• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Jigolo

Hunter x Hunter 132

HOLY SHIT. That was an amazing episode.

King after consuming some of Pitou and Youpi is unbeatable. Gon-san would not stand a chance and I don't even think Netero (prime) would either. Finally this arc is coming to a close and everything seems to be coming together. My favorite arc personally but I'm ready for something new.

Meruem da goat.

Hunter x Hunter 132

Two players out, six still in. But overall a slow episode, more about the tension itself of where everyone will move or what will they say in each moment, will the King discover the mystery, etc.

Jex

There are definitely good arcs in shounen that are longer than this.

I'm not arguing that you can't have long arcs, if they're paced well paced and actually full of meaningful character and story developments. Simply filling your arc with side characters that you develop over the course of the arc but which ultimately amount to very little is doing neither of those things. And for the anime, of course, having 30 lines of narration for every minute action doesn't help matters.

If you look at the beginning of this adaptation you'll seem them compress and speed through manga content (that's already been adapted once) and people seemed largely fine with that. They could just as easily have done the same here, or even kept the adaptation relatively faithful, but instead they chose to stretch out an already lengthy arc even worse than the original manga. This was a deliberate, commercial decision because they know there's not that much manga left to adapt.

I don't think I fundamentally disagree with anyone e.g. I don't think there's poorly written characters or bad fights or bad world building, I think it's all fine I just don't think it's necessary and I feel it greatly detracts from everything else that's going on. I can understand the opposite position, that all this extra material is enjoyable and interesting. However I cannot understand the position that the adaptation is well paced - it certainly is not with padding showing up in nearly every episode.

kewlmyc

You think his Gramps and father are going to return?

Probably not. It's pretty damn funny how much of a threat Meruem and the Royal Guard are, yet NOBODY in the HxH world sans a handful seem to give a flying fuck about actually participating and stopping them.

Like where the hell is Hisoka? Why did Bisky show up just for training, then fucked off on a blimp? why did the Zolyduks just help out once then left their precious heir to fight the biggest threats to the planet ever with barely any backup?

FluxWaveZ

Everyone's all:

3852+-+angel_beats!+animated_gif+fujimaki+hisako+mahjong+matsushita+tk.gif

Jigolo

Probably not. It's pretty damn funny how much of a threat Meruem and the Royal Guard are, yet NOBODY in the HxH world sans a handful seem to give a flying fuck about actually participating and stopping them.

Like where the hell is Hisoka? Why did Bisky show up just for training, then fucked off on a blimp? why did the Zolyduks just help out once then left their precious heir to fight the biggest threats to the planet ever with barely any backup?
lol no fucks given.

They are not a part of the hunter association which is trying to swiftly take action before (I'm guessing) this gets massive traction and starts scaring the citizens of the world.

The HA is kind of like the nen police force in my eyes. Hisoka, Bisky, and the Zoldykes aren't involved with them.

Pretty good episode. The tension was high.

Anyway I was wondering. Mereum is ridiculously powerful. There is no one right now that can stand up to him and even before his pre-upgrade, Netero who was humanity's best hope couldn't do much. So that got me wondering. How the heck will they top this character in future episodes? I mean is it a case of going back to weaker and smaller scale powers or will we get introduced to characters even more powerful than the King?

I know in shows like DBZ the leading pattern is a stronger enemy emerges above the previous one but atleast the protagonists could always fall back onto to some new SSJ power up or technique. There is no such thing as far as we know in HxH.

So I'm really intrigued as to whether a guy like the King is a one off or there's more secrets in their world that we've yet to find out about?

andymcc

Banned

Knuckle was contemplating trying to call for backup in this very episode. The Hunters association wanted as very few people as possible to be involved in this, as stated by the Chairman when Gon and Killua had to challenge Knuckle and Shoot.

Grandpa Zolyduk seemed pretty confident in Killua btw.

Einhander

Hunter X Hunter 132

Meruem's En radius and speed were unmatched. He grabbed two of them in an instant. How is mankind expected to defeat such a being? They could always use another nuclear bomb, but for that to happen, they'd have to do another surprise attack. The tension was really high in this episode. I was at the edge of my seat.

Soriku

Slow episode...not much to say. I liked the part where Knuckle just accepted defeat though. And when the King just instantly grabbed the two of them.

Anyway I was wondering. Mereum is ridiculously powerful. There is no one right now that can stand up to him and even before his pre-upgrade, Netero who was humanity's best hope couldn't do much. So that got me wondering. How the heck will they top this character in future episodes? I mean is it a case of going back to weaker and smaller scale powers or will we get introduced to characters even more powerful than the King?

I doubt there will be anyone above the King in power. It's possible, but I don't think that's Togashi's style.

literally no idea what any side plans of action is or how this could possible end. Only possibilities I see are the King for some reason committing suicide or him and komugi riding off into the sunset, never to be seen again.

I secretly hope none or the remaining royal guards die, I know they've done terrible things but they're chibi now, how could you wish ill upon this.

or this

Yeah, there's no way this guy's getting out of this alive. I've enjoyed pouf and his schemes but I see nothing good in his immediate future.

Even chibi puof looks up to no good.

FluxWaveZ

My least fav episode so far. Way to stretch this shit, Pouf. Fuck you.

Really? I found that, oddly enough, a fair amount of things actually happened this episode. Maybe not anything high intensity, but I didn't find that anything was particularly deliberated on for too long outside of maybe Meruem trying to remember stuff, and those were long enough just to establish the fact that he's struggling.

MCD

Really? I found that, oddly enough, a fair amount of things actually happened this episode. Maybe not anything high intensity, but I didn't find that anything was particularly deliberated on for too long outside of maybe Meruem trying to remember stuff, and those were long enough just to establish the fact that he's struggling.

I just wanted The King to end this quickly. Suddenly, Contesto!

Goddammit Pouf. Just Goddammit.

upandaway

lol no fucks given.

They are not a part of the hunter association which is trying to swiftly take action before (I'm guessing) this gets massive traction and starts scaring the citizens of the world.

The HA is kind of like the nen police force in my eyes. Hisoka, Bisky, and the Zoldykes aren't involved with them.
Hisoka and Bisky are both certified Hunters too. Hell Bisky used to be an examiner.

The concentrated force was initially to not give the ants any more opportunity to evolve (and it wasn't needed, either, because all they needed was to snipe the queen, the risk of having a big force was bigger than what it would have given them). There's 0 reason for Bisky to join in, both from her perspective and from the HA's perspective.

Later for the palace assault, the force stayed the same because of all the circumstances that led to that point. If they had 50 other Hunters experienced with the situation, they'd have loved to use them for the invasion too, but they also weren't really needed to a level that they'd delay the assault for it (as evidence, things literally went as well as they could, including if they had more people).

I'm surprised no one is commenting on Killua carrying Gon

Jigolo

Hisoka and Bisky are both certified Hunters too. Hell Bisky used to be an examiner.

The concentrated force was initially to not give the ants any more opportunity to evolve (and it wasn't needed, either, because all they needed was to snipe the queen, the risk of having a big force was bigger than what it would have given them). There's 0 reason for Bisky to join in, both from her perspective and from the HA's perspective.

Later for the palace assault, the force stayed the same because of all the circumstances that led to that point. If they had 50 other Hunters experienced with the situation, they'd have loved to use them for the invasion too, but they also weren't really needed to a level that they'd delay the assault for it (as evidence, things literally went as well as they could, including if they had more people).

I'm surprised no one is commenting on Killua carrying Gon
They are certified but not a part of the HA workforce. (with the exception of Bisky)

Ging is a also certified Hunter too but he's not helping out.

upandaway

They are certified but not a part of the HA workforce. (with the exception of Bisky)

Ging is a also certified Hunter too but he's not helping out.
I... don't think you should divide them that way. A hunter can carry out a particular formal mission for whatever reason, like reputation or hunter license stars or money, but in the end all hunters act on their own agendas. Ging for example is doing his own thing but he's still a Double Star Hunter (and they said he can even apply for Triple), he's definitely helping out, just on his own terms.

RoyalFool

Banned
Kurapika had conditions to reach his max, Gon just did it.

It explained it pretty clearly I thought, he's given away the ability to use nen ever again to gain 10 years worth of growth instantly, but once he cools down that's it - he's powerless forever.

Salih

so what can we expect from the last three episodes, manga readers? For which of those episodes should i get hyped? Please spoiler tag. some ppl here don't like to read about that juicy hype.

so what can we expect from the last three episodes, manga readers? For which of those episodes should i get hyped? Please spoiler tag. some ppl here don't like to read about that juicy hype.

i would tell you what to expect but I think it's better if you just wait and see for yourself. I don't GAF to influence your opinion.

If you like the arc and its themes I think you'll enjoy the ending

After last week's episode I was so meh'd it should have been called Yawnt-er x Yawn-ter. Like I cared what happens around octopus and chameleonian. I want more gon-san.

Einhander

It explained it pretty clearly I thought, he's given away the ability to use nen ever again to gain 10 years worth of growth instantly, but once he cools down that's it - he's powerless forever.

If Gon was no longer able to use Nen, that would change the whole dynamic of the story, as well as adventures and fights that Gon and Killua would get into in the future, but it would also make for interesting predicaments. Gon is still a great problem-solver and he can think on his feet. He would still make an invaluable comrade with or without Nen.

If Gon was no longer able to use Nen, that would change the whole dynamic of the story, as well as adventures and fights that Gon and Killua would get into in the future, but it would also make for interesting predicaments. Gon is still a great problem-solver and he can think on his feet. He would still make an invaluable comrade with or without Nen.
Wrong, Gon without nen is like telling a new born to fend for itself.

Tuck

Episode was decent - still slow, but I liked it a lot more than last week.

Guess we are approaching the end of the arc - 3 episodes left?

Top Bottom