• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Reading is one thing, watching this in action is in a whole other level.

Looks like details for va's for the next arc,
Election Arc
, are being shared. Arc starting on July 8th.

Pariston : Hiroki Takahashi,
Chidol : Ikue ôtani,
Alluka : Maaya Uchida,
Mizaistom : Akio Ôtsuka.
Piyon : Tomoka Kiriyama
Kanzai : Ryôta Ôsaka
Tsubone : Ikuko Tani,
Amane : Marina Inoue

OMG they are animating the next arc? Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

The episode was again one of the best of the show and was extremely awesome but I guess it didn't hit as hard because I had already spoiled myself (by mistake) and the HxH world (including HxHGAF) was hyping this up to be the greatest episode ever. I think that was the main thing that reduced the impact for me

But this was the best episode ever

In fact, the true problem I have with this development is what it happens at the end of the Election Arc (full manga spoilers, don't read if you haven't read all the manga!)
Not only Gon goes SSJ, at least he pays up a price for it. But that price is nullified in the end, that's the big problem for me. Gon is healed "for free", Nanika's ability was another deus ex machina, one even bigger. I like how in HxH the big powerful abilities have conditions and restrictions to work, it's like when you build a rpg character, you pay positive points with negative points, so it's fair. Nanika's power was super breaking powerful but at least it had consequences, you had to pay the price in lives. FMA equivalent exchange, if you want to see it like that. But because Killua asked it... no price to pay! I know nen is basically magic but it felt like the laws of thermodynamics were broken and someone did an infinite energy generator. Ummph.

While I somewhat agree with you that the Alluka thing was a cop out, I do still kind of like it because it shows even further the depths of Nen. Also, we stuill don't know if Gon will ever be able to use Nen again, so he may have to do some special training to get it back, or just never have it, which makes the consequence still real. The power he used never explicitly stated he would die, just that he was sacrificing his talent and his lifespan.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

C'mon son

edit: does this show even have a manga thread

I always considered that it meant "don't write manga spoilers freely, people haven't read it", but if properly tagged and spoilered it was ok.

edit: At this point I think this should be the official HxH tread, anime will end soonish in any case, and I don't think a manga thread will have a big enough following to justify his existance.

Kieli

Well that was ridiculously stupid and not fitting the tone of the show.

I hope you'll stick around for the next arc. You'll like it.

The great thing about Hunter X Hunter is that each arc has its own style. You don't like one, you're bound to like another.

andymcc

Banned
I hope you'll stick around for the next arc. You'll like it.

The great thing about Hunter X Hunter is that each arc has its own style. You don't like one, you're bound to like another.

the tagline shonen jump is using the advertise the next arc is: "What is being aimed for is darkness. What is being hunted is hope. What blocks the way is endless despair."

hehehe

docbon

Fuck the fancy OP. Just do it, lots to discuss in the next 24hr.

Honestly. I spent 30 seconds looking at the OP of this thread. There's no need to tie a special importance to it, especially when the manga hints and discussion are clogging up this thread to the point where people are saying the impact of this episode was dulled by them.

I always considered that it meant "don't write manga spoilers freely, people haven't read it", but if properly tagged and spoilered it was ok.

edit: At this point I think this should be the official HxH tread, anime will end soonish in any case, and I don't think a manga thread will have a big enough following to justify his existance.

I disagree. You still have people that start watching the show towards the end. Even though the AOT season ended, you still have the occasional posters in that OT as well.

Cbajd5

Yeah, they're not leaks, just the current weeks WSJ in Japan, WSJ US(VIZ I think) translates it a week later.

No, they're leaks. Viz publishes the English WSJ the same day the physical issue is officially released in Japan. It's why the manga's continuation and the World Trigger Anime were announced online, so they wouldn't be leaked before they were officially announced.

Stulaw

No, they're leaks. Viz publishes the English WSJ the same day the physical issue is officially released in Japan. It's why the manga's continuation and the World Trigger Anime were announced online, so they wouldn't be leaked before they were officially announced.

Ah ok, I didn't know, sorry for that.

Salih

me while watching Ep. 131
7oAd87c.gif

in-fucking-credible.

Blades64

Banned
You guys don't seriously think:
that Gon will lose his Nen forever right? He's the freaking main character of the show. Nen has become so much apart of HxH's world that the main character not having it for the rest of his life would be kinda counter productive. Even if he loses it for a long period, I feel like he will get it back at some point.

As for the episode itself: I freaking loved it, but I just wanna see what's gonna happen with Gon now.

Killua was fantastic.

Jiraiya

Loved the episode but that was some serious bullshit. Gon is the main character there is no way he's going to lose his ability to use nen. Maybe he'll lose it but he will find a way to restore it. If he never is going to be able to use his powers again then I have no problems with what happened this episode.

Zom

Banned
Eeeeeh that was okay, I guess, still was better the fight between netero and the king. Now I can only focus in the manga.

smurfx

get some go again

there it is folks! gons potential is to be as powerful as the king. maybe even more powerful as he would have developed more nen skills training for decades. i had no problem with the way he powered up since he sacrificed all his future potential to gain power right then and there. also not just any nen user can achieve what gon did as he was an especially gifted nen user and his sacrifice meant much more.

spoiler for next arc

i didn't have a problem with the way gon got power but i do have a problem with how everything was resolved.

I feel pretty much the same way as I did when I read the manga chapter loved the demolition though it is perfectly understandable why others might be down on it.

FleenerW

Well that was ridiculously stupid and not fitting the tone of the show.
you mean the part where a villain describes how eating a child's brain is better tasting than what he's eaten up till that point fits the tone of the show better?
What exactly is the tone of the show? I'm curious.
Maybe he means how the series is usually praised for going against tropes and then it kind of resorts to one. I know nen is involved, but it's ultimately anger = power. I would have preferred a strategic team effort with a few character deaths instead of
Bruce Banner.
I still enjoy HxH, but I hope you can understand some of the disappointment.

Radec

holy shit,
didn't know he buried his right arm on her body before obliterating her. ruthless. manga is badly drawn and I didn't noticed it. lol

Soriku

Very good episode. Anyone have a pic of
Pitou's broken face
?

I don't have a problem with the
power up
. As stated Gon had a lot of potential plus he has more resolve than anyone else. Also it's quite different from Kurapika because I doubt Kurapika has Gon's potential, plus he's trying to take down the entire Phantom Troupe instead of focusing his anger on just one enemy.

Also it's great the next arc is getting animated.

andymcc

Banned
Maybe he means how the series is usually praised for going against tropes and then it kind of resorts to one. I know nen is involved, but it's ultimately anger = power. I would have preferred a strategic team effort with a few character deaths instead of
Bruce Banner.

that isn't really an issue with tonality.

Now this is a controversial part, even when the original chapter came out.
BUT FUCK THAT BECAUSE
I FINALLY GOT MY ANIMATED GON-SAN. I waited a long time to see how they would do this AND DAMN DID THEY DO IT RIGHT. I waited a long time to see the kick, the punch, Pitou's skull finally being crushed, all that and I am thoroughly satisfied. The black and white, the shading on his transformation, all that was amazing. I still love this fight.

Trevelyon

Bruce Banner.

Going into future spoilers lads...
as far as the cosmetic change and hulk-rage out of thin air, I feel ya, it didn't create the greatest impression first time I saw it.Though, I think it still manages adequately transcend common shounen tropes in a fuller context, as the price paid by Gon is quite severe and the Alluka element is extremely complicated and layered, hardly Togashi taking the easy route. It's not a well he can keep coming back to time and time again given the haphazard nature of Alluka and the danger she might face from other forces (or God, help us he doesn't use her as a crutch)

Though granted, one should anticipate a wide degree of vary reactions to this episode from manga free readers. My only hope is they let this sit a little while, see what's next and maybe revisit their feelings on the issue.

G.ZZZ

Worst part of the ant arc by far. Deus ex machina, when everything else is resolved in intelligent ways, this hurt of deus ex machina even more sigh.

Trevelyon

Worst part of the ant arc by far. Deus ex machina, when everything else is resolved in intelligent ways, this hurt of deus ex machina even more sigh.

See it through to the final episode of the (2011) anime. If you feel much the same, that's perfectly fine too.

Top Bottom