• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Seriously... Having all the online features blocked until release is bullshit. What's the point????

Because the game hasn't released yet and we planned to get everything up and running for release day? It's not a switch. It's a bunch of people, process and hardware.

So I'm fine if I want to play the campaign? I don't want to stream or publish any footage.

No one knows really. But if you came by the game legally, I don't think there's much they can do. I wouldn't think they'd care, unless you're ruining the game for other people, or posting things to youtube. If you have the game preordered digitally, and managed to get a disc, you'll need to delete your preorder, then install from the disc.

sam777

And all they want is to have a successful launch. It stinks, but it has a release date for a reason. Brush up on your skills and enjoy the single player masterpiece.

You misunderstood him, he wants to play campaign but is sad that a few people are getting it early and he has to wait till Tueday since he went digital.

sam777

Because the game hasn't released yet and we planned to get everything up and running for release day? It's not a switch. It's a bunch of people, process and hardware.

Can I play campign without any problems before launch?
Just want to make sure.
Thanks.

nib95

Banned
I've played for about 4 hours and I'm 7 missions in on Heroic. The levels are ginormous, like there's probably 1000x places to hide things and explore on each map. Seriously every new space you enter is gigantic and theres a ton of places for things to be hidden. My goal was to get as many intel pieces and skulls as I could on the first run through. I got 4 intel and no skulls on the first. and then only a few pieces of intel on the missions after. I only have one skull.

The movement, gameplay, shooting mechanics, and new moves are incredible. This is one of the most naturally feeling games I've ever played. It's like going from the old Metal Gears to the new Phantom Pain. It's incredible to play. This makes me extremely excited for MP.

I'm not going to address story details in any way, but I think it's pretty good so far. It's building up well to this point.

Graphics look good to me. It's not earth shattering, but when you consider how smooth it is, how great the movement is, and then you look at all the stuff going on and the beautiful art direction, it's pretty great. Not disappointed at all.

I'll take any questions you have that aren't spoiler related, etc. I'm trying to respect the release date embargo thing as best as possible.

Awesome. Appreciate the impressions dude!

I've played for about 4 hours and I'm 7 missions in on Heroic. The levels are ginormous, like there's probably 1000x places to hide things and explore on each map. Seriously every new space you enter is gigantic and theres a ton of places for things to be hidden. My goal was to get as many intel pieces and skulls as I could on the first run through. I got 4 intel and no skulls on the first. and then only a few pieces of intel on the missions after. I only have one skull.

The movement, gameplay, shooting mechanics, and new moves are incredible. This is one of the most naturally feeling games I've ever played. It's like going from the old Metal Gears to the new Phantom Pain. It's incredible to play. This makes me extremely excited for MP.

I'm not going to address story details in any way, but I think it's pretty good so far. It's building up well to this point.

Graphics look good to me. It's not earth shattering, but when you consider how smooth it is, how great the movement is, and then you look at all the stuff going on and the beautiful art direction, it's pretty great. Not disappointed at all.

I'll take any questions you have that aren't spoiler related, etc. I'm trying to respect the release date embargo thing as best as possible.

Ah thanks for this! Getting super excited now.

Hell I am even excited just to order it tonight and preload it haha

Kibbles

So I assume on Monday it'll all be workin since the game will have been officially released overseas? I imagine probably even a bit before that.

Maybe I'll do system link since I got a couple extra copies for my friends too. Hopefully that works at least.

maximrace

Will there be a way to view your medals after a match on release day? Can't seem to find it now, thanks!

Awesome. Appreciate the impressions dude!

The mission I'm on now is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!! The music! The verticality! The Art!

Oh, and btw, I think game was made for Legendary Co-op. As much fun as I'm having I think it's going to be insane with 4 people and using all this space. Damn!!

level1

YEAAAAHH. Will be in possession of this bad boy in about 30 minutes :)

Can someone explain me how the unlock via digital will function?
I live in Portugal. I bought the game from Singapore store, so i will be able to play when it's midnight there or in my country?

Other games are doing fine with having the MP online before release. I dont see whats the difficulty here?

I would be fine if i couldnt play PvP, but Online Coop isnt playable too.

Can someone explain me how the unlock via digital will function?
I live in Portugal. I bought the game from Singapore store, so i will be able to play when it's midnight there or in my country?

It will unlock with the singapore time. The license is tied to the location.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Other games are doing fine with having the MP online before release. I dont see whats the difficulty here?

It will unlock with the singapore time. The license is tied to the location.

Other games are other games. You got the game early.

Great, pretty much everyone has the game. I had a friend willing to exchange his hard copy versus my digital, seeing as he would be gone for this week anyway. Apparently all the limited edition content is stored onto a single code instead of separate ones (like they normally always do with DLC.. sigh).

TheDanger

Banned
Game almost finished installing, hyped as fuck, and Monday is a holiday, life is good.

I know why I never go digital or pre order, shops always have it early.

I'm at about 6 hours now. Just started the 9th mission. Game keeps getting better and better. Levels are still massive. I think this game will be awesome on Legendary.

Little tidbit that some people may like, even though some parts of these levels are setup for you to use vehicles, the verticality makes it just as fun to stay on foot. You don't have to stand in the open and dodge plasma canons. It's awesome.

Again, the sound effects are awesome........

Did people in this thread fucking forget how launches/release dates work?

TUESDAY 12:00 AM EST

I'm the last one to defend 343i because of the royally fucked up of MCC, but this is just goddamn common sense.

m23

Although I don't agree with people saying online multiplayer should be up, I think banning people who play games early that they've gotten legitimately is bs. That's more of a Microsoft thing than 343 I would imagine.

Although I don't agree with people saying online multiplayer should be up, I think banning people who play games early that they've gotten legitimately is bs. That's more of a Microsoft thing than 343 I would imagine.

Are they actually banning people? If so, then that definitely IS fucked up. I thought it was just a situation of they have a whitelist of GTs and only those have access and it's simply unavailable for everyone else.

Yeah it's an Xbox Live 'term of service' breach I guess.

I can't imagine them banning people at this point though, since it's so close to release. Also, the whitelist thing is genius for keeping people off in today's age where you know people will be breaking street date.

m23

Are they actually banning people? If so, then that definitely IS fucked up. I thought it was just a situation of they have a whitelist of GTs and only those have access and it's simply unavailable for everyone else.

Not sure if its actually happening, but it's happened. I believe someone here on GAF was banned for playing Halo 4 early. So people are kinda hesitant playing this Halo game early as well, even campaign.

shiba5

The mission I'm on now is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!! The music! The verticality! The Art!

Oh, and btw, I think game was made for Legendary Co-op. As much fun as I'm having I think it's going to be insane with 4 people and using all this space. Damn!!

I kind of hate you right now. I'll get over it... on Tuesday. >.<

Yeah it's an Xbox Live 'term of service' breach I guess.

I can't imagine them banning people at this point though, since it's so close to release. Also, the whitelist thing is genius for keeping people off in today's age where you know people will be breaking street date.

That's BS when you routinely have retailers breaking the street date with every GAME that comes out.

16BitNova

Shaking my head at people who got the game early and still complaining because somethings are
Spartan
locked. Have you people heard of release dates? Have some respect for the developers plan and schedule of things. Some of you have a silly sense of entitlement.

Gestault

Those complaining that launch-day service/support isn't there before launch day because they got an early copy are being petulant.

Shaking my head at people who got the game early and still complaining because somethings are
Spartan
locked. Have you people heard of release dates? Have some respect for the developers plan and schedule of things. Some of you have a silly sense of entitlement.

They'd be the first to complain if there were any hiccups too. "Oh it took me 3 minutes to find a match! Bungie wouullllddddd neevverrrrrrr.....Hrrrrrrrrruummmmppppphhhhh"

nib95

Banned
Those complaining that launch-day service/support isn't there before launch day because they got an early copy are being petulant.

Yea. Look we don't know why it's not working yet. They might be setting up more servers, debugging, testing, who knows, but you can't fault them for not having it ready before launch day. I'm glad the patch is available to download and install, at least I can play through the campaign tomorrow. If the single player didn't work, then I'd be miffed.

Bit annoyed at the size of the patch though. On my connection it'll take an age.

Top Bottom