• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Random17

Apex is easily the best looking map IMO both artistically and by design. Reminds me a lot of the Silent Cartographer.

343i in Halo 4 and Halo 2A avoided grass, and it made everything look bland and dirty.

I'm glad the grass is back even if the alpha effects are set down fairly low.

xboxnerd

Banned
Not a fan of attachments and loadouts, but as long as Arena is not affected I will be satisfied. Warzone will definitely be super casual judging from all the footages.

Akai__

Gonna watch those Warzone videos soon.

Not sure if this was posted already, but here's something that seems like a new Halo 5 ARG to me. It's in reaction of the TV spot: http://visualizer.halowaypoint.com/

Saw it on Twitter and thought I'd share. You can drag the timeline, just like in the Bullet ARG. It seems like there are unlocks (1st unlock being the TV spot), so people should leave a message on there. Let's see what it's about.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Gonna watch those Warzone videos soon.

Not sure if this was posted already, but here's something that seems like a new Halo 5 ARG to me. It's in reaction of the TV spot: http://visualizer.halowaypoint.com/

Saw it on Twitter and thought I'd share. You can drag the timeline, just like in the Bullet ARG. It seems like there are unlocks (1st unlock being the TV spot), so people should leave a message on there. Let's see what it's about.

That is not an ARG. At all.

Glass

Damn, the AI in Apex 7 is tearing people up.

Podtacular's footage is awesome. The player isn't anything special, and its clearly someone getting used to the mode, but the video is full of the kind of epic 'Halo' moments you'd want from a 12 v 12 game. Loads of huge battles, vehicle vs vehicle moments and pure chaos which I hadn't see too much of from the first Warzone map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDS9vfRnVcc

Raide

Podtacular's footage is awesome. The player isn't anything special, and its clearly someone getting used to the mode, but the video is full of the kind of epic 'Halo' moments you'd want from a 12 v 12 game. Loads of huge battles, vehicle vs vehicle moments and pure chaos which I hadn't see too much of from the first Warzone map.

Hunters should always be pretty scary. Then you see Hunter Elder and it messes you up. Perfect!

Warzone is looking really good and will be fun to play in between me getting my ass handed to me in arena. Apex 7 looks like a good map too.

jet1911

I remember a lot of people wanting the AI in Titanfall being something more than cannon fodder but I wonder if the ruthless AI in Warzone will turn people off a bit? Getting killed by an Elite 30 seconds after you've REQed(?) a FRG for exemple could get annoying fast haha.

6 at launch + 6 with free DLC.

Nice!

Madness

12v12 sometimes looks sparse on this big maps. A lot of running around and searching for enemys :/

16v16 or 20v20 would have been something.

I don't know, I mean once they picked their REQ's, people were pretty much spawned into direct action within seconds. 12v12 is already too much for a game like Halo, coupled with AI and bases to watch for. 20v20 while trying to maintain 60fps would have required an even greater sacrifice to visual fidelity. I can already see people with DMR just pinging from a distance, and with 4sk, it's going to be a lot of quick deaths when you have coordinated teams team shooting you.

Raide

I remember a lot of people wanting the AI in Titanfall being something more than cannon fodder but I wonder if the ruthless AI in Warzone will turn people off a bit? Getting killed by an Elite 30 seconds after you've REQed(?) a FRG for exemple could get annoying fast haha.

Nice!

I guess the key is to stop people running around and dominating the A.I on their own. Warzone is supposed to be a team thing so I guess they want to make A.I imposing and forcing people to work together.

Nice!

Nah, AI isn't too common after the initial start.

And mostly you have to go out the way of the bases to kill the really though ones.

And thirdly, it takes a real team effort to kill an AI boss. Like God damn.

Random17

I don't know, I mean once they picked their REQ's, people were pretty much spawned into direct action within seconds. 12v12 is already too much for a game like Halo, coupled with AI and bases to watch for. 20v20 while trying to maintain 60fps would have required an even greater sacrifice to visual fidelity. I can already see people with DMR just pinging from a distance, and with 4sk, it's going to be a lot of quick deaths when you have coordinated teams team shooting you.

I can see the rage already.

*Uses extremely rare power weapon REQ*

*Dies in spawn*

RowdyReverb

This looks so fun. I can't wait

Raide

Anyone else hope they test out higher players numbers for Warzone down the line? Really would like to see the engine get pushed a bit for some crazy battles.

Glass

I forget, are maps mode specific, or are there different modes on the same maps? There's still the attack and defend mode we've not seen yet.

I forget, are maps mode specific, or are there different modes on the same maps? There's still the attack and defend mode we've not seen yet.

Warzone, BTB, Arena and Breakout will use completely separate set of maps. And yes you are right, Warzone will have a attack/defense mode without AIs coming later, so there are two known modes for Warzone.

Ramirez

Was it 4? I only remember Escape from ARC, Raid on Apex 7 and that Arcadia-esque one.

I'm curious about all the maps, too. I wonder about the other remixes of Arena maps.

We've seen the desert, snow, city, & jungle maps. Though I don't know that we have an official name for the city map, I just remember it in one of the trailers.

Glass

Warzone, BTB, Arena and Breakout will use completely separate set of maps. And yes you are right, Warzone will have a attack/defense mode without AIs coming later, so there are two known modes for Warzone.

Yeah it's that Warzone attack & defend one I'm curious about, since we've not heard much from it. Will it be at launch? Will they re-work maps like Apex 7 and make it playable there? Or will the attack/defend maps be their own thing.

Yeah it's that Warzone attack & defend one I'm curious about, since we've not heard much from it. Will it be at launch? Will they re-work maps like Apex 7 and make it playable there? Or will the attack/defend maps be their own thing.

Mode are not map specific, both modes can be played on all maps I assume. For arena we might see some differences in map modes.

Warzone looks fun, but super casual. I'll probably put all my weapon req cards towards armor and emblems. I'll save the cool ones though.

strata8

Cant wait for this game.

Gameplay looks incredible.

Graphic, Apex looks really bad IMO.

I agree, Apex looks like an awesome map but graphically it's just awful. I'm going to assume it's an old build or a work in progress because there's no way they could be this sloppy:

zRIrB2I.jpg

Trup1aya

Nice!

Totally different implementations though... In Titan fall the AI was simply there to create the illusion of a battlefield with a ton of combatants... Your main target was other human players.

In Warzone, the AI is just one of several nuetral objectives. And capturing those objectives should provide a challenge.

The PvP aspect of Warzone impacts the scoring the least.

xboxnerd

Banned
We've seen the desert, snow, city, & jungle maps. Though I don't know that we have an official name for the city map, I just remember it in one of the trailers.

4 different warzone maps revealed with 4 distinct spot, and all of them have beautiful skyboxes and rich environments.
It is really strange that there are so many variations in the Warzone maps, while most Arena maps are the same industrial style.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Are the initial red and blue starting bases the same as they were in the last map?

Raide

Would love to see a Warzone map that is a bit more vertical. Some sky-base or something like that. Get people to use flying vehicles a bit more openly for bombing runs or team drop-offs etc.

4 different warzone maps revealed with 4 distinct spot, and all of them have beautiful skyboxes and rich environments.
It is really strange that there are so many variations in the Warzone maps, while most Arena maps are the same industrial style.

Yeah, its confusing to me too. Why didn't they just apply this same idea too all their maps...

Bsigg12

Would love to see a Warzone map that is a bit more vertical. Some sky-base or something like that. Get people to use flying vehicles a bit more openly for bombing runs or team drop-offs etc.

A giant sized Turf could be incredible. A straight up urban warfare map with roads large enough for tanks and mantis but taller building for sniping and ranged combat could be amazing.

Top Bottom