• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Kieli

Nah, this was two fucking pages dragged into 23 minutes.

Fucking hell, they couldn't pad anymore if they tried. Might as well have flash-blacked the whole episode, because they were so close anyway.

I thought they were saving it until the end, but then as Gon was

saying the same thing over and over again interspersed with flashbacks, I knew we wouldn't have enough time. Even though the event happens so fast in the manga, like a few panels, they still wanted to drag this out.

andymcc

Banned
I thought they were saving it until the end, but then as Gon was

saying the same thing over and over again interspersed with flashbacks, I knew we wouldn't have enough time. Even though the event happens so fast in the manga, like a few panels, they still wanted to drag this out.

that whole bit where he was arguing internally for a few minutes was literally like a page in the manga.

FluxWaveZ

already_dead.jpg

Gon's lost his edge. He didn't even consider the possibility that Pitou's healing its arm to kill him easier.

Pouf sucks. The apparent padding was unfortunate. It was used for dramatic effect, but I don't need to see the internal conflict prolonged for so long.

Stulaw

That wasn't just padding, that was almost filler. It wouldn't surprise me if what I thought the end of this episode would be was the ending of the next episode.

that whole bit where he was arguing internally for a few minutes was literally like a page in the manga.

That's so fucking disappointing.

I remember that it was a quick succession of events. Pitou not fixing Kite and tells Gon the truth. Gon has his BSOD for a moment. And then it happens. Chapter over. Wait until next time.

man the pacing gets shittier and shittier with every episode. padded to hell and back.

To be fair, I'm sure there's an exact episode count they must have and only so much manga left to cover.

Looks like my prediction of a 1.5 chapters pace for the rest of the anime is gonna come true.

Still, as much as seeing Gon broken is my favorite part of the arc, they did overdo it this time :|

andymcc

Banned
To be fair, I'm sure there's an exact episode count they must have and only so much manga left to cover.

i get that but it doesn't discount the fact that it is ruining the quality of this show and what separated it from other shonen anime. it's like it is pulling pages right out of the One Piece anime.

Without spoiling anything: will the next episode be the one?

partially, i'd guess.

Jigolo

Magic x Of x Despair

Yep that was a slow episode. I liked when Gon finally realized the truth and almost completely broke down. He was fighting himself like he had angels on his shoulders, I wonder which side he will choose. Evil or good.

Man, Pouf and Palm are so versatile, they have so many techniques I love it. Pouf is a clever mofo but that dude has to DIE. I cannot wait to see how that ends up happening. God damn I want the King to tear him apart.

Not much else to say here. I think Ikalgo will encounter the human + the female chimera ant sometime soon and have to face them.

HYPE TRAIN STARTS NOW!

Lulubop

Animation looks top notch for the next episode going from the preview. Episode was still pretty disappointing tho. Cover about a chapter and a half, 304-305. 305, and 306 has very little dialogue. They padded the part where Gon starts reminiscing.

Padding: The Episode. Hopefully so that IT CAN HAPPEN all next episode.
We're on the brink of it. Next episode is the one.
pfft

we can fit in a 10 minute flashback of Killua thinking about Gon, another flashback with Palm thinking about Gon, a couple minutes of the King walking around, and a couple more minutes of Pitou healing itself while Gon pleads and flashbacks'

next next episode will be the one

Told you guys.

Man that was a shitty ass episode.

Yeah man, I didn't even dislike the episode, they just made it unnecessarily long when in the manga like half that episode was only 5 or 6 pages. Needless to say it didn't end off where I thought it would. Hopefully next Weeks episode will be a continuous stream of events.

Anyway, all I can do now is HYPE

Just give me what I want already. I'm American. We want results NOW.

As much as I enjoy Gon's range of emotions this is getting tiresome like they're dangling bait from a fucking fishing pole. Also on another note, Gon went full Gollum.

Ninjimbo

So we are going to get a battle? Cool. I thought the story was going to go in another direction.

This episode was good. Heartbreaking, really.

Kite was probably my favorite character. I thought he could be saved. Turns out he's just another victim of the fucking Chimeras and went out like a punk. I hope Pouf and Pitou get obliterated.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Here is a post I made in 2011 with my prediction about (spoiler about something that has been confirmed in the anime)
Kite's death
, when I was reading the manga.
I don't think he is dead; after using his power, Killua wondered why he had such an inconvenient (aka shitty) power, so there must be something about it, probably the inconvenience of his Nen power is the price he had to pay for an awesome ability that has not been revealed.

It's interesting to go back to those crazy manga threads and reading the impressions back then.

Yonafunu

Yeah man, I didn't even dislike the episode, they just made it unnecessarily long when in the manga like half that episode was only 5 or 6 pages. Needless to say it didn't end off where I thought it would. Hopefully next Weeks episode will be a continuous stream of events.

Anyway, all I can do now is HYPE

The part with Gon breaking down and going all Gollum about "I killed Kite/Pitou killed Kite" was literally ONE two-page spread.

Does anybody else think a letter to Aunt Mito episode reviewing what has happened would be a nice break from all this fast paced action? We haven't had one of those in a while! Make it happen madhouse!!
/sarcasm
On a serious note, i knew this would happen, but were all set for next week. I just hope what happens is animated beautifully.

Top Bottom