• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Soriku

When 3 minutes of your episode is flasback and 3 minutes of your episodes is opening/closing credits and 6 minutes of your episode is characters monologuing about nothing your pacing isn't average, it's woeful. This kind of padding happens all the time in manga adaptations of shounen action shows but that doesn't make it any less shitty.

Maybe, but all of those arcs are still a few episodes long. After that they're moving to the next thing. It's not one huge arc that's badly paced.

These kind of defences don't really make much sense. This entire arc has had pretty wonky pacing throughout (in terms of the story beats) but it's been truly god awful lately strictly in terms of padding. I thought the Trost Arc from Attack on Titan was excruciating but this takes things to a whole new level and it's completely indefensible.

Outside of the most recent episode, I wouldn't exactly call it "padding". Things are happening all the time. Actual plot developments aren't getting stretched out, just piled on top of each other. Togashi is just really bad at doing perspective shifting effectively, making the pacing super wonky. Can't remember totally, but I feel like Yu Yu Hakusho was like that too at points.

I'm sure from Killua's perspective this is heart attack material but main character armor kills any sort of worry that I could potentially have about Gon's situation right now. Someone else and I'd be bracing for the worst.

Main characters, there at the beginning, gonna be there all the way to the end.

Blades64

Banned
I'm sure from Killua's perspective this is heart attack material but main character armor kills any sort of worry that I could potentially have about Gon's situation right now. Someone else and I'd be bracing for the worst.

Main characters, there at the beginning, gonna be there all the way to the end.

I think all know that Gon will survive somehow. The suspense is in finding out HOW.

Radec

ohhh boy...

watch out for the next episode

3AQmK.gif

Grzi

You guys are hyping up what's about to happen way too much, I think a lot of people will end up disappointed when it actually happens.
Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely amazing, but I think a big part of what made it great is we didn't expect it. Now, everyone is aware something is about to happen, god knows what they're expecting, and I'm kind of worried it won't have as big of an impact as it did for us manga readers. Still, can't wait.

upandaway

Well it's been a good few months now of this talk, so the only way it wasn't going to happen would have been mod policing. At least pretty much everything after next week is completely unknown.

vareon

Yeah, a friend of mine spoiled an image scan on Facebook. Dunno why people would do that :/ I read the manga so I'm OK, but I reckon most people here want to see the arc continue clean, so be very aware of your Facebook/Twitter feeds/etc.

Moaradin

Anyone know for sure what episode it's ending on? It's definitely nearing end game now so like 10 episodes or so?

This arc is ending on 135. And I think it's been confirmed that the next arc is gonna be animated. Don't know how many episodes that will take. Heard it was a shorter arc.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm sad nibel is banned and i won't get to read his immediate reaction to the upcoming episodes. hopefully the ban isn't a long ban.

Mortemis

Banned
The manga continues next week though, no?

In a few days, actually. :D Well you aren't wrong though, but that's a whole other topic I wanna avoid.

I could get used to this, getting a new episode then a chapter the day after. Sounds like heaven x heaven. Won't last long though. :(

kewlmyc

I've tried to avoid spoilers, but there is one scene that has been spoiled for me for a while now. It should be happening this episode, can't freaking wait.

Looks like details for va's for the next arc,
Election Arc
, are being shared. Arc starting on July 8th.

Pariston : Hiroki Takahashi,
Chidol : Ikue ôtani,
Alluka : Maaya Uchida,
Mizaistom : Akio Ôtsuka.
Piyon : Tomoka Kiriyama
Kanzai : Ryôta Ôsaka
Tsubone : Ikuko Tani,
Amane : Marina Inoue

Peco

Looks like details for va's for the next arc,
Election Arc
, are being shared. Arc starting on July 8th.

Pariston : Hiroki Takahashi,
Chidol : Ikue ôtani,
Alluka : Maaya Uchida,
Mizaistom : Akio Ôtsuka.
Piyon : Tomoka Kiriyama
Kanzai : Ryôta Ôsaka
Tsubone : Ikuko Tani,
Amane : Marina Inoue

Sweet

Yonafunu

Uhm, the current arc is supposed to end with episode 135. So this is weird.

Edit: Nevermind, there seems to be a one week break between 135 and 136. Makes sense.

Kyuur

Chidol is Chopper? Seems like an odd choice to me.

So hyped for the episode today and new chapter tomorrow. This week is HxH week!

I'm so confused right now?!?!?!?!?!?

That wasn't a fight, it was an annihilation!

I know there is a downside and a high cost to what Gon did, but this still feels kind of illegal and out of left field.

Kyuur

Pretty much a perfect episode. Loved the stylistic choices, and the ending music timing was great. Content wise, I love it, I can understand why some people will dislike it though (anyone who hated Kurapika's power would probably hate this too). Personally, gonna rewatch this 5-6 times just like I did with Netero vs King haha.

Top Bottom