• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Popnbake

I enjoyed the scenes together with Pitou occasionally glancing at Gon while he was crying.

Really makes you get the feeling that her decision to mutilate him was just a misunderstanding. :3

But some of that padding in the episode was too much.

Guess I'll wait til next week.

Only to find out you're going to wait until the week after that. :p

andymcc

Banned
Does anybody else think a letter to Aunt Mito episode reviewing what has happened would be a nice break from all this fast paced action? We haven't had one of those in a while! Make it happen madhouse!!
/sarcasm
On a serious note, i knew this would happen, but were all set for next week. I just hope what happens is animated beautifully.

honestly I'd rather have a few recap episodes rather than it detract the quality of essential episodes. at least recaps can be safely skipped.

KeRaSh

God fucking damnit. I usually get emotional during scenes like Gon's realization but I just couldn't care because I knew there was nothing happening in that episode. What a waste of time that was.

The part with Gon breaking down and going all Gollum about "I killed Kite/Pitou killed Kite" was literally ONE two-page spread.

Yeah I watched this episode with my brother and he asked why they played that part for so long and I was like dude this was only one page in the manga, and they dragged it on for 4-5 mins. I get the whole emotional thing, but still

Daingurse

The part with Gon breaking down and going all Gollum about "I killed Kite/Pitou killed Kite" was literally ONE two-page spread.

I loved that spread, but damn it's sounding like they stretched the mess outta this episode. Still, I do want to see Gon break down, was absolutely heartbreaking in the manga.

Yonafunu

I loved that spread, but damn it's sounding like they stretched the mess outta this episode. Still, I do want to see Gon break down, was absolutely heartbreaking in the manga.

I know, I absolutely love that page, and that's exactly because it's only one spread. It conveys everything and more in one spread than the entire five minute (slight exaggeration) scene in this episode.

At least next episode will be good!

Jigolo

HxHGAF hyping up today only to be let down:

i5IYgXaYHJiKm.gif

Yonafunu

Manga talk:

But come on guys, who actually thought shit was gonna go down this episode? There was no way they'd get to the actual fight, at best it would've ended just before or after Gon's transformation. I was just surprised at the blatant stretching.

Good lord, the padding in this ep.

They pretty much replayed the entire ep of Kite's Death. The fact that I was cognizant of the obvious padding really hampered the impact of Gon's breakdown. And the constant scenes of palm and killua walking, and dead air this ep was really blatant.

MilkBeard

Good setup. I was hoping for some action, however, I enjoyed seeing this happen.

Also, in the comments of Crunchyroll for the episode, someone says: "Anime only watchers, wait till next episode, your mind will be blown."

Hype Get.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
After watching the episode, some of you are heartless! I had some pretty low expectations going into it due to the reactions, but it was a pretty solid episode. Sure, we didn't get the "moment", but it was still pretty awesome. Poor Gon; he literally went insane due to his friend getting ripped away from him at the very last second. I thought the flashbacks were really well done, with the hazy animation and Gon's broken figure layering over it. haven't read the manga either. Next week seems to be very promising.

MilkBeard

After watching the episode, some of you are heartless! I had some pretty low expectations going into it due to the reactions, but it was a pretty solid episode. Sure, we didn't get the "moment", but it was still pretty awesome. Poor Gon; he literally went insane due to his friend getting ripped away from him at the very last second. I thought the flashbacks were really well done, with the hazy animation and Gon's broken figure layering over it. haven't read the manga either. Next week seems to be very promising.

Yeah it was a good episode. People are just hyping themselves up only to be deflated. That's not really a good judge of the episode in and of itself.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I was actually mainly fine with this episode. Probably wouldn't have been too into it if I had read the manga or if I was highly and actively anticipating whatever Gon's predicament is building towards.

Manga talk:

But come on guys, who actually thought shit was gonna go down this episode? There was no way they'd get to the actual fight, at best it would've ended just before or after Gon's transformation. I was just surprised at the blatant stretching.

If it ended with Gon's transformation, it would have been a great cliffhanger

Erigu

Does anybody else think a letter to Aunt Mito episode reviewing what has happened would be a nice break from all this fast paced action? We haven't had one of those in a while! Make it happen madhouse!!
/sarcasm
I'd take a recap episode I can skip entirely over a poorly paced/directed episode.

Tuck

Another slow episode. Like, painfully slow. This arc has really dragged itself out, and despite some great parts, I just really want it to end.

Daingurse

Everybody up in here is just thirsty, lol. I quite enjoyed this episode, I was having major feels for Gon. Though admittedly I did prefer the full page splash approach that the manga took, to conveying Gon's varied emotions. I didn't tear up, but I felt close to the precipice.

Maybe you guys lowered my expectations enough? lol

Erigu

Based on the impressions here, I'm guessing they're really dragging it for the manga continuation.
So they'd catch up with the manga in three episodes? ^^;
If they're not entirely dumb (and I do wonder, sometimes), they'll just stop where the manga did back in 2012 (give or take one episode)...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(Fuck this arc.)

Might just go read the manga out of spite to see whatever shitty conclusion Togashi ripped from his pimply ass.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I... I... I just can't. I've stuck with the anime all this time.

One more week. That's all this anime has. Consider it a stay of execution.

If it ended with Gon's transformation, it would have been a great cliffhanger

that's where I thought it was going to end

don't give up! I'm trying to convince my brother not to read the manga and just wait til next week. I feel like if you make the quick transition from anime to manga it won't be as gratifying, but vice-versa would be ok. I read the manga a year or two ago, and I think if I didn't I would stick with the anime until it stopped

kite-o
kite-o
kite-o
kite-o
: -o

fuck saying "kite", kaito all the way

that's where I thought it was going to end
Why did I highlight that spoiler...? Now I'm really curious.
And this would also imply that one of the .gifs here showing something from the OP is actually showing something that will literally happen, rather than something weirdly abstract

And this would also imply that one of the .gifs here showing something from the OP is actually showing something that will literally happen, rather than something weirdly abstract

idk man, should i spoiler tag what i said?

Gon turns into the Nine Tails from Naruto

Daingurse

Good for you man, but I still think you would enjoy it all the same. I gave in weeks ago, and I still enjoy watching it greatly. It's interesting to see how things are animated, from the source material.

the manga conclusion is great.

the anime is making it unbearable.

don't know what else to say.

Watching it week to week, I think is what makes it unbearable.

Its hitting me that there is 4 more episodes in this arc :(

The good news about this is that if it really ends in only 4 more episodes, those should go back to being a 3~ chapters pace.

The bad news is that after that we're probably stuck with a <2 chapters pace for what remains of the anime given that they don't go into filler.

Top Bottom