• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Popnbake

Comparing the pacing to DBZ is a huge disservice to HxH.

3+ minutes for ssj transformations?

PVuQoBN.gif

Killua ain't havin none of that.

Jigolo

I do, sometimes. For HxH and Kuroko No Basket, usually. Anything for those fresh anime-viewer reactions.

I watch King Of Lightning. The guy's video's are something like 15 min long but they are great. He goes in depth for each important scene from the episode which is what I like so much about his reviews. Different perspective as well, especially in with this 120's episode review where he points out just how damn good Morel really is.

FluxWaveZ

Dammit,
Palm. Wonder if that was actually her. If that was her, kinda hoping she's awesome enough to still be on the side of good after whatever they've done to her.

Totally forgot about
teleport man being part of the action. Guess he didn't run away completely.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Dammit,
Palm. Wonder if that was actually her. If that was her, kinda hoping she's awesome enough to still be on the side of good after whatever they've done to her.

Totally forgot about
teleport man being part of the action. Guess he didn't run away completely.

Palm looks weird in the ED. Like she has scales or something in her arms... I wonder what the hell happened to her.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Awesome episode! That punch from Knuckle was so epic, I swear. Shit is about to continue to hit the fan next episode!

Haven't read the manga of Chimera Ant since the series was getting updated every now and then but details are sketchy. I forgot how much pressure Togashi puts the protags under like holyshit this really is intense, Morel losing his pipe. I don't think a Shounen has ever put me on edge like HxH.

zulux21

Haven't read the manga of Chimera Ant since the series was getting updated every now and then but details are sketchy. I forgot how much pressure Togashi puts the protags under like holyshit this really is intense, Morel losing his pipe. I don't think a Shounen has ever put me on edge like HxH.

I would likely have to think and compare for long long running shonen shows, but both series of FMA put me far more on the edge then at any point in HxH (brotherhood more than the original)... Heck I am not even sure if this has outdone yu yu hakusho yet.

of course if the narrator wasn't yapping on and on that could be a different case, but alas every little thing has to be described in tiny detail often taking away any tension as it often heavily hints to what is to come. Thinking back I suppose abusing the narrator is a common thing with the creator as the narrator was used quite a bit in yu yu as well (though it didn't drive me crazy as it actually felt like he was giving useful info in yu yu here it just feels like he is explaining what we should already know from watching)

For some reason I never actually put that link together. Hmmm
Yeah, that was the first thing I realized when I watched the episode. I can't see it being anyone else, unfortunately. I had no idea that the ED showed that, though, but that only seems to outright confirm it.

Jigolo

I watch Forneverworld sometimes, I like his hype.

I used to watch Fornever but he got out of control. His reviews are so bad now. That episode where Zeno's mission was accomplished Fornever was going out of his mind not understanding why he left.....when it was explained the episode before that he was hired only to separate the Royal Guard.

Some GIFs:
akkhNeO.gif

PYEaPwF.gif

KqSCYR4.gif

MJIaobu.gif

I really like Knuckle's punch, you can feel the heaviness

Einhander

Man, for all the risks of death and hard work Morel has been partaking in, he should have been given a spot in the
Zodiacs group.

VariantX

Comparing the pacing to DBZ is a huge disservice to HxH.

Yep. There hasn't been an episode yet where we didn't get something out of it. DBZ had namek explode for weeks and absolutely nothing happened in terms of moving the story forward or giving the viewer any new information.

TheChits

Gon is so based right now. WOW Knov looks awful. The resolution to that battle was completely unexpected. Knuckle releasing his ability and Youpi finally acknowledging their efforts and letting them live.
This show is unpredictable and I love it

FluxWaveZ

This guy...
Knuckle is crazy. Because of his antics, he's almost gotten himself killed multiple times and he almost got everyone killed by releasing APR. Morel should have smacked him.

And yeah, Knov looks absolutely terrible. I'm guessing it's going to be Knuckle vs. Pouf, but I'm really not convinced Knuckle is that great anymore. Morel and Shoot are out of the picture for good, it seems, and Youpi's gone to experience the world, so that only leaves Gon, Killua, Meleoron, Ikalgo and Knuckle vs. Pitou, Pouf and whatever Palm does to shake things up when she returns.

Blades64

Banned
Wow. That was so unpredictable. Crazy!

I wanted to smack Knuckle when he released APR though...

Eagerly anticipating when the focus is back on Gon. His resolve has not budged an inch.

Wow. That was so unpredictable. Crazy!

I wanted to smack Knuckle when he released APR though...

Eagerly anticipating when the focus is back on Gon. His resolve has not budged an inch.

When I first read that part in the manga I wanted to smack Knuckle upside the head.
ffs if he had managed to stall for another minute or two he could have killed Youpi.

The timer in the manga should have been incorporated into the anime imo.
For people who like to read the manga chapters after watching the episodes, DO NOT DO THIS ANYMORE. Madhouse is moving the order of things around, and you will spoil things if you attempt to read.

Wait, we're already at THAT part of the Youpi fight? I really need to watch this when I get home.

When I first read that part in the manga I wanted to smack Knuckle upside the head.
ffs if he had managed to stall for another minute or two he could have killed Youpi.

This page in the manga shows how much time has passed when Knuckle did this. The timer in the manga should have been incorporated into the anime imo.
For people who like to read the manga chapters after watching the episodes, DO NOT DO THIS ANYMORE. Madhouse is moving the order of things around, and you will spoil things if you attempt to read.

You probably want to remove that link and if you really want to show that page you should reupload it somewhere else and without the watermark

Jigolo

WTFFFFF. KNUCKLE YOU DUMBASS! (I'm actually happy he did it....
I definitely did not want Morel to die.

I wonder where the dragon actually landed....

What a disappointing episode.
We spent over ten weeks on these losers taking up tons of screentime only to see them lose and Youpi walk away, not even taking any damage?! This is problematic writing at its finest.

Only praiseworthy thing is it actually surprising us by not making Youpi not seem as battle crazed as he initially seemed to be, so kudos to Togashi for doing that for him, its always nice to see a writer go against the grain.

Erigu

In case it got people wondering, the translation did mess up when Youpi was speculating as to what he had just happened to Morel (
he struck after Morel disappeared (not before), and yet there was blood
).

Something the manga made clear but the animated adaptation didn't was that
Youpi was merely 4 to 5 seconds away from being bankrupt (not that the characters knew that)

It's possible that he had done all his lines for the remainder this arc already, given the infrequency of his appearances.
Not how it works, so don't count on it, really.

Something the manga made clear but the animated adaptation didn't was that
Youpi was merely 4 to 5 seconds away from being bankrupt (not that the characters knew that)

I think it was a bit longer than that, but Knuckle should have done the math before hand. :/ I understand why he made the decision, but I think he could have kept APR up and avoided Morel's death. Or maybe I'm just a dreamer.

Edit: Also, Meleoron could have dragged Morel to safety while Youpi was distracted by Knuckle.

Jigolo

He wouldn't have gotten far. From the shock of Knuckle showing himself plus the fear that Youpi was following them because of the blood. He wouldn't be able to hold his breath long enough. Not only that but Youpi was going to ignore Knuckle and keep following the blood....

Erigu

I think it was a bit longer than that
It wasn't.
The timer read "0:07:53:49" when the narration said Youpi would be bankrupt in 3 minutes and 50 seconds, and "0:11:39:07" when Knuckle let go of him. That's 3 minutes, 45 seconds and some change.

Knuckle should have done the math before hand. :/
How? He didn't know how much "aura" Youpi had exactly. Nobody had any way to tell.

I watched again, this one was pretty awesome.

I really thought he killed Morel at the beginning when he was first slicing the clones. The smoke effect was delayed it seemed. I thought he cut him good! hehe.

Also Knov looking all sickly was weird. What is happening to him?

Also, was Youpi heading toward the King or just going of into the world?

Top Bottom