• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I'll like to join in the "HOLY SHIT" train, even if I already read the manga. Madhouse deserves all the chops for this production.

Netero's shit-eating grin at the end was perfect to show that the King never stood a chance.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_n4g43q4eYr1sn6k4fo2_1280.gif

tumblr_n4g43q4eYr1sn6k4fo1_1280.gif

tumblr_n4g7flGvJR1s50lneo1_500.gif

Goddamn nightmare fuel.

upandaway

You guys only watching the anime are so lucky. You get all this crazy stuff and by the time it's done the manga will be waiting for you weekly to carry the torch.

Daingurse

once it goes on hiatus again they will know true pain as we have.

Man, another hiatus after this new run would be my third hiatus. I'm not ready for that shit, it's why I dropped the manga initially, knowing full well behind the scribbles there was greatness.

This adaptation is fucking amazing. I loved seeing things escalate into this shit we have now. Now it's Gon's time.

Jigolo

HXH MANGA IS BACK? EPISODE 126? THIS IS THE BEST TUESDAY OF ALL TIME

ihcvP8JaCv47T.gif

Great Power x And x Ultimate Power (Episode 125)

Another fantastic episode.

I’ll start with the first half of the episode. Oh man, the mental battles are so awesome. I love the way Gon just buds into the conversation between Knuckle and Pouf. I wonder if that is the real Pouf or not (I believe it is a clone and the real one is with Youpi). I found Pouf’s exit to be hilarious. “Ten fewer minutes” – God damn. GOD DAMN. I still don’t quite understand what made Pitou flip. Gon understanding Pouf’s plan? What exactly is Pouf’s plan? Kill Gon for the King’s sake? It’s strange, since Gon is literally no threat to the King. I hope someone could explain this for me, UNLESS it’s explained at a later episode. I hope Knuckle does not face that clone.

The second half was great. The animation was gorgeous. Netero is a fucking beast, I now see why people like Hisoka, Chrollo would be no match. Dude is so freaking fast that the King can’t even keep up. I loved the backstory and now I want to see prime Netero against the King :D. Although I do think (confidently) prime Netero would beat the King.

But Togashi giving us 120s year old Netero vs the King is awesome too.

Netero was constantly breaking the King’s guard and fuck, the ninety-ninth hand move was one of the most beautiful attacks I’ve ever seen. King seems to be taking minimal to no damage, but I do think he is beginning to read Netero’s movements. I can’t underestimate the King here but while he was being knocked around, regardless of how slow time was going he seemed to be laser focused on Netero and I do think he will be able to counter Netero somehow later in the fight. I wonder if that last frame is actually an attack or Netero is just showing love for someone making him fight to his full extent finally. lol

Some GIFs I found. Also please don’t credit me for gifs, I don’t deserve it since I find these on the web (usually reddit). Hell I can’t even make a gif

TanWideFruitfly.gif

16YG1ua.gif

Zero x And x Rose (Episode 126)

3 fantastic episodes in a row and this was the best one. Actually this is the best episode of all of HXH and one of the best episodes of ANIME of all time.

Togashi :bow:
Madhouse :bow:

I feel like Netero being all grateful and thankful for this episode. hehe

My jaw was on the floor during the whole thing. Literally. I could not close my mouth while watching this. I’m shook with goosebumps.

From the get go the episode was already into the action. The animation of this episode was perfect. Absolutely perfect. Lets start from how just how fucking fast both the King and Netero are, I mean that whole sequence of the first half of the episode encompassed less than 1 minute. Little effect from lady guanyin on the King which honestly was making me fear for Netero and I was right. The King is extremely powerful. I cannot even imagine someone stronger than him. It’s absolutely incredible how smart and fast the King is, it’s almost OK for him to be as cocky as he was. Both of them acknowledging each other was awesome to watch. Especially when the King first realized Netero’s true feelings, that he wasn’t fighting for hate, but that Netero absolutely loved it and was grateful to challenge someone as powerful as the King. The “almighty king” has finally recognized someone else’s greatness. That scene was absolutely awesome considering all we’ve seen from the King so far.

Once the Meruem ripped off Netero’s leg I realized that is was over for Netero. Although that was so badass that Netero never lost his resolve or even waiver (I expected no less from him). Next was his arm and boom I thought he was finished (and apparently so did the King lol). When Meruem sat down I just started laughing. I was just thinking no more prayer that is checkmate it was over………………… NOPE. Zero Hand. What an awesome attack. It was absolutely beautiful. It looked as though he was going to take the King into another dimension with all those colors. Jesus that was amazing. I don’t even want to explain the attack for those who might accidentally click and read this spoiler post. You have to see Zero Hand. BTW I liked the Gungi references during the fight.

Fuck. Netero’s body was just a fucking mess. He finally looked like he was 120 something years old. He was like a zombie, just barely hanging on to his life. Out walks the King in the aftermath of the attack and guess what. He finally took some damage from a single blow. I’m happy Netero told the King his name before he collapsed or so I thought. Zombie Netero unleashes the worst aura ever that even Meruem gets scared for the first time ever (LEGIT SHOOK). The flashing skulls was an awesome touch, death was upon them. The Grim Reaper was coming and he was about to take Meruem. That organization that controls Netero is just cruel. It’s like Netero was saying if you think Chimera Ants are evil you don’t know about humans; they are more EVIL. Science! BOOM.

Although this just seemed like a battle episode, there was a lot of depth to it I felt. But my write up is more of a reaction/hype overload :D

The best 20 min to ever grace anime.

Glad to be back

Mortemis

Banned
once it goes on hiatus again they will know true pain as we have.

It's okay. After a while they'll just be used to it and it'll feel like there wasn't a hiatus at all.
;_;

Once this anime ends, I for one can't wait for the third HxH anime remake when the manga is over in like 10-20 years.

Cwarrior

HxH 126- you think I can not pray with a single arm

Truly an insanely amazing episode never has there been anything quite like this, chimera ant arc is one of a kind.

Superb art,animation,direction and use of music...this is Perfection

upandaway

Great Power x And x Ultimate Power (Episode 125)

Another fantastic episode.

I’ll start with the first half of the episode. Oh man, the mental battles are so awesome. I love the way Gon just buds into the conversation between Knuckle and Pouf. I wonder if that is the real Pouf or not (I believe it is a clone and the real one is with Youpi). I found Pouf’s exit to be hilarious. “Ten fewer minutes” – God damn. GOD DAMN. I still don’t quite understand what made Pitou flip. Gon understanding Pouf’s plan? What exactly is Pouf’s plan? Kill Gon for the King’s sake? It’s strange, since Gon is literally no threat to the King. I hope someone could explain this for me, UNLESS it’s explained at a later episode. I hope Knuckle does not face that clone.
The "plan" was referring to Pouf and Pitou trying to sneak by Gon in the conversation, so that Pitou can tell Pouf where the king went without ticking off Gon. Then Gon mentioned it casually in their face, like he knew exactly what they were trying to do behind his back. I'd get creeped out too.

Pitou acknowledges that anyone that can use Nen and has enough willpower can be a threat to the King. You should know the same when you look at someone like Kurapika, in the forecast he cleaned up half of the dang Spiders alone. There's no way Pitou can stay calm.

Episode 126 spoilers

This was one of the best fights in shonen history. Netero is the original bad ass. The Third Hokage and old man Yamamoto (Bleach) have nothing on him.
I'm not even sad that Netero died;
what he did this episode was that awesome.
Seeing him with two missing limbs on the ground and looking so old and weak, I felt pity for him. It was like all his efforts were in vain. I loved how he laughed each time I thought he lost, what a bad ass. His final laugh was insane, though. The bomb was something that no other shonen series could do.

For those of you who haven't watched it yet, this is a Kurapika-tier fight.

Jigolo

The "plan" was referring to Pouf and Pitou trying to sneak by Gon in the conversation, so that Pitou can tell Pouf where the king went without ticking off Gon. Then Gon mentioned it casually in their face, like he knew exactly what they were trying to do behind his back. I'd get creeped out too.

Pitou acknowledges that anyone that can use Nen and has enough willpower can be a threat to the King. You should know the same when you look at someone like Kurapika, in the forecast he cleaned up half of the dang Spiders alone. There's no way Pitou can stay calm.

Yup that makes sense. Thanks.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
isxXouLY5nooV.gif

Ohh the irony

Indiscriminate indeed.

Goddamn. That episode was greatness. After I watched it, I had to watch the last 2 episodes back to back, to get the full effect.
A fucking bomb, man. I was expecting several scenarios of death, but not mutually assured destruction.

Fucking a', man. Time for GON. (hopefully)

GWX

Holy shit. Fucking amazing episode. I think it's the best one yet, I mean, it hits all the right notes
(and concludes with a bomb shell, pun intended)
. Can't wait for what's next (I hope it's Gon... It's time).

Vecks

This episode was great, but now that
Netero is dead, it just makes me feel so sad that the original voice actor died just months before he could finish his role.

Ultimatum

Banned
omg what an episode

I was expecting them to ruin it by jumping to some characters no one cares about BUT THEY DIDNT AND IT WAS SO GOOD

Kieli

Seconded.

Kudos for them to have 24 minutes of uninterrupted based Netero vs. Mereum. It just elevates the episode that much more.

WHAT? How can you top THAT?!

Hehe :D

But yeah I was scared they wouldn't pull this off but I think not only did they pulled it off well but its even better than the manga's version.

I believe the week when this happen was also close to the week when Whitebeard died in One Piece in the manga greatest shounen old man week that was.

Kieli

But yeah I was scared they wouldn't pull this off but I think not only did they pulled it off well but its even better than the manga's version.

I believe the week when this happen was also close to the week when Whitebeard died in One Piece in the manga greatest shounen old man week that was.

Love live the badass grandpa trope. Banzai!

vareon

Ah, I remember that week. I remember three old man (with Bleach's Yamamoto, I think?) being super awesome in the span of one month.

Daingurse

Fuck it, I'm reading the manga. This episode has got me by the balls, and I've already been exposed to too many spoilers anyway. I don't think knowing the story will diminish this greatness.

Moaradin

Fuck man, I resisted this long. I think I can handle it. Once the show is all caught up and new manga chapters are being released, then that's when all bets are off.

Jigolo

Fuck man, I resisted this long. I think I can handle it. Once the show is all caught up and new manga chapters are being released, then that's when all bets are off.
I'm going to start reading on a week by week basis once the anime adaptation stops. Whether they take a break or fillers I'm going to start then. I hope they take a break because Madhouse is really doing a fantastic job.

Fuck it, I'm reading the manga. This episode has got me by the balls, and I've already been exposed to too many spoilers anyway. I don't think knowing the story will diminish this greatness.

nooo don't trust me something is gonna happen that will be even more awesome if you're seeing the first time animated

This episode was great, but now that
Netero is dead, it just makes me feel so sad that the original voice actor died just months before he could finish his role.

It would have been fitting if he were able to had finished it :(

Do it. Do it.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm too weak.

tumblr_mlffvfLQAP1ryy5v4o1_400.gif

No regrets. Just can't wait to see what I'm reading animated now, lol.

But you're so close, at least wait a couple weeks. Close to what I'm not going to say, but just trust me and wait. It'll probablybe much more enjoyable seeing it for the first time animated.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So heard the news
HXH anme saved, speaking of which im several episodes behind but forgot the number, can someone remind me?
The episode I believe I left off on Morel almost died by Youpi but was rescued and youpi discovered honor and decided to let him live

Top Bottom