• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Yonafunu

Any manga readers can let me know up to which chapters its safe to read? Haven't read in over a month due to the change in the order the anime was covering the writing

It's a bit tricky. Chapter 298 covers the last five minutes or so of episode 126, but also covers events from next episode. So technically it's fine to read the first 8 pages.
Everything after those pages is next week's episode.

So next week's episode looks to be the aftermath. Afterwards we might get one more episode of other stuff then finally focus on Gon and Pitou. So anywhere between 2-3 weeks hopefully, unless another battle needs to occur.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
So next week's episode looks to be the aftermath. Afterwards we might get one more episode of other stuff then finally focus on Gon and Pitou. So anywhere between 2-3 weeks hopefully, unless another battle needs to occur.

There will be another battle or two

I can't help but to think Mr. Butterfly is not going to take any of this well :/ I'm really looking forward to see what he plays in the coming conflicts.

Nibel

Nibel X Hunter 126

The best episode of the entire arc. Possibly the best episode of the entire series.

I'm not sure what to write.

Arken2121

An interesting thing of note about this fight also is that the King did not use a single Nen ability and still beast Netero

Yeah I was pretty sad about that. As one of the "strongest" nen fighters who's trained for over 100 years being bested by something younger than one doesn't sit well with me. Oh wellz.

Kyuur

An interesting thing of note about this fight also is that the King did not use a single Nen ability and still beast Netero

Well, sort of. The King's specialization is that he can absorb aura by consuming Nen users. Who knows how many users he consumed off screen, leading him to have the required aura to sufficiently guard and increase his speed vs Netero.

The episodes narration was definitely more "yay humanity" here with "Humanity can evolve also" as opposed to the written version's "You know nothing of the bottomless malice within the human heart" before the rose.

In the manga, it was both (the word used could be read as both "evolution" and "malice"). I guess it didn't translate to animation too well.

Philippo

This episode.
Oh my god.
This was beyond epicness.

The way both Meruem and Netero shows their respect to the other, man that was manly as fuck.
Also the weird/creepy direction of last minutes, with the King realising human potential and feling fear for the first time.

There are not enough 10s for this episode (and series).

Jigolo

lLtnVuT.png

Kyuur

I've always wondered since I saw that panel in the manga (one of my favorites), is Netero actually flipping off the king while he uses the Zero (with his thumb and index finger), or is that some kind of symbol?

Jigolo

I've always wondered since I saw that panel in the manga (one of my favorites), is Netero actually flipping off the king while he uses the Zero (with his thumb and index finger), or is that some kind of symbol?

c'mon now. you really think that's one of his hand signs? lol

Daingurse

Finished reading the Chimera Ant arc last night, people were not fucking joking about shit getting even better. Think this arc will go down as one of the greatest of all time for Shounen anime, when it's complete. Cannot wait to see the res of the episodes. Definitely need to start picking up the manga volumes too.

He definitely does have Nen. They show his aura multiple times, he just doesn't use a nen ability in battle.

Never saw him use a single Nen ability in that fight, just pure Enhancement and speed. However I myself was getting confused where the King's natural durability starts, and ends. I assume he tanked everything with his Aura, but I bet his physical durability is simply insane as well.

Soriku

Is flipping the bird offensive in Japanese culture? Why do I suspect it doesn't mean anything over there...

IIRC no. Though it gets used in anime sometimes.

Also I completely didn't realize the King was holding back on Nen abilities. He doesn't even need any.

Lulubop

IIRC no. Though it gets used in anime sometimes.

Also I completely didn't realize the King was holding back on Nen abilities. He doesn't even need any.

He doesn't seem have combat abilities. His abilities is consume other peoples nen by devouring them and incorporating it into his own. That said I believe he is so powerful because his ability was the perfect compliment to his mother's need to eat, which later became an obsession of eating people with nen.

Daingurse

Remember when Killua said he could kill Netero whenever he wanted?

:lol :lol

Dude can compress time. Killua even with God Speed, would not be ready lol.

I would have loved to Netero put the hands on someone who wasn't the King's strong ass. Guess that new movie will have that.

Finished reading the Chimera Ant arc last night, people were not fucking joking about shit getting even better. Think this arc will go down as one of the greatest of all time for Shounen anime, when it's complete. Cannot wait to see the res of the episodes. Definitely need to start picking up the manga volumes too.

Never saw him use a single Nen ability in that fight, just pure Enhancement and speed. However I myself was getting confused where the King's natural durability starts, and ends. I assume he tanked everything with his Aura, but I bet his physical durability is simply insane as well.

He definitely does use Nen in battle, but he doesn't have a specific ability like Netero's 100 hand or Gon's Jajanken that he uses. It's all just pure aura manipulation/natural strength I think.

One of my favorite moments in anime history is near the end of this arc. I can't wait to see it animated.

and hisoka is still nowhere to be found lol i only can imagine what will happen if someone tells him what he missed ^^°

374px-Hisoka-epicface.jpg

You know we've spent such a long time in the Chimera Arc that I've almost forgotten about the other characters like Hisoka and Kurapika. And that dude with the glasses and the suit, w/e his name was.

Nibel

There is just so much stuff in this fight.. I mean, the King represents ultimate Nen power and Netero couldn't really harm him with regular attacks - and all this time we are believing that the Ant King is the strongest being on earth; a monster that can't feel pain or can't be harmed.

There are so many animes where characters with uber strength can't be damaged by anything and we have been conditioned to believe this fact by dozens of other mangas and shounen stories when the reality is that humans already created technology capable of wiping out entire landscapes in mere milliseconds. All this time the Ant King thought this was a one-vs-one fight with fists and power, that he can rule the world with his incredible physical strength; a illusion he unconsciously created for himself since he doesn't know anything of the world or humans and how far these have already advanced. There is a much bigger power than physical strength, and it was created by humans themselves.

Netero always respected the power of the King, but the fight was already decided from the beginning. He knew that there is something more dangerous than Nen or martial arts, and keeps looking down at the Ant King; to him, that King is nothing more than a mere peasant, a little child with no real knowledge.

That short moment of fear that the Ant King felt was a wake-up call: there is something worse and more cruel than Chimera Ants, and that's humanity.

And the fact that the bomb used was being called 'Rose' and used by 'dictators of small countries' was the almost best thing in the entire episode to me; that message in this information is just soooo huge, I could write another paragraph about it

Togashi is a amazing guy

Top Bottom