• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

RoyalFool

Banned
If they have tiny cheap nukes that do more damage than 100 years of solid training... Why do they even bother fighting? Drop one on the kings castle - bam job done. Except for that silliness this episode was bloody awesome. Netero was such a bad ass.

Kieli

There is just so much stuff in this fight.. I mean, the King represents ultimate Nen power and Netero couldn't really harm him with regular attacks - and all this time we are believing that the Ant King is the strongest being on earth; a monster that can't feel pain or can't be harmed.

There are so many animes where characters with uber strength can't be damaged by anything and we have been conditioned to believe this fact by dozens of other mangas and shounen stories when the reality is that humans already created technology capable of wiping out entire landscapes in mere milliseconds. All this time the Ant King thought this was a one-vs-one fight with fists and power, that he can rule the world with his incredible physical strength; a illusion he unconsciously created for himself since he doesn't know anything of the world or humans and how far these have already advanced. There is a much bigger power than physical strength, and it was created by humans themselves.

Netero always respected the power of the King, but the fight was already decided from the beginning. He knew that there is something more dangerous than Nen or martial arts, and keeps looking down at the Ant King; to him, that King is nothing more than a mere peasant, a little child with no real knowledge.

That short moment of fear that the Ant King felt was a wake-up call: there is something worse and more cruel than Chimera Ants, and that's humanity.

And the fact that the bomb used was being called 'Rose' and used by 'dictators of small countries' was the almost best thing in the entire episode to me; that message in this information is just soooo huge, I could write another paragraph about it

Togashi is a amazing guy

Absolutely agreed. This was the type of interpretation that enabled me to appreciate the scene.

zero_suit

If they have tiny cheap nukes that do more damage than 100 years of solid training... Why do they even bother fighting? Drop one on the kings castle - bam job done. Except for that silliness this episode was bloody awesome. Netero was such a bad ass.

Too many innocent citizens in the vicinity of the castle

Weren't ~5 million of them chosen for the selection?

There is just so much stuff in this fight.. I mean, the King represents ultimate Nen power and Netero couldn't really harm him with regular attacks - and all this time we are believing that the Ant King is the strongest being on earth; a monster that can't feel pain or can't be harmed.

There are so many animes where characters with uber strength can't be damaged by anything and we have been conditioned to believe this fact by dozens of other mangas and shounen stories when the reality is that humans already created technology capable of wiping out entire landscapes in mere milliseconds. All this time the Ant King thought this was a one-vs-one fight with fists and power, that he can rule the world with his incredible physical strength; a illusion he unconsciously created for himself since he doesn't know anything of the world or humans and how far these have already advanced. There is a much bigger power than physical strength, and it was created by humans themselves.

Netero always respected the power of the King, but the fight was already decided from the beginning. He knew that there is something more dangerous than Nen or martial arts, and keeps looking down at the Ant King; to him, that King is nothing more than a mere peasant, a little child with no real knowledge.

That short moment of fear that the Ant King felt was a wake-up call: there is something worse and more cruel than Chimera Ants, and that's humanity.

And the fact that the bomb used was being called 'Rose' and used by 'dictators of small countries' was the almost best thing in the entire episode to me; that message in this information is just soooo huge, I could write another paragraph about it

Togashi is a amazing guy

All of the ants in this arc had that kind of wake up call.

Kieli

They wanted to minimize casualties, I think. Doesn't really explain the dragon dive, though.

RoyalFool

Banned
They wanted to minimize casualties, I think. Doesn't really explain the dragon dive, though.

What about the nest in the middle of nowhere earlier in the arc? You even have the guy who can bloody teleport things in to places so The nukes seem out of place in the HxH universe if you ask me.

Lulubop

There are reasons.

Also the dragon dive was used directly on the palace, a place only chimera ants were presumed to be in.

Yonafunu

They only used the Dragon Dive in the direct vincity of the palace though. Since it's a Nen attack the range can be determined pretty safely, I assume. If Zeno wants it to only cover the palace, it will only cover the palace.

They only used the Dragon Dive in the direct vincity of the palace though. Since it's a Nen attack the range can be determined pretty safely, I assume. If Zeno wants it to only cover the palace, it will only cover the palace.

Zeno says himself how he has never killed an innocent while on a mission, the DD was a calculated move meant only for the Ants, Komugi was a factor that no one saw coming.

Daingurse

He definitely does use Nen in battle, but he doesn't have a specific ability like Netero's 100 hand or Gon's Jajanken that he uses. It's all just pure aura manipulation/natural strength I think.

One of my favorite moments in anime history is near the end of this arc. I can't wait to see it animated.

Oh yeah, you're right he was using a lot of Nen abilities, just didn't didn't bust out a Hatsu. I also can't wait to see the rest of the arc animated.

Amazing episode! So glad they didn't cut away and stayed with the fight for the entire time.

I'm sure the next few episodes will deal with the fallout, but I really wanna see what happens with Gon vs Pitou!

kirblar

There are multiple reasons, you'll have them all by the time the written material finishes airing.

The only dangling plot points you'll be left with are the ones done intentionally.

Welp, I'm outta this thread until the next few eps. Even the 'there is a reason why they didn't use the nuke' talk is kinda spoilering me already. Or anything that has yet to happen in the manga really :p

fertygo

I hope the Blu Rays change some of the lines for this. For me malice > evolution (I like both terms though.

But this mistranslation is criminal. Am I allowed to post manga panels from past episodes? If not I'll remove it.

Err, didn't translation is more to how different translator interpreting thing?

And in episode Netero clearly said "Mushi" that if translated to english will mean as bug, so its not mistranslation if that what you implying.

Welp, I'm outta this thread until the next few eps. Even the 'there is a reason why they didn't use the nuke' talk is kinda spoilering me already. Or anything that has yet to happen in the manga really :p
I would have never guessed there was another reason otherwise.
Err, didn't translation is more to how different translator interpreting thing?

And in episode Netero clearly said "Mushi" that if translated to english will mean as bug, so its not mistranslation if that what you implying.
Yeah, in this situation, it would be the Japanese script/scenario writer you're having beef with. He definitely said "bug/insect".

Oh no, I'm not complaining about the teases. I know it comes with the territory of reading about these stuff on GAF and know they aren't spoilers per se. I want to have my mind blown without being told 'wait til you see the next mind blown event!', hence my voluntary black out :p

Popnbake

Well, sort of. The King's specialization is that he can absorb aura by consuming Nen users. Who knows how many users he consumed off screen, leading him to have the required aura to sufficiently guard and increase his speed vs Netero.

I don't think he consumed anyone that helped out.
The aura was mostly all him for the fight.

It's not like nen users grow on trees. :p

Erigu

An actual mistranslation would be when the king says he himself was in checkmate from the beginning, when he's actually saying that Netero was (i.e. Netero was never going to walk out of the fight alive anyway).

upandaway

Oh no, I'm not complaining about the teases. I know it comes with the territory of reading about these stuff on GAF and know they aren't spoilers per se. I want to have my mind blown without being told 'wait til you see the next mind blown event!', hence my voluntary black out :p
I think it's a legitimate thing to expect from an anime-thread to be able to enter it without worrying about those things.

People got a bit excited because of the latest episode but as long as people who are annoyed by it voice it out, it will hopefully calm down. I'm not really sure about any other solution, but I think blacking out on the thread is a shame... discussing is fun.

Soriku

An actual mistranslation would be when the king says he himself was in checkmate from the beginning, when he's actually saying that Netero was (i.e. Netero was never going to walk out of the fight alive anyway).

Oh, really? I thought it made sense in the context of the King since Netero had the nuke to use, even if he had to die himself to use it. Netero had the last laugh and such.

Erigu

Oh, really? I thought it made sense in the context of the King since Netero had the nuke to use, even if he had to die himself to use it. Netero had the last laugh and such.
Both work, which is why a lot of Japanese readers have long been confused as to whose line that was exactly: Netero's or the King's? The animated adaptation has finally clarified that.
The fact remains that the line says "you were in checkmate from the beginning", so the English translation messed up.

Yeah, the king referring to himself being checkmated makes more sense to me.
I thought that was obvious
And yet...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 124
So that's what happened to Palm.
Honestly because of Palm's characterization, Palm could have just been anry at Killua and I would be legit accept that, even if it's played up as a joke.

Daingurse

Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 124
So that's what happened to Palm.
Honestly because of Palm's characterization, Palm could have just been anry at Killua and I would be legit accept that, even if it's played up as a joke.

I think that was Palm straight up, just more unrestrained.

We should probably change the subtitle from

NO MANGA SPOILERS

to

NO MANGA DISCUSSION/TEASES

It gets as bad as aSoIaF readers who come into discussions of the tv show and drop in a pun or a hint about the future of a character and start giggling like idiots. Congratulations you read a book millions of others have

I don't mind if somebody says "there are two more fights so maybe 3-4 more episodes of bla bla" because that just tells me what to expect and it's very vague.

But if somebody says "dude if you thought that fight was awesome, later on there's a surprise fight between Kurapika and a slice of cabbage with nen powers that's like great. I can't wait till you see it" that does ruin it for me. Because now the surprise of said magical cabbage was ruined.

MCD

I am not bothered with the teasing so far.

Wow...Gon and my love Pitou are gonna fight and it's gonna be awesome you say? No fucking shit.

kirblar

The worse one that I fall though is to
"don't worry for Gon x Pitou fallout"

Geez... thanks!
Yeah, I was like... why would you say that? I keep going "Yes, X gets answered" simply to try and stop people from giving away more info than they should.

Top Bottom