• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Nibel

After watching the episode, some of you are heartless! I had some pretty low expectations going into it due to the reactions, but it was a pretty solid episode. Sure, we didn't get the "moment", but it was still pretty awesome. Poor Gon; he literally went insane due to his friend getting ripped away from him at the very last second. I thought the flashbacks were really well done, with the hazy animation and Gon's broken figure layering over it. haven't read the manga either. Next week seems to be very promising.

Completely agreed, wow @ some of the reactions

You guys are too deep in this pacing/padding stuff, can't even appreciate character development anymore

andymcc

Banned
Completely agreed, wow @ some of the reactions

You guys are too deep in this pacing/padding stuff, can't even appreciate character development anymore

there's a difference between good character development and going Evangelion TV episode 25 in the middle of a shonen series.

Nibel

there's a difference between good character development and going Evangelion TV episode 25 in the middle of a shonen series.

Oh

Come.The.Fuck.On.

HxH showed the pure desperation of the protagonist while Evangelion tried to mindfuck the viewer for no fucking reasons other than to mindfuck them

andymcc

Banned
Oh

Come.The.Fuck.On.

HxH showed the pure desperation of the protagonist while Evangelion tried to mindfuck the viewer for no fucking reasons other than to mindfuck them

I'd say they both are the result of each production's budgetary constraints.

Nibel

Wait Kaito? I thought it was Kite

That's almost Gattsu/Guts level of renaming, right

Also, is that a normal page from the manga or from a magazine chapter?

CrazyDude

And I thought Kubo overused whitespace.

184_10_done.jpg

FleenerW

Wait Kaito? I thought it was Kite

That's almost Gattsu/Guts level of renaming, right
Not sure if you're just poking fun at purists, but Kite/Guts are correct translations. Pronunciation for both examples is also similar to their English counterparts. (Again, my bad if you're joking. Sometimes I can be slow.)

Nibel

from the manga.

Not sure if you're just poking fun at purists, but Kite/Guts are correct translations. Pronunciation for both examples is also similar to their English counterparts. (Again, my bad if you're joking. Sometimes I can be slow.)

Not sure there's an official spelling for that one.
(and if there were, it'd probably be something ridiculous like "Kiattro" or "Hqyyht")

Ah, thanks for the infos guys; so Kite it is

And his not-shitty-drawn stuff looks pretty good, didn't know he was this talented

FleenerW

Yeah, but Togashi seems to like transliterations as names. Along with Knuckle you've also got Palm and Shoot. Kite kind of fits the theme.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet but as a huge HxH fan and a manga reader I want to know what are the anime only viewer expectations on the confrontation between Gon and Pitou.

I remember trying to figure out how the battle would ensure between the two when I read the manga and got me all excited when they released how it all folded out!

Nibel

I haven't watched the latest episode yet but as a huge HxH fan and a manga reader I want to know what are the anime only viewer expectations on the confrontation between Gon and Pitou.

I remember trying to figure out how the battle would ensure between the two when I read the manga and got me all excited when they released how it all folded out!

Well, after seeing recent episode and the gifs on some pages before, here's my theory:

- Pitou heals itself and turns into crazy-murder-mode
- Gon stops giving himself the guilt for what happened to Kite
- Gon will finally realize what pieces of shit Pitou and the other ants are and become a super sayajin
- Gon will defeat Pitou against all odds

2OxL3YZ.gif

Philippo

I don't know, i fear they're going with the berserk mode stereotype where gon goes absolutely batshit and beat the shit out of Pitou, who should be able to kill him with one arm.

Either that, or Pitou will be ablo to talk his way out of this.

Seems like everyone is too far to come in Gon's help, i guess Knov/Morel could show up, but even then the outcome wouldn't change.

MCD

Anime only here

Something is definitely wrong with gon. I'm expecting something like him getting a special class nen or some ass pull due to the spilt personality? or the dark nen around him.

or maybe he remembered how kurapika defeated the spiders with that special pact thing. maybe he made it that he can only defeat ants now?

just give me the fight I am dying here.

Erigu

Yeah, but Togashi seems to like transliterations as names. Along with Knuckle you've also got Palm and Shoot.
And "Gyro", like Pegosaurus pointed out. For all those, the source is pretty clear, sure (although, once again, I bet they'd get silly alphabet spellings anyway).

Kite kind of fits the theme.
And "Kaito" would fit with other Japanese-sounding names...

kirblar

Isn't the manga translated with masculine pronouns when referring to Pitou?
(Chimera) Ants are a bunch of males and a female queen. The human/mammal thing is bleeding through with the "worker/guard" ants, and some of them are showing up with feminine traits despite technically being male.

Hence..weirdness.

Lulubop

Isn't the manga translated with masculine pronouns when referring to Pitou?

Official data book refers TO pitou's gender using the word he, though I do feel there are some big differences in Pitou's depictions in the anime and manga.

In addition IIRC the Ant Queen can only give birth to males. Although Togashi might have been inconsistent with this.

Philippo

Official data book refers TO pitou's gender using the word he, though I do feel there are some big differences in Pitou's depictions in the anime and manga.

In addition IIRC the Ant Queen can only give birth to males.

Yeah in the anime they're obviously going for the kawaii psycho killer with cat traits.

FleenerW

Knuckle, Palm, Shoot, and Gyro are all named after baseball pitches though
Ah. Hm. Well, maybe Kaito is Kite because
his arm went flying?
(Kidding of course.)
And "Kaito" would fit with other Japanese-sounding names...
Aren't the majority of them more odd/borrowed than they are Japanese? (Biscuit Kreuger? Silver Zoldyck? Canary? The Royal Guards? Etc. ) Overall I'm mostly indifferent about name preferences, but I always thought Kite seemed like the more probable spelling.

Top Bottom