• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Raide

Yeah, its confusing to me too. Why didn't they just apply this same idea too all their maps...

Its weird. It feels like the Warzone maps are crafted for that purpose and the rest seem like they are all built with Forge tools. They all look and feel built in the Forge fashion. Cannot quite put my finger on it but they all look very placed and lego built together.

Its weird. It feels like the Warzone maps are crafted for that purpose and the rest seem like they are all built with Forge tools. They all look and feel built in the Forge fashion. Cannot quite put my finger on it but they all look very placed and lego built together.

Well its because theres a lot of assets being reused and very few of them are on the ground a planet, like a snow planet. Its just a bunch of interior areas with the same assets.

xboxnerd

Banned
Would love to see a Warzone map that is a bit more vertical. Some sky-base or something like that. Get people to use flying vehicles a bit more openly for bombing runs or team drop-offs etc.

I would like to see a map named something like Tower of Babel, which is a single large tower with blue team starting at bottom and red at top. Multiple routes connect two bases and some paths are large enough for vehicles.

Raide

Well its because theres a lot of assets being reused and very few of them are on the ground a planet, like a snow planet. Its just a bunch of interior areas with the same assets.

Yeah, that's probably it. Many of them feel like they are part of a larger map that is just split.

I would like to see a map named something like Tower of Babel, which is a single large tower with blue team starting at bottom and red at top. Multiple routes connect two bases and some paths are large enough for vehicles.

I would try to build it in Forge if you could do Warzone maps lol

xboxnerd

Banned

Yeah, those maps are using the same crates everywhere. Also the lighting in warzone maps seems to be more natural too, no single color palette to be seen.

ironcreed

Banned
Warzone looks like a good mode for casuals

You must be... so hardcore. Congratulations.

It actually just looks like a more war-like and more open-ended mode that offers a different experience with bosses and such added in. In short, it just looks fun. Which is why I play games to begin with.

It actually just looks like a more war-like and more open-ended mode that offers a different experience with bosses and such added in. In short, it just looks fun. Which is why I play games to begin with.

Not to mention, the bosses on warzone will absolutely destroy the casual gamers. It might be more hectic than Arena but it is in no way more casual.

strata8

What looks bad? I thought it looked really good.

It's not all bad obviously, but there's something really weird with the way things look when they're in shadow. Characters look like they're being lit from all angles, and far brighter than you'd expect. Maybe it's a game-wide thing and it's just more noticeable here, I dunno.

IJ4lv3P.jpg

sPwDWmF.jpg

Gr4HLVc.jpg

You are not allowed to make sense on Gaf. Lol

But you are exactly right. This mode looks a lot of fun.

It's not all bad obviously, but there's something really weird with the way things look when they're in shadow. Characters look like they're being lit from all angles, and far brighter than you'd expect. Maybe it's a game-wide thing and it's just more noticeable here, I dunno.

IJ4lv3P.jpg

sPwDWmF.jpg

Gr4HLVc.jpg

Ya that doesnt look too hot. I thought you were talking about the overall map.

jet1911

IJ4lv3P.jpg

sPwDWmF.jpg

Gr4HLVc.jpg

Looks like the environement does not cast shadows on the characters. It is strange.

El_Chino

IJ4lv3P.jpg

sPwDWmF.jpg

Gr4HLVc.jpg
Glitch perhaps? It isn't a final build after all.

Yeah, officially not feeling the hype on Warzone. I don't like the randomness of 12 on 12 with all these AI things running about, dudes spawning with rockets or tanks or shield regens, people just running all over the place to random bases or fighting AI or just shooting each other. BTB wasn't as serious as the traditional 4v4, but it still worked on the same rules. There were a certain amount of power weapons the map to keep track of, there were only two tanks at the most, and with the size of the player counts and the maps made it more focused. Plus, they always had one objective everybody went after. There were two flags, go get them. We got a bomb, lets plant it. There are 3 territories on the map, they're not housed inside a bunch of bases where people can pick-up their Ultra Shotguns and Banshees, try to cap 2 out of 3 of those. Even the Slayer variants had more order, once again due to the size of the map, limited power weapons/vehicles, and player count.

This is gonna be alright for the casuals fresh off of Witcher 3 who think Halo is like...warthogs and shit flying everywhere and random "fun" just exploding from every corner, but personally...meh.

Get me a release date on traditional BTB, lyterboy/stinkles.

Yeah, officially not feeling the hype on Warzone. I don't like the randomness of 12 on 12 with all these AI things running about, dudes spawning with rockets or tanks or shield regens, people just running all over the place to random bases or fighting AI or just shooting each other. BTB wasn't as serious as the traditional 4v4, but it still worked on the same rules. There were a certain amount of power weapons the map to keep track of, there were only two tanks at the most, and with the size of the player counts and the maps made it more focused. Plus, they always had one objective everybody went after. There were two flags, go get them. We got a bomb, lets plant it. There are 3 territories on the map, they're not housed inside a bunch of bases where people can pick-up their Ultra Shotguns and Banshees, try to cap 2 out of 3 of those. Even the Slayer variants had more order, once again due to the size of the map, limited power weapons/vehicles, and player count.

This is gonna be alright for the casuals fresh off of Witcher 3 who think Halo is like...warthogs and shit flying everywhere and random "fun" just exploding from every corner, but personally...meh.

Get me a release date on traditional BTB, lyterboy/stinkles.

That to me is exactly why im hyped on it. When im not in the mood for the Arena style gameplay, i can go into warzone and get a completely different style of game. Doesnt feel as serious and looks fun as hell. Theres literally something for everyone in this game and all for 60$.

That to me is exactly why im hyped on it. When im not in the mood for the Arena style gameplay, i can go into warzone and get a completely different style of game. Theres literally something for everyone in this game and all for 60$.

Agreed. This is the chaos I looked for when playing BTB in older Halo games. I love it! At least when BTB comes out we'll have large scale battle with a bit more control and order.

strata8

Glitch perhaps? It isn't a final build after all.

Yeah that's what I said before, I think it's likely the map is unfinished considering this + the misaligned ocean reflections + the ramp glitch in that other video. Compare to the old Warzone videos:

Gr4HLVc.jpg

Jw6e0oj.jpg

It's either that or some ridiculously inconsistent maps.

Bsigg12

Yeah that's what I said before, I think it's likely the map is unfinished considering this + the misaligned ocean reflections + the ramp glitch in that other video. Compare to the old Warzone videos:

Gr4HLVc.jpg

Jw6e0oj.jpg

It's either that or some ridiculously inconsistent maps.

Some of the people who attended the event said the build they were playing was a couple months old so it's very possible and likely that vertical slice was taken because of stability and we'll see further improvements.

Bsigg12

After watching the RUL REQ pack opening video, getting the Limited or Collectors edition seem to be the way to go. 14 REQ packs that seem like they'll have some guaranteed awesome things in them looks great.

Man I'm gonna be playing the shot out of Warzone.

Anyone got more Warden Eternal gameplay apart from the Podtacular ones which i already watched.

Euron

I think I'm just going to go dark at this point. I knew pretty much everything about Halo 4 going into it and that really devalued the experience for me. I didn't watch any Reach footage aside from the E3 Demo and some beta highlights and that added so much to the experience.

Spasm

Been playing Halo since Nov 15 2001, and that's what Halo is. They call it the sandbox. 4v4 competitive corridor crawling is not the only thing that people, even veterans, play Halo for.

E92 M3

Have been trying to avoid major spoilers, but have they shown any MP maps (arena) that have a natural setting and not just militaristic compounds?

Glass

The BR skin in the RuL videos looks really sexy, and has that Promethean scope we saw one of Blue Team using a while back; it disintegrates people on kills like Prometheans dying.

I have to say though, these guys in the videos, they keep running without letting their shields recharge. They run for 5 minutes with their shields beeping...then they die. Ya, no shit.

Top Bottom