• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Jigolo

I really with I could see the appeal of this arc. It's been such a decline since Yorknew city.
Heh. I could see why this arc would be unappealing to some. It's better than Yorknew in every way besides pacing.

CA > Yorknew > Hunter Exam > HA > GI

botty

Banned
Heh. I could see why this arc would be unappealing to some. It's better than Yorknew in every way besides pacing.

CA > Yorknew > Hunter Exam > HA > GI

I would put Chimera Ant in-between Heaven Arena and Greed Island. To me, everything about this arc feels really forced and over the top.

Gon and Killua meeting up with Kite right as the queen's plans begin.
The bugs being extremely over powered.
Gon's personality shift is drastic.
I feel like the story really isn't too consequential despite the threat posed.
Something about it all feels very dragon ball z, and I am not talking about the pacing or the King looking like a new Cell form.

The best part is the ending/denoument, and we're there. Curious how you feel ~12 eps from now.

I did enjoy this recent fight at least.

I would put Chimera Ant in-between Heaven Arena and Greed Island. To me, everything about this arc feels really forced and over the top.

Gon and Killua meeting up with Kite right as the queen's plans begin.
The bugs being extremely over powered.
Gon's personality shift is drastic.
I feel like the story really isn't too consequential despite the threat posed.
Something about it all feels very dragon ball z, and I am not talking about the pacing or the King looking like a new Cell form.

At least for the highlighted part, it's supposed to be explained more in the manga. Like Kite's relationship with Gon was apparently as a mentor throughout his childhood, not just a guy he met once and never again. Gon had never
really experienced loss of a loved one
and to think that not only was it
loss but torture and an insult to Kite
really broke him. Admittedly I could've used more scenes of seeing him struggle with his happy-go-lucky attitude and the new one. But the moment he snapped was amazing. That whole episode was.

botty

Banned
At least for the highlighted part, it's supposed to be explained more in the manga. Like Kite's relationship with Gon was apparently as a mentor throughout his childhood, not just a guy he met once and never again. Gon had never
really experienced loss of a loved one
and to think that not only was it
loss but torture and an insult to Kite
really broke him. Admittedly I could've used more scenes of seeing him struggle with his happy-go-lucky attitude and the new one. But the moment he snapped was amazing. That whole episode was.

I would have actually preferred some sort of filler arc that expanded on the relationship between Kite and Gon instead of the horribly paced and cringe worthy narration during the later parts of the CA arc. I truly feel like Gon and Kite's relationship was far too shallow to evoke such a dramatic reaction. Something like that should have been reserved for the death or attack on someone like Killua. Now, this isn't to say the break in itself wasn't interesting, it's just the delivery was kind of botched for me.

The problem is that Kite wasn't shown until CA, but he was shown in both the manga and original anime right at the beginning. Kite (not Ging) was pretty much the reason Gon became a Hunter Hunter.

fertygo

That thing is definitely the worst stuff that this 2011 adaptation pull, I'll just retcon it myself and follow the manga scenario.

Philippo

His Nen ability already has a crazy condition set on it- he has to pray before every strike.

Oh, never thought that was his condition, but more of a "ritual".
Welp, i guess turning something you already used to do in something to make your ability stronger it's the most logical conclusion.

edit: for those that knows how many ep are left, do you think the anime will continue it's weekly schedule, or go on hiatus while the manga restart? If so, are you expecting a long hiatus?

Mendrox

Oh, never thought that was his condition, but more of a "ritual".
Welp, i guess turning something you already used to do in something to make your ability stronger it's the most logical conclusion.

edit: for those that knows how many ep are left, do you think the anime will continue it's weekly schedule, or go on hiatus while the manga restart? If so, are you expecting a long hiatus?

If they do the next arc they will finish this summer or autum if they pace a bit slower. This arc has about...7?8? episodes left and the next one is not that long (about 12-13 episodes). I guess they will stop at one specific point and will do OVAs after that? I don't see any other way other than togashi helping them (lol).

Philippo

If they do the next arc they will finish this summer or autum if they pace a bit slower. This arc has about...7?8? episodes left and the next one is not that long (about 12-13 episodes). I guess they will stop at one specific point and will do OVAs after that? I don't see any other way other than togashi helping them (lol).

I don't know, depending on the lenght of the new arc coming out in June, they could start having "seasons" like tv shows, so enough time to ensure the quality remain the same, that the manga continues (lol) and with it returning every year it would keep it's momentum.

I mean, i could not bear infinite, non regular hiatuses from the anime.

fertygo

If let say, Togashi finish one-two arc in next 3-5 year.. they might interested to doing an sequel. But if he pull another CA arc and finish in like 2030, they might as well doing another reboot lol.

Afterall this anime adaptation is to attract new fan for the manga afterall, that's the reason behind this remake instead just making sequel for the 90's show.

I would have actually preferred some sort of filler arc that expanded on the relationship between Kite and Gon instead of the horribly paced and cringe worthy narration during the later parts of the CA arc. I truly feel like Gon and Kite's relationship was far too shallow to evoke such a dramatic reaction. Something like that should have been reserved for the death or attack on someone like Killua. Now, this isn't to say the break in itself wasn't interesting, it's just the delivery was kind of botched for me.

Man, the narration is the best. So beautiful sometimes. It gives an eerie feeling.

That thing is definitely the worst stuff that this 2011 adaptation pull, I'll just retcon it myself and follow the manga scenario.

As a manga reader, I have to say: you are wrong!

When I the Ant arc started, do you know what I thought when Kite appeared again on the manga?

I thought "who the fuck is this guy". Kite appeared briefly on the start of the manga that I read five or six years ago and never appeared again. How anyone was supposed to remember him? Putting that moment in a flashback just at the meet again solves that problem.

I think it's more like... he's done the motion so many times, that he can perform it at light speed, which ends up "feeling" like time compression, when in reality it's SUPER FREAKING FAST.

Lol yeah. The series compresses the time so we can see what the hell is happening, because if not, we only would see a blur. Time compression isn't part of the ability.

Netero already used his ability when he hit Pitou as he was falling from the sky, but at that time it was just a strange flash and Pitou went flying, without seeing or understanding what happened. He invoked the Buddha, prayed, hit Pitou, and make the Buddha disappear, all that so fast we couldn't see it.

Afterall this anime adaptation is to attract new fan for the manga afterall, that's the reason behind this remake instead just making sequel for the 90's show.

If that was the case, you'd think Shueshia would yell at Togashi to get off his ass for nearly the entire show's run.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Lol yeah. The series compresses the time so we can see what the hell is happening, because if not, we only would see a blur. Time compression isn't part of the ability.

Netero already used his ability when he hit Pitou as he was falling from the sky, but at that time it was just a strange flash and Pitou went flying, without seeing or understanding what happened. He invoked the Buddha, prayed, hit Pitou, and make the Buddha disappear, all that so fast we couldn't see it.

Yeah, Netero would have had no problem with pitou, even though he himself said he would lose, but as confirmed, netero was just being humble or maybe even bashful when saying this.

Chimera Ant build up was some of the hypest Shounen I've ever read then that hiatus hit and then gradually slither of story every few months then the arc ended. I think the problem with Chimera Ant is the really awful powerful scaling, Togashi's Nen is a really balanced system that depending on your abilities and skill you can beat a more powerful enemy potentially then Chimera Ant just became DBZ. Still probably the best arc of the series so far.

Chimera Ant build up was some of the hypest Shounen I've ever read then that hiatus hit and then gradually slither of story every few months then the arc ended. I think the problem with Chimera Ant is the really awful powerful scaling, Togashi's Nen is a really balanced system that depending on your abilities and skill you can beat a more powerful enemy potentially then Chimera Ant just became DBZ. Still probably the best arc of the series so far.

I don't think so. I was surprised to see transformed Killua able to best Youpi. The chimera ants are strong but not invincible (except maybe the king and that's debatable). We also have to keep in mind that the hunters involved in this operation are not the strongest of their kind like the chimera ants are.

comedian

I don't think so. I was surprised to see transformed Killua able to best Youpi. The chimera ants are strong but not invincible (except maybe the king and that's debatable). We also have to keep in mind that the hunters involved in this operation are not the strongest of their kind like the chimera ants are.

Kilua was able to best youpi for a few seconds until he was charged out, and even then he didn't really do much damage.

zero_suit

No, he didn't. All he did was stun Youpi.

Philippo

So who's the fastest between Netero (speed of sound?) and Killua in Godspeed mode (speed of lightning?) ?

That would have been quite a fight.

So who's the fastest between Netero (speed of sound?) and Killua in Godspeed mode (speed of lightning?) ?

I think it goes Netero and King > Killua in Godspeed mode > Royal Guards

Obviously, Killua can only maintain that speed for some seconds. Would he able to at least "spar" briefly with Netero with Godspeed? We will never know!

Well I heard from another forum some french distributor giving info that Togashi have blood disease to treat, if that true..

There are so many rumors ranging from him being addicted to Dragon Quest to being deathly ill, that I really have no idea what to believe at this point. Would be a lot easier to forgive the guy if he or Shueisha came right out and said what the deal was, but apparently celebrities making their conditions public is a big no no in Japan while they're alive.

zero_suit

I'm pretty sure Netero is a lot faster than that. Hasn't the fight with the king only last a few minutes? He's thrown thousands of punches in that time.

Philippo

I think it goes Netero and King > Killua in Godspeed mode > Royal Guards

I think it's more like Netero > King = Killua in Godspeed mode > Royal Guards

As in between lightning(being the slowest) and speed sound(fastest), there can't be that much room for a third speed(king's) to be between them.

But then againg Meruem has the reflexes and intelligence to counter a superior speed with ease.

Tuck

Gon's rock-paper scissors move is really lame. Takes way to long to charge up, and is just really tedious to watch. Episode 89 is trying really hard to make the move seem adaptable, but its not doing a good job. The move just isn't fun to watch. Killua is a much more interesting fighter.

Actually, Killua is just much more interesting all around.

EDIT: Oh, he turned it into a kamehameha attack. Yawn. If I wanted to see that shit I'd watch DBZ.

Gon's rock-paper scissors move is really lame. Takes way to long to charge up, and is just really tedious to watch. Episode 89 is trying really hard to make the move seem adaptable, but its not doing a good job. The move just isn't fun to watch. Killua is a much more interesting fighter.

EDIT: Oh, he turned it into a kamehameha attack. Yawn. If I wanted to see that shit I'd watch DBZ.

Keep watching

Light spoilers for this dude
Gon is taught about the limitations of his attack knows that he must either try to be clever with it or learn a new attack.

Philippo

Hey guys look at the bright side, if its a next-gen DQ it could take another 2+ years!

Well to be fair to Gon, Killua is way more experienced, he knows how to develop an ability that's more versatile, while Gon, together with its straight forward mind as an Enhancer, can only think of dealing damage.
Who knows what changes he'll do to his technique in the future?

Kyuur

I think you are confused. He has three moves: Rock, Paper and Scissors. Rock is a Enhancer type move, Paper is an emission type and Scissors is transmutation. He didn't 'change' Rock.

I do agree though. Enhancer movesets are far more boring than other users.

Top Bottom