• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Vibed

It wasn't.
The timer read "0:07:53:49" when the narration said Youpi would be bankrupt in 3 minutes and 50 seconds, and "0:11:39:07" when Knuckle let go of him. That's 3 minutes, 45 seconds and some change.

I think that now makes me legitimately pissed at Knuckle.

It wasn't.
The timer read "0:07:53:49" when the narration said Youpi would be bankrupt in 3 minutes and 50 seconds, and "0:11:39:07" when Knuckle let go of him. That's 3 minutes, 45 seconds and some change.

How? He didn't know how much "aura" Youpi had exactly. Nobody had any way to tell.

Ah Ok, I do remember the timer saying that. You're also right about Knuckle not knowing how much aura Youpi had, but he did estimate him having about 10x as much as Morel.
My argument is probably irrational, but I just really think that Knuckle should have left Potclean up

I wonder where the dragon actually landed....
Just far away. Netero wanted to fight where no one else would get hurt and Meruem agreed.

What a disappointing episode.
We spent over ten weeks on these losers taking up tons of screentime only to see them lose and Youpi walk away, not even taking any damage?! This is problematic writing at its finest.

I disagree. What happened was a result of the desires of the characters.
Knuckle did not want to see his boss hurt like Shoot. And what initially angered Knuckle a few episodes ago was that Youpi seemed to not care about Shoot or Knuckle as warriors. When Youpi transformed mentally and gained a modicum of wisdom, he realized that these guys are fighting within inches of their lives and he respects that. Once that happened, Knuckle did not have the anger to push him

I watched again, this one was pretty awesome.

Also Knov looking all sickly was weird. What is happening to him?

Also, was Youpi heading toward the King or just going of into the world?

Knov was terrified of Pitou's En. So terrified that he began to look like that. For the second question
He is left to go meet up with Meruem. That is his purpose in life: to protect the king. Whether or not he will actually meet up with him is the question, though. It was mentioned in this episode that the King was far enough away for none of the Royal Guards to interfere with Netero's fight. Even if they were able to get to the King, the King might not let them interfere given how he left willingly.

Good episode, but it didn't have my favorite part in it. :(

Jigolo

But Knov said that the King and Netero have made it to the "appointed" location and was able to get this reaction out of the group.

xm3XgiW.png

He then wen't on to say
"If they leave now (I'm guessing he's talking about the RG here), the Royal Guard won't make it in time.

But then he say's their job is done and so is ours......

Who is THEY?!?

But Knov said that the King and Netero have made it to the "appointed" location and was able to get this reaction out of the group.

He then wen't on to say
"If they leave now (I'm guessing he's talking about the RG here), the Royal Guard won't make it in time.

But then he say's their job is done and so is ours......

Who is THEY?!?

I think it was just to get the King as far away as possible so that the Royal Guard could not catch up. I think "they" is referring to the Royal Guards. By being so far from the King, they won't be able to protect him from Netero. I could be wrong, though.

I still can't believe Knov let himself get shook so badly, this guy is apparently good enough to be in a team with Netero and he lets his disciples and 2 kids make him look like a bitch.

Way to subvert his character archetype.

Soriku

Great episode. Youpi is such a nice guy :) At this point Pouf seems like the evilest of the RG. Gon talking smack to him was cool.

Also, even if his Nen ran out, Youpi still probably has great physical strength. I'm not sure if Knuckle could've won even with Meleoron.

lol at Knov.

Next episode:
Netero vs. King, finally!

I think it was just to get the King as far away as possible so that the Royal Guard could not catch up. I think "they" is referring to the Royal Guards. By being so far from the King, they won't be able to protect him from Netero. I could be wrong, though.

I think THEY is referring to the Guard and he says our jobs as a separate thing.

Or by THEY he means just the zoldycks and the chairman as they were a separate "team".

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fucking Knuckle
bringing in massive disappointment.

Knov's appearance
was shocking as hell. Damn.

FluxWaveZ

I still can't believe Knov let himself get shook so badly, this guy is apparently good enough to be in a team with Netero and he lets his disciples and 2 kids make him look like a bitch.

Way to subvert his character archetype.

Chimera ant hit squad composed of people that are: sleep deprived, completely terrified, consumed with blinding rage and irrational.

Great episode. Youpi is such a nice guy :) At this point Pouf seems like the evilest of the RG. Gon talking smack to him was cool.

Also, even if his Nen ran out, Youpi still probably has great physical strength. I'm not sure if Knuckle could've won even with Meleoron.

lol at Knov.

Next episode:
Netero vs. King, finally!

If Youpi ran out of nen, he would of gotten destroyed. Did you forget how bad you can you get wrecked if you weren't using nen to defend yourself against a nen user?

How is Knov such a mess while weaker people are dealing with enemies of comparable auras? Shoot, an apparent coward, did not go bald and look like he aged 20 years during his fight with Youpi.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
How is Knov such a mess while weaker people are dealing with enemies of comparable auras? Shoot, an apparent coward, did not go bald and look like he aged 20 years during his fight with Youpi.

The tension Knov had to face when dealing with his role in the mission was the highest, I dare say. He was alone and had no clue where the enemy was or what was happening inside the palace.

Fuck Knuckle. Worst character ever.

Yup. He grew on me last episode... And then threw it all away.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Haha fucking Knov. I don't remember him getting this fucked up in the manga. It scared me lol. Great episode. Can't wait for next week's!!!!

Can't believe Youpi let them off he is voiced by Akainu both of them share same qualities rage anger. When he transformed his character changed not for the better. Can't buy into the galloping sword sniper design.

Popnbake

If Youpi ran out of nen, he would of gotten destroyed. Did you forget how bad you can you get wrecked if they weren't using nen to defend themselves against a nen user?

The fight would be in KnuckIe's favor but I doubt Youpi would get destroyed.

Pitou survived a hit from the King that was meant to kill and Youpi seems to be the strongest physically among the three guards.

He wussed out, but I still think he is a good character. Good characters can still fail.

I agree with this. Even though I think Knuckle made a stupid decision, I still like his character.

It's not an important spoiler, but if you really want to know...

Netero and co. arranged to bring Meruem to a military testing ground beforehand, so that's where they go.

This development of Youpi is why he's my favourite of the guards to turn from a rage filled simpleton to something little bit more complex is something you don't see much in shounens. Also it seems to me the anime is reordering how things happened as I am pretty sure this fight ended a lot later in the manga.

OmegaX

Usually nen is visible to show it's in use when guarding against an attack.
They don't do it that often anymore because it's too much trouble to draw it, I guess. It's the norm for Nen users to surround their entire bodies with nen when fighting and focus slightly more more in the parts of the body that are attacking or defending. Yet, the anime almost never shows this.

zulux21

didn't they say that Youpi was made from different stuff than the other two guards (magical beasts or what not?)

couldn't that easily mean that even without nen he could potentially still be very strong and very durable? I mean his body isn't exactly normal.

Popnbake

They don't do it that often anymore because it's too much trouble to draw it, I guess. It's the norm for Nen users to surround their entire bodies with nen when fighting and focus slightly more more in the parts of the body that are attacking or defending. Yet, the anime almost never shows this.

Considering that it was an attack from the King who was out to kill, I don't see Togashi forgetting
to show nen being a main factor in Pitou surviving the hit.

He may get lazy with the art but he does like to show nen details in fights.

OmegaX

Considering that it was an attack from the King who was out to kill, I don't see Togashi forgetting
to show nen being a main factor in Pitou surviving the hit.

He may get lazy with the art but he does like to show nen details in fights.

Just recently, Knuckle hit Youpi many times with all of his strength but neither the manga nor the anime showed any aura on his hands/foot. I think it's implicit that he did use nen, otherwise Pot Clean wouldn't raise its counter.

Popnbake

didn't they say that Youpi was made from different stuff than the other two guards (magical beasts or what not?)

couldn't that easily mean that even without nen he could potentially still be very strong and very durable? I mean his body isn't exactly normal.

Well, his skin is red after all. :D

Not sure if it was stated but I wouldn't surprised if he was made differently than the other two.

Just recently, Knuckle hit Youpi many times with all of his strength but neither the manga nor the anime showed any aura on his hands/foot. I think it's implicit that he did use nen, otherwise Pot Clean wouldn't raise its counter.

That is true but they still showed it with Gon powering up in front of Pitou.

The point of the fight for Youpi was to learn more about nen since it was a new concept to him.
He wouldn't know how to use it efficiently to guard an attack from an angered King.

I'm just saying that Youpi without nen wouldn't be as helpless to be destroyed in a fight against a worn out Knuckle.

zulux21

Well, his skin is red after all. :D

Not sure if it was stated but I wouldn't surprised if he was made differently than the other two.

looking it up
Little is known about Menthuthuyoupi's past, but in fact he is the only non-human hybrid among Chimera Ants as he inherited genetic material from both his Chimera Ant mother and a Magical Beast.

which I recall being said in the anime. (around the time he is first shown)
while I don't doubt nen is important I am pretty sure youpi could have still taken them all easily even if he had lost his nen at that point. one was pretty much already out for the count, the other wasn't a combat type, and knuckle wasn't remotely in prime condition and has to be running low on nen himself.

Daingurse

Only two minutes in, "It's none of your business. Shut up." - Gon

tumblr_mg5cjmhLRk1rqa1h5o1_500.gif

Edit: Okay, that episode was great.
Youpi's character growth is absolutely insane! I have observed his immense evolution in battle in regards to his combat ability, but his sense of self has actually developed. I rewatch 112 a lot, and this Youpi is not the same fucking dude anymore! It's only been like what? Less than 10-15 minutes or so? Insane.

Things got very complicated, which I enjoyed. Knuckle made a hard call, and fuuccked up. Big time fucked up, right there with Meleoron and Morel. Youpi seems to be a wildcard, but I still see him as a threat to humanity overall. Knuckle losing his bloodlust pretty much fucks him up too, Knuckle is a very sensitive dude.

MilkBeard

If Youpi ran out of nen, he would of gotten destroyed. Did you forget how bad you can you get wrecked if you weren't using nen to defend yourself against a nen user?

We have to remember that these Chimera Ants were strong as hell even before they discovered Nen. So it's possible that he could still hold his own against Knuckle.

--
About the episode, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I feel satisfied with the amount of things that happened, and I enjoyed Youpi's change in character. And Knuckle is still being a softy, like usual. Now I really want to see Gon and Pouf. That should be interesting. Not to mention Netero and Meruem.

upandaway

Pouf's face when Gon told him off :lol that was gold. The Royal Guards are so lost. If Morel wasn't so fatigued, Youpi would've just been stalled out of aura and they would have won right there.

Knuckle being soft on the ants was a worry several characters mentioned throughout the arc, so that's that. If only he knew about the King and Komugi.

We have to remember that these Chimera Ants were strong as hell even before they discovered Nen. So it's possible that he could still hold his own against Knuckle.
There's a big difference between not knowing about nen (while still having aura) and being forced into zetsu. Youpi would've been a goner.

Moaradin

That was a great episode. The royal guards are such complex, interesting characters. This arc is proving time and time again why it's so amazing. It keeps surprising me.

Akainu

What a disappointing episode.
We spent over ten weeks on these losers taking up tons of screentime only to see them lose and Youpi walk away, not even taking any damage?! This is problematic writing at its finest.

Only praiseworthy thing is it actually surprising us by not making Youpi not seem as battle crazed as he initially seemed to be, so kudos to Togashi for doing that for him, its always nice to see a writer go against the grain.

Is there some way to block user comments in certain threads? This post is madness.

Anyway. Hunter x Hunter just keeps proving time and time again it's the best.

I disagree. What happened was a result of the desires of the characters.
Knuckle did not want to see his boss hurt like Shoot. And what initially angered Knuckle a few episodes ago was that Youpi seemed to not care about Shoot or Knuckle as warriors. When Youpi transformed mentally and gained a modicum of wisdom, he realized that these guys are fighting within inches of their lives and he respects that. Once that happened, Knuckle did not have the anger to push him

I thought at least kept it from feeling all that bad. Just something we dont see in many antagonists in the medium these days, though I would have rather liked it done the traditional thing in the genre and gave powerups and team up to the three.

I didn't like it when I read the manga and I don't like it now, it leaves you feeling so bitter over their failure. Still though, Togashi still prevails at writing, I forgot what Knov looked like too, quite a shock.

Top Bottom