• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

On page 117 B)

Loving the new multiplayer coverage. I only got to play a bit of the beta, but is it a big transition to H5 from the previous games? With the new mechanics?

Lingitiz

That can't be right, why would they prevent people who spend there 60 bucks from being able to play whenever they bring it home?
I think the reasoning is that they have a specific list of how many people to account for so it let's them allocate servers pet region correctly prior to launch. At least that's what I assume.

Bsigg12

On page 117 B)

Loving the new multiplayer coverage. I only got to play a bit of the beta, but is it a big transition to H5 from the previous games? With the new mechanics?

Yes, in all the right ways. The Spartan abilities (everyone has thrusters, sprint, ground pound, charge and slide) feel much more inline with Halo than the armor abilities ever did.

Phloxy

They probably have their reasons. It's pretty standard for big releases tho.

Where I live I've played every single Halo release the weekend before release and played online with my fiancée co op with no problems. Because I'm not some guy/girl raging on a camera on twitch I don't get to play a game I spent my hard earned cash on? That's absurd and I hope that by the weekend that whitelist gets tossed out.

That can't be right, why would they prevent people who spend there 60 bucks from being able to play whenever they bring it home?
Because the game hasn't officially been released? It's like going into a bar at 1PM and being mad that they won't give you booze even though they only serve liquor after 6.

Yes, in all the right ways. The Spartan abilities (everyone has thrusters, sprint, ground pound, charge and slide) feel much more inline with Halo than the armor abilities ever did.

This is how it should be because it was always obvious that Spartans were incredibly agile and could perform all kinds of awesome maneuvers to better position themselves in combat.

RowdyReverb

zGFfkO2.jpg
I'm just quoting this for the new page. I'm not sure if it's more of a stretch to believe that's real, or that it was all set up just for a joke.

Madness

Any HaloGAF'ers streaming? Tell me what to look for on twitch/Halo Channel. Was watching ForgeHub right now. Too bad we don't have the community thread to organize streams.

I think my system is finally installing the 9GB update. I turned on my system to see if it downloaded the update and nope, still 46.1GB. But it did manage to download the updates to over a dozen other games... lol. It had to go through and 100% all of them. After turning off my system it seems to be downloading a pretty big file, must be the update. I mean, it literally can be nothing else. All my other games are updated now :).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I really hope I didn't get the campaign or huge story spoiled. Just typed in "Halo 5" in YouTube to watch some of today's multiplayer vids and stumbled on the first video which I didn't click but still could've been a huge spoiler if true.

For those who already know some of the spoilers/campaign please don't respond but what I saw was what I thought to be
new artwork of Cortana
Been on a complete single player blackout since pretty much the E3 demo.

The Newegg gods graced me with my digital code early
even though when i asked them earlier today they said they wont send codes until the game is officially released
:D got my copy pre-loading!

Thank you Newegg Gods!

BraXzy

Don't get too excited digital peeps, you still won't be able to play unless you're a press/YouTube/streamer who is white listed.

Don't get too excited digital peeps, you still won't be able to play unless you're a press/YouTube/streamer who is white listed.

We know, at least should, unless Microsoft and 343i want to unlock the game for some of us :).
They won't, but worth a try.
October 27th at 12:01am EST cannot come soon enough!

Not really. In the past, when people got their game early it was possible to play online without any issues.

I mean today and tomorrow i know that a lot of people in germany and maybe other european countrys will get their retail copy.

So i hope this whitelist stuff gets dropped by Saturday.

Ive got Halo 3 and Reach days before release and already could play online or Coop. No Whitelist stuff...

And i feel embarrassed as a Halo fan when i watch some of this streams... dont get how some of this streamers could get early access... There was one guy that was complaining all day about the game and the people. Another one was throwing insults to everyone that killed him. I mean wtf...

Alienfan

(for AU and NZ gamers) I just got an email from Mighty Ape saying they have shipped my order, and that it's on its way; I checked the tracking number, and sure enough it is! Given their next day delivery policy, this might be a good way to get your hands on the game early :)

Not really. I got Gears 3 days early and that was fine to play online. Same with Advanced Warfare and all previous CoDs. Once it's a legit copy there should be no issue at all. Not my fault it's a bank holiday and Gamestop have to ship it early.

Top Bottom