• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

MCD

WTF? I didn't want to know that. It's not the biggest spoiler in the world because I assumed it anyway but it's still fucked up. I come here to ask that people please don't send me spoilery PMs and to be sure I really read it you post it here too? Why would you do that?! I thought the posts quoting me were save to read, apparently not.

Calm down lol. Not a spoiler nor it is an important point in the entirety of the show.

MilkBeard

The beginning of this episode was pretty funny. I was laughing, it was almost like they were orgasming or something.

Anyway, once that finished, it got pretty epic. Can't wait to see them reach the palace.

wildfire

Banned
At least now i have something to put with breaking bad "fly" in the 0/10 rating.

mcnabb.gif

First time I ever felt this gif was necessary.

Pluto

Pretty sure they said he was disqualified right away.
I didn't realize the voice over guy was referring to armless guy, I thought "one was already disqualified" was a little mystery that was going on.

Calm down lol. Not a spoiler nor it is an important point in the entirety of the show.
Right now I'm watching the first arc, it could have been important then, telling me that it's not is a spoiler too. It's easy to stay calm when you already know what's going to happen, of course I'm freaking out if someone slaps a spoiler right into my face, it doesn't matter how small the spoiler is, the problem is that it happens at all.

The point is, if I'm wrong about a plot point, please let me be wrong. Otherwise it's just a question of time before I get spoiled in a bigger way.

I didn't realize the voice over guy was referring to armless guy, I thought "one was already disqualified" was a little mystery that was going on.

Nope, there was no deeper meaning to it. Just a reiteration of facts we already knew, not a hinting at things to come.

WTF? I didn't want to know that. It's not the biggest spoiler in the world because I assumed it anyway but it's still fucked up. I come here to ask that people please don't send me spoilery PMs and to be sure I really read it you post it here too? Why would you do that?! I thought the posts quoting me were save to read, apparently not.

but they did say it from the getgo

Pluto

but they did say it from the getgo
Which I missed.

I'll say it again, if I'm wrong, please let me be wrong, don't correct me! Not getting things and missing information is part of the unspoiled experience, I want that! Let me figure things out for myself and if I don't feel free to laugh but please don't give me information I didn't ask for.

I don't mean to be rude, but if you want a unspoiled experience, why be in this thread? We are all here to share opinions and thoughts and discussion. And we are way passed the first arc.

When I back tracked from episode one, I still came in here, but I knew I might be spoiled, and that was ok, I was coming into the thread talking about a series I was way behind on.

Anyways, this episode. The first half made me laugh and chuckle, maybe for the wrong reasons, haha. I don't know, I wasn't feeling it. It did pick up toward the end. Next week is gonna be sweet.

Pluto

I don't mean to be rude, but if you want a unspoiled experience, why be in this thread? We are all here to share opinions. And we are way passed the first arc.

When I back tracked from episode one, I still came in here, but I knew I might be spoiled, and that was ok, ...
If I spoil myself by being careless when I skim this thread I don't mind, that's my own fault (but that hasn't happened so it's only a theoretical problem at the moment), I just ask that people don't give me information directly, either by PM or by quoting me which usually makes me read the post. If that's too much to ask you're right, I probably shouldn't be coming to this thread anymore until I'm caught up.

If I spoil myself by being careless when I skim this thread I don't mind, that's my own fault (but that hasn't happened so it's only a theoretical problem at the moment), I just ask that people don't give me information directly, either by PM or by quoting me which usually makes me read the post. If that's too much to ask you're right, I probably shouldn't be coming to this thread anymore until I'm caught up.

Eh, it was just a misunderstanding. I hope you don't stop posting impressions, I rather enjoy a pair of fresh eyes looking at HxH.

MCD

I know where you are coming from, Pluto and I apologize.

In any case, keep watching. The best is yet to come!

What a weird episode. Lots of yapping, orgasming and the plot didn't progress until they moved from the spot where they were literally yapping for fifteen minutes.

I don't understand posts like this

Meruem resurrecting don't count as plot progress? and him having amnesia now? and Yupi and Pouf being nullfied for combat? and Pouf planning to kill Komugi at king's back?

Am I watching Yakitate Japan now?

That's... uh... damn, that's appropriate.

It actually supposed to be also a bit creepy, the fanaticism of the Royal Guard is so big that being eaten and appreciated by their leader is supreme bliss for them. I also liked the metaphor or motherhood. But the end result is kind of goofy, even more in the anime than in the manga. As someone has said, it's a bit alien for us.

I'm taking everyone's advice and will avoid this thread for the most part from tuesday to thursday due to episode spoilers, so this will be a hit and run post. I'll look a little bit closer at some posts starting on friday.

I wrote about every episode after I watched it

I now believe Leorio will lose his match, they gave him a half win by proving the bluy guy was conscious and ending Kurapika's match so he can lose and Killua wins his match, I hope they get out of this tower soon, this begins to remind he of Yu Gi Oh with all the talking they're doing from their sides of the arena.

Episode 11: That really turned into Yu Gi Oh for a moment with all the explaining if the Rock, Paper, Scissor rules and tactics and I was right, Leorio lost, if he doesn't learn to keep a cool head he'll never make it as a hunter.

I never watched Yu Gi Oh, but I will warn you that Hunter x Hunter is a series that have more time with people talking than with people fighting. Even when they fight sometimes the conflict is resolved talking or through some unexpected factor. And Togashi loves his little systems, procedures, strategies and tactics.
There is a later moment where a character talks about counterfeit pottery of all things... and almost an entire episode is dedicated to it. If a video game appears in the story... he will explain the complex rules he designed for the fiction game! etc

Pluto

Eh, it was just a misunderstanding.
Yes it was and I'm pretty much over the initial "incident", I realize Stulaw meant no harm.

What's winding me up a little bit at the moment is that several people keep telling me it doesn't matter even after I made it clear that it matters to me, I don't like to defend the way I chose to watch the series.

I hope you don't stop posting impressions, I rather enjoy a pair of fresh eyes looking at HxH.
No, I won't stop.

I know where you are coming from, Pluto and I apologize.
Eh, it's fine, maybe I'm a little bit too thin skinned, I can't help it, I'm just scared of spoilers. For what it's worth, I hold don't grudges, I'm just bitchy for a few hours and then everything's forgotten

I never watched Yu Gi Oh, but I will warn you that Hunter x Hunter is a series that have more time with people talking than with people fighting. Even when they fight sometimes the conflict is resolved talking or through some unexpected factor. And Togashi loves his little systems, procedures, strategies and tactics.
I don't mind people talking and I liked Yu Gi Oh going into the rules of the game, it wasn't meant as a criticism, just something I noticed because I didn't expect it.

Philippo

wtf, Royal Guards may be strong as hell but man they're equally fucked up, lol.
The King too was delusional with all those heaven and fairies shit.

Anyway, we need some Pouf and Youpi orgasms gif for E3 meltdowns.

Mrcapcom

I was like what in the then I remembered because Japan

Daingurse

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Bahahaha, holy shit.

This episode captured the "wtfness" of the manga perfectly. Funny as shit.

I think it's more like they developed unconditional love for the king, so they're like the Queen/Mom. Them being "queens" is also a possibility, definitely for Pouf.

At this point in the game, is it possible for Togashi to subvert his own subversion of the shonen genre, just to keep us on our toes? I thought the king would stay dead, so this threw me off.

I think there is one interesting possibility for the arc to make for a really surprising end if he can do it, some type of understanding type ending for everyone instead of a classic beat down, even after king reawakens to what he was originally setting out to do, assuming that in the process komugi dies, would be interesting because of an equivalence type approach if komugi dies, while kite dies, and both sides taking a severe loss but still appeal to forgive one another and live in peace. I guess it would be a challenge to see who would have the stronger ability to forgive.

kewlmyc

It kinda sucks that Netero had to die for nothing. In fact, his death apparently made things worse.

That's the worst part actually. His death made him stronger. I honestly don't know how the King's going to lose now. Unless EVERYONE has some sort of nuke in their heart.

MCD

That's the worst part actually. His death made him stronger. I honestly don't know how the King's going to lose now. Unless EVERYONE has some sort of nuke in their heart.

I doubt the King is gonna fight anymore. He is gonna see Komugi and live in isolation somewhere far away for the rest of his life, or the author gonna delay the outcome like he did with the spiders.

Right now, I think everyone is done except for Gon and Pitou.

Moaradin

There's no way Netero's efforts are gonna be in vain. I would be mad if they spent all that time talking about how deadly a cheap bomb like the Miniature Rose was, only for them to revive the king with no repercussions.

Jex

Pouf's moans were a little much...

Seriously, what a fucked up guy.

EDIT: Oh look, its Youpi's turn now.

EDIT 2: It was probably not necessary to spend ten minutes on all that, but I guess it got the point across. Enjoying the episode, though its certainly slow.

Hunter x Hunter pacing dictates that everything take 7 times as long as it should!

Nibel

Hunter X Nibel 128

ibtQVtJ8RAHXwm.gif

What. just.

HAPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEENEEEEEEED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You get a nuke in the heart! You get a nuke in the heart! Everyone gets nukes in their hearts

Nuke in the heart of the cards, too

upandaway

I'm usually completely ignorant of pacing problems but even I felt that they spent a little too much time on that part. Are they trying to see if they can make this run alongside the manga for a while? Oh well.

Yonafunu

I'm usually completely ignorant of pacing problems but even I felt that they spent a little too much time on that part. Are they trying to see if they can make this run alongside the manga for a while? Oh well.

Spoilers regarding remaining episodes in this arc (confirmed):

We already know that episode 135 will be where this arc ends. That's still 7 episodes away. The manga will have started back up before the Chimera Ant arc even ends, probably.

upandaway

Spoilers regarding remaining episodes in this arc (confirmed):

We already know that episode 135 will be where this arc ends. That's still 7 episodes away. The manga will have started back up before the Chimera Ant arc even ends, probably.
Yeah but they decided on all that stuff including the pacing probably knowing when the manga's gonna come back. So it might be that they're trying to adopt a slow pace all of sudden to be able to go alongside the manga for a while or even until the next hiatus.

Popnbake

No, I think Netero was the only one.

But what if the the King decided to fight Netero at the palace instead of moving to a distant location?

Everyone would have died. o:

fertygo

I think its very clear the pacing of the anime are dictated by some sort of schedule, if I'm counting right episode 135, the one that said by anime staff on twitter, where this arc supposed to end are exactly coincide with transition to new airing season for TV (from spring to summer)

Its can't be just coincidence, with the amount of manga chapter adapted per episode keep steadily got reduced, from manga reader impression its seem the last few eps only had 1,5-2 chapter adapted than the usual 3 (hell from earlier episode its even more than that) its very clear attempt for deliberately slowing the pace to stop at correct moment.

I still love this show, but its quite unfortunate there's seemingly another interest in production than just offering what's the best for the show.

I think its very clear the pacing of the anime are dictated by some sort of schedule, if I'm counting right episode 135, the one that said by anime staff on twitter, where this arc supposed to end are exactly coincide with transition to new airing season for TV (from spring to summer)

Its can't be just coincidence, with the amount of manga chapter adapted per episode keep steadily got reduced, from manga reader impression its seem the last few eps only had 1,5-2 chapter adapted than the usual 3 (hell from earlier episode its even more than that) its very clear attempt for deliberately slowing the pace to stop at correct moment.

I still love this show, but its quite unfortunate there's seemingly another interest in production than just offering what's the best for the show.

Maybe they just wanted the one remaining arc after this to have a season for itself? It'd make sense I guess, although that'd mean 13~ episodes at a slow pace of 1.5 chapters each.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but they HAVE to end the series at the end of the summer season (assuming no filler to allow the manga to get more chapters so they can adapt them later or similar situations), which means that they have to pad the episodes to keep going until said date. The alternative in that case would've been ending with the spring season but then we'd be having the opposite problem of the episodes being rushed as hell.

RoyalFool

Banned
There's no way Netero's efforts are gonna be in vain. I would be mad if they spent all that time talking about how deadly a cheap bomb like the Miniature Rose was, only for them to revive the king with no repercussions.

This annoyed me a lot, and he's bloody stronger than before!

I originally assumed Netero would weaken him allowing for a fight with the other cast - but now he's so stupidly over powered a straight-up fight resolution is out of the question. So he's either going to "turn good" and live, or some horrible deus ex will come around and finish him off - shitting on Netero's grave even more.

Moaradin

This annoyed me a lot, and he's bloody stronger than before!

I originally assumed Netero would weaken him allowing for a fight with the other cast - but now he's so stupidly over powered a straight-up fight resolution is out of the question. So he's either going to "turn good" and live, or some horrible deus ex will come around and finish him off - shitting on Netero's grave even more.

I don't think any of that will happen, or at least I hope. Togashi hasn't let me down before.

fertygo

Maybe they just wanted the one remaining arc after this to have a season for itself? It'd make sense I guess, although that'd mean 13~ episodes at a slow pace of 1.5 chapters each.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but they HAVE to end the series at the end of the summer season (assuming no filler to allow the manga to get more chapters so they can adapt them later or similar situations), which means that they have to pad the episodes to keep going until said date. The alternative in that case would've been ending with the spring season but then we'd be having the opposite problem of the episodes being rushed as hell.

I think that's the plan, we'll see.

Or one more alternative, the june WSJ's issue reveal arc is the aftermath arc gonna adapted as movie/OAV, and they can ending at eps 135 anyway.

This kinda irks me as well. I hope the king dies of cancer from the bomb or something, hehe. There has to be some side effect from the bomb or eating the RG. This doesn't sit well with me, haha.

Well, I think everyone on that trip was prepared to die.

Yeah but there's kinda the issue of the literally thousands of innocent people possibly getting caught in the blast which pretty much defeats part of the purpose of why they're there in the first place.

Top Bottom