, I highly doubt that I am a special case with this... If you don't get one early I would say to just contact customer support and mention that you were told they were sending codes out early.

Though idk if they are still doing the 10$ off deal, that's the only real reason to get it from then rather than from an Xbox order.

If you want to test and see if they still have the deal, I have all the info here http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1116700

I got my copy.

What I this white list? Do I get banned if I play the game early?

When you go to play with your internet connected it will say that you are missing DLC. Gotta play offline. They have a list of GT that can assess the game.

I would bet that if you try to stream the game, or post spoilers, that they'll come after you. Just be respectful.

Top Bottom