• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Tuck

Killua being awesome? Yes please. Probably my favorite anime character at this point.

I miss being able to binge watch this show though =(

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Great episode!!!

I was kinda scared once the King started questioning Youpi (never realized how much the character has grown on me since the invasion). I thought he was finished right then and there.

Godspeed Killua is sooooo good. I would love to see a full fledged fight with Killua in it now. Also, screw Pouf! Killua owned him for that partial time they fought.

I feel like the King will remember Komugi anyway, and there will be repercussions for Pouf (kill him please). I just feel like whatever it is that happens for the King to die/move on/give up on collecting humans (or however the arc is concluded), Komugi will have a big part to play in it.

Also glad to see things moving towards Gon and Pitou finally. Can't wait! :)
I really am wondering why the king hasent killed pouf yet, well I suppose probably out of possible friendship and not wanting to get rid of one of the 4 people closest to him, but pouf must be really testing his nerves right now because he knows exactly what he's thinking and pouf isnt doing anything to hide it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Killua is such a fucking badass and the evil expressions on Pouf were awesome. And dat teaser at the end of the episode! God damn!!!

Philippo

Oh man, i can feel something big is coming, i guess it's what the manga readers have been teasing for a while.

I love all these little mind games, from every character,it just makes everything so interesting on every level.

I just didn't get a thing: when the narrator explained that the King has changed, what did exactly change?

fawaz

Banned
I have no idea what the upcoming big fight is supposed to be between.
Gon would get wrecked by Pito. With Natero gone, the king has no one to fear.

So basically it smells like there is an asspull incoming.

MCD

I have no idea what the upcoming big fight is supposed to be between.
Gon would get wrecked by Pito. With Natero gone, the king has no one to fear.

So basically it smells like there is an asspull incoming.

Watch Gon vs Gen (bomber) and say that again. Gon is batshit insane so I expect him to win even if it means sacrificing his ass to do it.

MCD

But Gon needs his butt to be able to beat Hisoka

0XbZQPb.jpg

Blades64

Banned
But Gon needs his butt to be able to beat Hisoka

I expect that when Gon vs Pitou concludes that Gon's body will be totally wrecked. He's a lunatic in battle if he wants to be. I really don't think he can do it alone still tho. He must get help from somebody, somewhere, something.

Weak start but the strong plot developments and character development of the King makes this feel like a good lead into some big conclusion that is hard to predict. In any event the highlight was godspeed Killua just showing yet another tool in his arsenal and unleashing many great poses, and moments upon us. Its up there for the second best moment of this arc only hampered by it being cut a bit short here. Loved the poses they gave him along with the lighting effects on his character model and the moment when he did the spin kick, and spin to make the circle on the ground, as well as the pose to even do a hit. Glad it was gif'd as its really mesmerizing.

Preview reminds me of when the narrator seemed to be signalling some type of distressing feelings in the arc, and the tone of GonKil conversation as well as the thanking him in it, kind of just puts me in a bad mood thinking about it. I hope Killua can make it over to Gon in time as he faces Pitou as being alone there, with no support or teammates kind of puts Gon in a tough spot if something bad happens. With Togashi writing, I wouldnt put it past him to go for some bad outcome, after that APR affair in the start of this arc.

vareon

While I don't like being the manga reading guy who "omg you haven't seen anything yet", I'd say anime only watchers avoid the previews from now on, if you haven't done so already.

Nibel

When will we get the obvious confrontation between Gon and Pitou tho

And I hope it will be good

That Netero episode is almost untoppable I think

Manga readers, you know that scene where Killua activates Kanmuru and Pouf is like "wow, he's super fast" and then Killua is standing in that running pose (ch. 303). Am I the only one who thought he was moving at that point in the manga? After watching the episode I was surprised he was just standing there. Also, when Pouf splits into clones, and Killua is like, I don't even have to use Kanmuru to outrun you, is he just running at normal speed? If so, is his running speed enhanced when actually using Kanmuru? While reading the manga I always thought he was going really fast.

Blades64

Banned
Honestly, I've been fighting with whether or not I'll read the manga as it releases here soon... I kind of want to see it on the show. As you said, I want to go in fresh.

You have no idea how many times I've had to fight myself from reading the manga, and even gave in once (but I stopped myself after reading a couple chapters). To me, its well worth it to go in fresh and the work you have to put in to NOT get spoiled.

jgminto

I'm kinda interesting in reading the manga since it's returning but I think the art looks really bad. And the Jump versions were supposed to be even worse?

I'm kinda interesting in reading the manga since it's returning but I think the art looks really bad. And the Jump versions were supposed to be even worse?

For some of the chapters, yes. Togashi starts with motivation but after some time he just stops trying to draw. Also, if you're on the last two volumes (31,32), I think that nothing was fixed.

The fixes were much more noticeable on the beginning of the Chimera Ant Arc, that's where he was the laziest.

Killua is definitely my favorite character and the best part of about him is that he actually grows as a person; in another Shonen, he would of stayed the same.

Popnbake

Man, Pouf kept throwing Youpi under the bus.

Manga readers, you know that scene where Killua activates Kanmuru and Pouf is like "wow, he's super fast" and then Killua is standing in that running pose (ch. 303). Am I the only one who thought he was moving at that point in the manga? After watching the episode I was surprised he was just standing there. Also, when Pouf splits into clones, and Killua is like, I don't even have to use Kanmuru to outrun you, is he just running at normal speed? If so, is his running speed enhanced when actually using Kanmuru? While reading the manga I always thought he was going really fast.

He looked to be standing still in the manga as well.

As for the part where Pouf splits into clones, Killua was moving a lot slower than what I imagined in the manga.
Then again it does make more sense for him to run at a nomal speed after seeing the episode.
Pouf had those mind games.

Man, Pouf kept throwing Youpi under the bus.

He looked to be standing still in the manga as well.

As for the part where Pouf splits into clones, Killua was moving a lot slower than what I imagined in the manga.
Then again it does make more sense for him to run at a nomal speed after seeing the episode.
Pouf had those mind games.

Looking over the chapter again it does actually show him standing still. Weird stance to adopt imo.

Yeah, I guess it did seem like he was moving real fast, but the anime cleared that up

I just watched 128/129 back to back. Fucking pissed off that the King survived. I have no idea how this arc is going to end. How the fuck is the king going to be beaten if he can survive a nuke.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Him and Komugi are going to be husbando and waifu and settle down like Buu and Mr. Satan - that is until the next arc, when Komugi is killed by some ruffians and King goes ham on the human race. Pitou, Gon, and Zombie-Kite will then have to team up to take him down.

I just watched 128/129 back to back. Fucking pissed off that the King survived. I have no idea how this arc is going to end. How the fuck is the king going to be beaten if he can survive a nuke.

To be fair, he probably wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for the royal guards sacrificing their bodies for him.

To be fair, he probably wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for the royal guards sacrificing their bodies for him.

A nuke should have completely disintegrated him. He shouldn't of even had the chance to survive. I didn't like the whole use of the nuke at first, but after reading someone's comment on here about how it showed our tree potential for continue evolution that the king failed to understand, I thought it was a good decision to use a nuke. Now it just makes the whole use of the nuke worthless.

A nuke should have completely disintegrated him. He shouldn't of even had the chance to survive. I didn't like the whole use of the nuke at first, but after reading someone's comment on here about how it showed our tree potential for continue evolution that the king failed to understand, I thought it was a good decision to use a nuke. Now it just makes the whole use of the nuke worthless.
He is powerful enough to not get disintegrated from the nuke.

Top Bottom