• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

My speculation is that somebody will have to go Dragon Ball Z and say 'Fool this isn't even my final form'. Freaking
Kurapika already did it
. This is shonen anime, if at least 5 characters don't do it then why am I even watching anime.

rexor0717

My speculation is that somebody will have to go Dragon Ball Z and say 'Fool this isn't even my final form'. Freaking
Kurapika already did it
. This is shonen anime, if at least 5 characters don't do it then why am I even watching anime.
Gon has to kick some ass, but I don't see him just cleaning up everybody. I really hope Gon's dad doesn't magically show up or something stupid.

Kurapika already did it

I thought Kurapika's strength after
his Nen training
was made clear (or at least heavily implied)
long before he even faced Ubogin. It's not like he pulled out something completely new. We knew how much he flips out at the sign of spiders, and the extremely specific restriction he put on his Nen.

I just want to clarify that for me a 'fool this isn't even my final form' is not a negative thing. It makes me laugh. But yes they tried to explain why he was able to do it, still doesn't stop making it funny when he goes
wen ma eyes turn red i m super sayen n shit

So the arc finishes with huge fan acclaim but not enough people watched it so we're all left hoping a continuation will occur and then Karl Urban says something is happening and we all get excited?

haha. Well, I was more thinking the world gets destroyed and the world becomes grimdark, and Hisoka becomes dredd.

Now I am just depressed now there is no Dredd 2 movie. Karl Urban needs to eat man!

Damn that movie is good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_n5cg48ry7o1rfdi89o2_500.jpg

tumblr_n5cg48ry7o1rfdi89o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5cg48ry7o1rfdi89o3_500.jpg

~

Jigolo

Episode 128 GIFs [12 FPS is good but looks too fast. think I'll stick with 10 FPS]

These are all 12 FPS. From the next ep on I think I'll keep it at 10

rcayme.gif

i3S62FMS1TuDP.gif

ilLwzXBMF0vhq.gif

Kensuke

Hey guys. Does anyone have a guesstimate on how many episodes this arc still needs?

I watched this reboot until I ran out of eps. last year (around episode 85). I miss this anime and want to start watching again, but I don't want to stop mid-arc again. I only watch this stuff in bulk, not weekly. That's why I'm asking.

MCD

Hey guys. Does anyone have a guesstimate on how many episodes this arc still needs?

I watched this reboot until I ran out of eps. last year (around episode 85). I miss this anime and want to start watching again, but I don't want to stop mid-arc again. I only watch this stuff in bulk, not weekly. That's why I'm asking.

135 I believe.

Jigolo

Hunter x Hunter Episode 129 – Formidable Enemy x And x Clear Objective

Great episode. I was at the edge of my seat for most of it.

Those opening moments, damn. I loved it when Meruem tested his new ability. It really is showing how his body has changed since eating Pouf and Youpi. His body can morph but not quite to the extent that Youpi could. After seeing the blast Youpi was basically like "I am not worthy" lol. When Meruem asked him those questions, I was scared for Youpi's life (if he'd a died there I would've been pissed).

Totally forgot that Meleoron could be a key player in a way to take down the King since he is undetectable. The only way I could think of how they would defeat him using this tactic would be with a critical strike (which I doubt anyone of the hunters there could take out the King in 1 strike) or to use APR. The problem is, IMO the King would kill them before Knuckle inflicts any kind of damage to raise the number or for the 10 min to go by before the target's nen becomes locked. At this point the King would probably be able to kill them with one of those blasts to the palace....unless they escape via Knov's portals. Oh god so many scenarios.

Pouf vs. Killua was cool. I enjoyed the mind games the hunters were doing with Pouf by offering him different choices. God speed Killua aka the most badass hunter in the group trying to protect the queen from danger by putting her down and basically setting up the ultimate defense was sweet. I feel that Pouf's efforts are going to ultimately be in vain and the King will remember within the next 2 episodes. (FEELS SO GOOD. FUCK YOU POUF)

zomg Gon vs Pitou incoming.............. one of these days

I only watched the preview because I don't have time for the full episode right now, but oh god, shit's getting so real next week. I don't know exactly how real it'll get, but it'll potentially be so very real.

Blades64

Banned
Great episode!!!

I was kinda scared once the King started questioning Youpi (never realized how much the character has grown on me since the invasion). I thought he was finished right then and there.

Godspeed Killua is sooooo good. I would love to see a full fledged fight with Killua in it now. Also, screw Pouf! Killua owned him for that partial time they fought.

I feel like the King will remember Komugi anyway, and there will be repercussions for Pouf (kill him please). I just feel like whatever it is that happens for the King to die/move on/give up on collecting humans (or however the arc is concluded), Komugi will have a big part to play in it.

Also glad to see things moving towards Gon and Pitou finally. Can't wait! :)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm happy I didn't watch episode 128 last week. I'd be mad as hell if I had to wait another week for true HxH goodness after that turd.

Knuckle at the end was the only good thing in it. Also,
I'm really disappointed that Meruem is alive. Togashi has to prove himself now.

Onto 129.

TheChits

Pouf vs. Killua was cool. I enjoyed the mind games the hunters were doing with Pouf by offering him different choices. God speed Killua aka the most badass hunter in the group trying to protect the queen from danger by putting her down and basically setting up the ultimate defense was sweet. I feel that Pouf's efforts are going to ultimately be in vain and the King will remember within the next 2 episodes. (FEELS SO GOOD. FUCK YOU POUF)

This this this. Oh man I really enjoyed this one.

Jiraiya

Those opening moments, damn. I loved it when Meruem tested his new ability. It really is showing how his body has changed since eating Pouf and Youpi. His body can morph but now quite to the extent that Youpi could. After seeing the blast Youpi was basically like "I am not worthy" lol. When Meruem asked him those questions, I was scared for Youpi's life (if he'd a died there I would've been pissed).

Totally forgot that Meleoron could be a key player in a way to take down the King since he is undetectable. The only way I could think of how they would defeat him using this tactic would be with a critical strike (which I doubt anyone of the hunters there could take out the King in 1 strike) or to use APR. The problem is, IMO the King would kill them before Knuckle inflicts any kind of damage to raise the number or for the 10 min to go by before the target's nen becomes locked. At this point the King would probably be able to kill them with one of those blasts to the palace....unless they escape via Knov's portals. Oh god so many scenarios.

zomg Gon vs Pitou incoming.............. one of these days
I'm pretty sure they will try to escape, I can't see any possible way to defeat the king with their current strength. This is why I'm super curious to see what will happen next episode.

Episode itself was good but the anticipation has been killing me since gon sat down next to Pitou. Now that we're so close every episode that isn't their showdown is killing me softly.

dan2026

I'm so impressed people have managed to remain unspoiled as to the concluding moments of this arc.

And to you manga readers, how freaking hyped are you for the next few episodes!?

MarkusRJR

I have only been partially spoiled in regards to the ending of this arc.
I know the fates of two characters due to YouTube comments.
I'm curious to see how the whole thing unfolds though.

How many more episodes are left of this series? Doesn't the current manga hiatus come up soon? I don't think they'd move on to the current manga arc since nothing major has happened (I haven't read it but my friend told me it's still in the beginning sort of phase).

How many more episodes are left of this series? Doesn't the current manga hiatus come up soon? I don't think they'd move on to the current manga arc since nothing major has happened (I haven't read it but my friend told me it's still in the beginning sort of phase).

Assuming they stop at where the current hiatus started, there's less than 20.

I'm so impressed people have managed to remain unspoiled as to the concluding moments of this arc.

And to you manga readers, how freaking hyped are you for the next few episodes!?

I'm predicting the 27th of May will be glorious.

I cant wait (At least its before E3)

FluxWaveZ

I've been seeing spoilers all over the internet. For those who haven't read the manga, I'd lay low for a while.

Well, I don't expose myself to anywhere where I would see spoilers of anything I care about, which is why I guess I tend to not get spoiled. Gonna probably be avoiding this thread now, though, since I have a feeling someone's going to be posting something I won't want to see soon.

I watched a youtube video about the strongest nen users and got spoiled on the Gon vs Pito fight which really sucked, although it was only a one sentence spoiler on how the fight ends. Honestly after the inital shock of being spoiled I left more confused as to how something that's supposed to happen happens. I'm really bummed that I got spoiled. The price I pay for my insolence in watching top ten HxH videos. Still super exicted to see how this thing happens

Yeah, guys, let's cool it with the hyping up. It's too much.

You can't handle this hype?

I watched a youtube video about the strongest nen users and got spoiled on the Gon vs Pito fight which really sucked, although it was only a one sentence spoiler on how the fight ends. Honestly after the inital shock of being spoiled I left more confused as to how something that's supposed to happen happens. I'm really bummed that I got spoiled. The price I pay for my insolence in watching top ten HxH videos. Still super exicted to see how this thing happens

I got spoiled on a major death in the first season of Game of Thrones, but then it just made me curious how it got to that point.

But yeah, you guys need to stay away from HxH related stuff. Some of us in this thread are trying to police stuff that has been said. Remember that we kept the nuke from you guys.

Top Bottom