• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

FluxWaveZ

He made the right decision. Morel must live no matter what.

In retrospect, but at the moment Morel could have died along with Meleoron AND Knuckle. It was a ridiculously risky, stupid decision.

Kinda like what Morel pulled in his smoke jail. Sure, that might have saved Knuckle, but it was a dumb decision in the moment.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just a small reminder to those who do read the manga (like me), Volume 32 (in English) comes out April 4th!

The HxH figma action figures (Gon, Killua and Kurapika as of now) are also for pre-order on amazon if you didn't get them from an importer.

Gon is only $40 with free shipping.

Gon
Killua
Kurapika

fawaz

Banned
I don't know why people are saying they failed. Their objective was to separate the RG from the king. They did an awesome job and none of them is dead. According to Knov the king is now beyond the RG's reach.

The only problem now is Gon. Having completed their task they should leave and capture Pito later when they regain their strength. But I as sure Gon will not comply.

Daingurse

He wussed out, but I still think he is a good character. Good characters can still fail.

I still like Knuckle. I respect his values and still think he's a great character, but he still disappointed me.

I hope this doesn't come back to haunt him, which would justify his choice in the end, but Hunter x Hunter isn't nice, so I doubt that there won't be consequences for this.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I was scanning the new releases on Anime news network, for the hunter x hunter movie that I'm hoping hits bluray soon... I saw there was a new volume coming out. I read the description and really really wish I didn't.

I'm hating Knuckle right now. That was so dumb and typical. They were so *close* to bankrupting Youpi.

Honestly, I really feel the difference in the writing quality starting with the actual invasion, which is supposedly the point where Togashi had a long hiatus.

hat_hair

I'm hating Knuckle right now. That was so dumb and typical. They were so *close* to bankrupting Youpi.

Honestly, I really feel the difference in the writing quality starting with the actual invasion, which is supposedly the point where Togashi had a long hiatus.

I'm not sure how this is bad writing when they've shown again and again that Knuckle is a massive softie. He acted entirely in-character, even if it wasn't the best action for the mission.

Jigolo

I thought I remember reading last week that the Netero v. Meruem fight was done in a straight set of chapters in the manga. Anyone mind telling me how many chapters? I want to calculate how many episodes the fight will be

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I thought I remember reading last week that the Netero v. Meruem fight was done in a straight set of chapters in the manga. Anyone mind telling me how many chapters? I want to calculate how many episodes the fight will be
Answer to above question, with manga chapter number spoilers:
The fight between Meruem and Netero is shown on the following chapters of the manga:

- About half of chapter 288.
- Last half of chapter 290 (manga went on hiatus after this one)
- Chapters 291-292
- Last two pages of chapter 296
- Chapters 297-298

So, all in all, about five chapters. In the manga, the contents of anime episode 121 were told in chapter 289.

I'm not sure how this is bad writing when they've shown again and again that Knuckle is a massive softie. He acted entirely in-character, even if it wasn't the best action for the mission.

So do I. But I don't think you mean what I mean.

There's so much "tell rather than show" when the invasion started. Too much padding! I don't need to know every single thought each character gets, which can get very repetitious or obvious in nature. They felt less like thoughts and more like rambling just to stretch into 22mins. In the previous ep (?) we got a recap of some events... that happened minutes ago in the same ep. So much time was spent watching Shoot dodging Youpi and Shoot floating in the white screen. The completely entirety of Morel's Smoky Jail could have been cut down in like half instead of several minutes for several eps. What did we need to accomplish in all the time spent inside Smoky Jail? Morel can't attack because the nature of Pouf's Nen is unknown, Pouf can read state of mind, Pouf can split, what else? They could have just shown Morel thinking "It's been 10 minutes, something must be up but it could be a trap. But both waiting and attacking can have unknown consequences anyway so might as well try to break the cocoon".

Some characters also very abruptly changed. I'm not buying Youpi suddenly having the spirit of a warrior who wants to let his enemies live so they can fight again. Not just a regular fight, but "fight as equals". Really? Pitou also suddenly became more human. Was it because she saw how much the King cared for Komugi? Someone as vicious as her, someone whose aura can frighten Knov into baldness, be moved by the King's attitude towards Komugi?

York Shin was also a very talkative arc, but the dialogue always moved the plot forward. This arc isn't finished yet, but if in the grand scheme of things Welfin's rambling leads to no closure (even him just dying), I'll be pissed.

Only things I truly liked since the invasion started were Gon's breakdown, Silva/Zeno's appearance and SSJ2 Killua. This portion of the arc felt like it could have been paced or rearranged better. Show me stuff first, let me be aghast at what just happened then fill me in on the details so I can even better appreciate what happened.
- Killua vs Jones. Wow. A kid just ripped the heart of a serial killer. Oh he's a pro assassin? Awesome.
- Hisoka vs the doubler dude in Heaven's Arena. Just showing, then brief comments on what happened, not spending a lot of time hearing the doubler dude's every inner thought.
- Feitan vs the chimera. They show the other Spiders crapping their pants when Feitan started talking in Chinese. Feitan demonstrates power and kills ant. We hear the ant's thoughts, but things are still moving forward, not in a frequent frozen time loop that plagued the invasion.

and so on

@Wolf

The Royal Guards were just born in the world and so is the King. I don't find it strange that they are maturing.

King was totally understandable since he spent a lot of time with Komugi who kept surprising him. Pitou just saw King begging her to save Komugi and that's that. She's not the murderous character who keeps smiling. Youpi just realizes he can focus his rage or something, so he transformed from this dumb crazy scary transforming murder machine to an honorable warrior who wants to keep his opponents alive (??) for more fair fights (?????).

Yonafunu

That's not true. And all in all, the fight will probably be around
episodes.

MCD

@Wolf

The Royal Guards were just born in the world and so is the King. I don't find it strange that they are maturing.

upandaway

Pitou also suddenly became more human. Was it because she saw how much the King cared for Komugi? Someone as vicious as her, someone whose aura can frighten Knov into baldness, be moved by the King's attitude towards Komugi?
I'm not sure what you mean by "human". Pitou was moved by being relied on by the King, and she's acting helpless and desperate because that's her situation right now. To begin with she never showed cruelty if it wasn't for a specific purpose, her only real personality trait was being playful.
I'm saying she because you said she.

Jigolo

Answer to above question, with manga chapter number spoilers:
The fight between Meruem and Netero is shown on the following chapters of the manga:

- About half of chapter 288.
- Last half of chapter 290 (manga went on hiatus after this one)
- Chapters 291-292
- Last two pages of chapter 296
- Chapters 297-298

So, all in all, about five chapters. In the manga, the contents of anime episode 121 were told in chapter 289.

That's not true. And all in all, the fight will probably be around
episodes.

Thanks.

I'm enjoying the writing even more now that the ant's are maturing. I love the fact that all of them are showing more emotion in these episodes. Anger - Youpi. Fear - Pitou. Pouf has always been emotional though, lol. Also that fucking Youpi though "You look like a fly that's about to die. And yet, that's what makes you guy's amazing"

The ants are becoming more human.

I don't see how the changes in these characters are abrupt they are all pretty much babies in terms of when they were born but with adult intellect so it shouldn't be strange that the experience they are now having are changing them.

Yonafunu

Especially Youpi is only now using his powers for the first time. During the invasion is the first time he's ever fought, or even done anything, really. At least Pitou fought Kite and developed Dr Blight, and Pouf had his scales and his ability to choose nen-abilities for others. They've had more time and opportunity to grow. That's not to say they're not still children, but less so than Youpi.

Daingurse

Thanks.

I'm enjoying the writing even more now that the ant's are maturing. I love the fact that all of them are showing more emotion in these episodes. Anger - Youpi. Fear - Pitou. Pouf has always been emotional though, lol. Also that fucking Youpi though "You look like a fly that's about to die. And yet, that's what makes you guy's amazing"

The ants are becoming more human.

Youpi has no human in him though(unless the Queen did have human characteristics?), which makes his transformation even more intriguing to me.

Jigolo

Youpi has no human in him though(unless the Queen did have human characteristics?), which makes his transformation even more intriguing to me.
most of the stronger ants are made up by humans/animals. the only difference with youpi is that he is made up by humans/animals/mythical beasts. so youpi is special which is why he can shape shift

upandaway

Dang that was intense whenever Netero moved. The music that plays whenever he does, holy crap.
Also the whole conversation was crazy. Who'd think Netero would use that at the end.

Ohh... they didn't use the exact phrasing that in the manga. Meruem has there one of the most badassses lines ever done:

"The only thing you can hope to trade with me... are words".

It's different and less epic in the anime.

Ohh... they didn't use the exact phrasing that in the manga. Meruem has there one of the most badassses lines ever done:

"The only thing you can hope to trade with me... are words".

It's different and less epic in the anime.

Yeah dude I was a little disappointed when he didn't say this, that is such a badass line.

Great Episode! Only makes waiting another week even harder...

From the preview it looks like they're skipping around 5 chapters ahead next episode? Why would they do this? (Ep 122 ended at the end of ch. 290, and the interaction b/w Ikalgo and Welfin is in ch. 295

FluxWaveZ

I kind of have some difficulty understanding why Netero won't just... talk? Talking and understanding one another is good. Better than fighting.

Guess it might have something to do with what he said about the King wavering between human and bug.

Ghost King

Neo Member
@Wolf Akela

The ant's change is not like you say, is not like Youpi has the "spirit of a warrior", since the beginning he didn't care about the hunters he just wanted to get near the king again and the hunters weren't allowing him to get there, then in the fight he sudden realizes that he was growing, if he hadn't fought he would be a dumb guy with too much power again, he doesn't care about fighting them again, for him it was like some bug that was pestering him but that caused his grew and It's not worth to kill them. He grew from pure instinct and "dumb" thinking, to somebody who can actually think the consequences from his actions and the growing that becomes with them.

For Pitou, The king begged for it to take care of Komugi, for Pitou It was the biggest honor and task that It could be recieved that's why Pitou doesn't have that killer instinct as It's only focused on keeping Komugi alive, and scared that gon could kill her, that's why you don't see it being like before, Pitou hasn't changed.

(Sorry If my english is not good enough, I may have some mistakes here and there)

I kind of have some difficulty understanding why Netero won't just... talk? Talking and understanding one another is good. Better than fighting.

Guess it might have something to do with what he said about the King wavering between human and bug.

I suppose
it's the real veterancy in life of Netero makes him know that ants and humans will never reach an agreement, much less with Meruem pretensions of ruling the world and being a benign dictator. Even if he would be good at it, humans wouldn't accept him, Meruem is still a child in knowledge of humans, but Netero is a cynical old man and knows the truth.

Top Bottom