• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Salih

Gon x Beast Mode

rNH1oDd.gif

dWPqQri.gif

Ninjimbo

So I was expecting an epic, back and forth fight. Instead I got a weirdly satisfying beat down that ranks as one of the best things I've probably ever seen. Great stuff.

I liked how the instant power up was given an element of tragedy. Usually, the crazy power up comes from trying to commit a noble act. Sometimes vengeance is a factor, but I can't recall seeing a protagonist in such a sad, defeated state. Gon looked less like a hero and more like a villain. It was powerful.

What a fantastic arc. I have no idea how this will end.

kirblar

So I was expecting an epic, back and forth fight. Instead I got a weirdly satisfying beat down that ranks as one of the best things I've probably ever seen. Great stuff.

I liked how the instant power up was given an element of tragedy. Usually, the crazy power up comes from trying to commit a noble act. Sometimes vengeance is a factor, but I can't recall seeing a protagonist in such a sad, defeated state. Gon looked less like a hero and more like a villain. It was powerful.

What a fantastic arc. I have no idea how this will end.
Just as you start to
understand Pitou? Boom. Armshot.

yami4ct

I was really interested to see everyone here's reaction to Super Gon. On the one hand, it's such a copout way to handle the fight. On the other, by that time you so want to see Pitou get her ass handed to her so far that it really satisfy that desire. A really interesting moment.

Kieli

I was really interested to see everyone here's reaction to Super Gon. On the one hand, it's such a copout way to handle the fight. On the other, by that time you so want to see Pitou get her ass handed to her so far that it really satisfy that desire. A really interesting moment.

Weight trainers hate him. He got jacked in 10 seconds with one simple trick. Click here to find out how!

FluxWaveZ

On the other, by that time you so want to see Pitou get her ass handed to her so far that it really satisfy that desire. A really interesting moment.

Actually, I don't know so much about that. Sure, I want all of the royal guards and the king to get destroyed, but Pitou wasn't actively evil lately. All it was doing was healing Komugi and actually showing empathy, such as apologizing to Gon several times because of what he was going through. It did lie about Kite, though.

The one I've always wanted to see beat on the most was Pouf.

yami4ct

Actually, I don't know so much about that. Sure, I want all of the royal guards and the king to get destroyed, but Pitou wasn't actively evil lately. All it was doing was healing Komugi and actually showing empathy, such as apologizing to Gon several times because of what he was going through. It did lie about Kite, though.

The one I've always wanted to see beat on the most was Pouf.

Maybe it was a little different coming from the manga, but man did I hate Pitou for every second she was there. Seeing how she toyed with dead people, seeing how pure evil she was. Pouf gets those moments later on, but I don't think that he shows the pure disrespect for other life that Pitou shows. Sure, she does some positive things near the end, but that definitely didn't take away any of my pure hatred for her. Made her a really great villain to me.

Kieli

Pitou probably viewed humans the same way human viewed insects. How many of you feel guilt when you destroy a fly or misquito?

yami4ct

I'm beyond ready to see Pouf get the beats. He's just awful.

Earlier on, I could cut Pouf a lot of slack. It was clear that of the royal guard, he was the most motivated by the survival of the colony. A sort of noble goal. Later on (post king meeting Komugi I guess), he becomes such a wonderfully hatable shithead.

Pitou probably viewed humans the same way human viewed insects. How many of you feel guilt when you destroy a fly or misquito?

That attitude is what makes her so frightening and so evil. It's the part that made me hate her the most and what made her complete annihilation so cathartic.

MCD

You guys should spoiler these Gon pics. Many folks might come to this thread as new watchers or have yet to watch the latest episode.

fertygo

Man I can rewatch this episode over and over again, the scenario might be result of poor/lazy writing but its made incredible sight and event.. maybe that's what Togashi thinking, the anime just elevate it further with the direction and sound, so goddamn great.

Moaradin

That was fucking amazing. The way it was animated. The music, the directing. EVERYTHING. Need to see this episode a few more times.

phaze

Hunter x Hunter 131

The episode was stellar on the technical side of things* but I really dislike where things went plot wise.
Gon ascending to the King was ridiculous but I was even more let down by the subsequent fight, which I hoped would amount to more than a singular kick and punch. The ep ended on a strong note though and I'm curious how they will proceed.

* The reuse of Netero vs King end music in the middle bothered me for some reason.
Gon is an ugly bastard now. Should have stayed in his black and white form. Much prettier.

My guess about
Bisky being the mother may yet come true. :p

jboPz4UM4rlZLO.jpg

some fun pics were released back when uber gon happened in the manga.

That looks quality, I never saw that before.

I can't believe Gon went from being a 13 year old kid straight to SSJ999.

I have to see it is so refreshing seeing a cartoon/anime/manga lead character actually kill another "human" character, has this ever really happened before?

I really have loved the last two episodes. They work so well together. I really have no idea what direction this show is going in. How can Gon be a full grown man with one arm who can no longer use nen and is willing to kill?

MCD

I really have loved the last two episodes. They work so well together. I really have no idea what direction this show is going in. How can Gon be a full grown man with one arm who can no longer use nen and is willing to kill?

He is gonna revert back to his normal form. No way he is staying after that Jajanken nuke.

As for his nen, my guess he will restore it in some way. They always do.

He is gonna revert back to his normal form. No way he is staying after that Jajanken nuke.

As for his nen, my guess he will restore it in some way. They always do.

Yeah, I am guessing so too. As long as it is done in a good way then I have no problems with it.

Top Bottom