• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Aside from Netero's 100 Handed Guanyin Bodhisattava, does Palm have the best Enchancement Nen ability we've seen? Black Widow allows here to cover he entire body in her hair which acts as armor allowing her to utilize 100% of her aura offensively. The other enhancement abilities we've seen are

Youpi's Explosion and Rage Incarnate (I'm not sure if his body morphing is a nen ability or a magical beast thing, even though the wiki states it's a nen ability)
Gon's Jajanken
Uvogin's Big Bang Impact
Phinks' Ripper Cyclotron
Kastro's Tiger Bite Fist
Gido's Tops

Now some, if not all of these may have more raw power than Palm's ability, IMO Palm's is much more versatile and can be used in more situations. Any thoughts on this?

shira

j0h4jW6bkHQ5w.png

screw enhancers, transmutation is the best

j0h4jW6bkHQ5w.png

screw enhancers, transmutation is the best

that thing is like 3 different kinds of nen ok

speaking of transmutation though, damn Togashi is creative to think of ways to apply transmutation that aren't the same as emission or conjuration. I try to think of new trasmutation abilities but nothing ever comes to mind

edit: or I'm just really uncreative lol

Kieli

Killua is already pretty ridonk and he's not even anywhere close to his peak. The kid is ONLY 14.

If he can refine Godspeed to be more stamina-efficient, oh mah gawd.

KeRaSh

Oh man, I really hope this episode delivers. I'm very hyped.
Can't wait for Gon to finally release all that darkness that currently fills him.

Jigolo

hmm, what's going on here?

I thought manga readers didn't know whether it was "happening" this episode or the next. You're sure now? lol

Mendrox

It will happen this episode. Thought we had a episode to go, but going by the chapters they will reach this point easily this episode.

Hype x Hype

Yonafunu

It will happen this episode. Thought we had a episode to go, but going by the chapters they will reach this point easily this episode.

Hype x Hype

Manga spoilers:

I'm not so sure about that. I can see the episode ending right when Gon transforms, but it won't cover him actually killing Pitou, I think. They're going to need a good point to end the episode, and that won't be during the fight.

Blades64

Banned
Something tells me the actual fight won't be until next week. :(

I want to be HYPE but, I'm trying to reserve myself from disappointment as well.

Blades64

Banned
Okay this is from the opening and SOMETHINGS HAPPENING THERE AND WHY DID I NEVER NOTICE THAT PART BEFORE

WHAT

I always wondered about that, and people have been dropping hints everywhere. Even picked up some hints in the anime. Whatever "IT" is, I'm eagerly anticipating this.

Yonafunu

Before I forget in the usual post-episode stuff, just a reminder:

AVOID THE PREVIEWS

Especially in this final stretch of the arc. It might not be necessary, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if in the next arc, Gon will still be angry...

Not to use TV Tropes as some kind of gospel, but I think Heroic Safe Mode has been a pretty accurate, general description of what Gon is currently going through:
During this period the hero "shuts down" non-essential thought processes and focuses entirely on "fight or flight", hoping that when the danger is over they can "restart" in safety. Especially strong willed heroes who go into Safe Mode while loved ones are in danger will usually protect them to near suicidal extremes. In other cases, they may wind up snapping at their own friends who try to push them out of Safe Mode. [...] They will (at best) talk in monosyllables, become either completely emotionless or absolutely enraged, but they will always, always terrify friend and foe alike with an unfiltered Death Glare.

Their description of what happens after the phase is:
When a hero fully reboots from this mode back into their standard operating procedure, Post-Victory Collapse usually kicks in, or the full-on Heroic BSOD may kick in after the direct danger to the hero and/or their companions has passed.

Once they reboot, they may well regret having not helped save someone, run away, or killed many dozens of mooks... but as friends will remind him, at least he (and they) are still alive.

I could see that somewhat happening for a brief period of time.

Blades64

Banned
watch it be more about Pouf flying around

Hush you!

Not to use TV Tropes as some kind of gospel, but I think Heroic Safe Mode has been a pretty accurate, general description of what Gon is currently going through:

Their description of what happens after the phase is:

I could see that somewhat happening for a brief period of time.

Makes a lot of sense. Could totally see this happening.

Top Bottom