• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Mrcapcom

Just got into this show; always thought it was a slice of life / friendship is forever with my pet frog type manga/anime. Pleasantly surprised it's a battle shonen; even more surprised/happy it's by Togashi Yoshihiro.

How did you get into the anime? Like what drew you to it? Alot of people have been getting into it as of lately wonder why.

FluxWaveZ

How did you get into the anime? Like what drew you to it? Alot of people have been getting into it as of lately wonder why.

I got in when the Chimera Ant arc started. First season of Attack on Titan had just ended and people suggested that I should watch Hunter X Hunter for similar themes of despair and humanity on the brink of disaster, at least in the latest arc.

Jigolo

Probably has to do with the recent hype of some of the best episodes like 126 and 131 along with the manga returning.

I mean come on, that Gon figurine was turned into a buttload of memes.

upandaway

Pitou is technically a male in that if it reproduces it'll be from the male side (the other female animal will give birth), like all chimeras. Same with Zazan. But there's no reason why the both of them can't identify as females. The Chimeras are a bundle of genes from other creatures, so they can have breasts and memories of females despite being male.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pitou is technically a male in that if it reproduces it'll be from the male side (the other female animal will give birth), like all chimeras. Same with Zazan. But there's no reason why the both of them can't identify as females. The Chimeras are a bundle of genes from other creatures, so they can have breasts and memories of females despite being male.
Hey, if it looks like a duck...

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Where can I buy that Hunter x Hunter 50meters of hair Gon online? Japanese websites that I can't understand make me nervous.

So I'm at the Chimera act and uh

Just watched Neferipitou slice off Kite's arm like it was nothing. Even though she's only been around for 2 episodes...she just might be the dopest villain introduced so far.

I still dislike Gon's character design; the doe eye spiky hair really betrays the reality of this anime/manga on first impression.

Jigolo

Just watched Neferipitou slice off Kite's arm like it was nothing. Even though she's only been around for 2 episodes...she just might be the dopest villain introduced so far.

I still dislike Gon's character design; the doe eye spiky hair really betrays the reality of this anime/manga on first impression.

ahh so good. Be weary of spoilers today since it is tuesday. I suggest staying out of this thread for the next 2 days

Yeah, be careful of spoilers. I was put off on the series because of the character designs, but when I finally gave it a go, I really got into it.

Man, the pace of this part isn't the best.

As a manga reader, I would say that the end (132-135) should have been condensed into three episodes and not four.

Nice episode, things are coming to a close. Can't wait to see the ending adapted.

Btw, for those of you who read the manga chapters after watching the episode, don't do that this week. Some things were shifted a bit, and it'd be quite a big spoiler if you saw it.

unless you want to, but just a warning.

As a manga reader, I would say that the end (132-135) should have been condensed into three episodes and not four.

really, I think the pacing is pretty decent right now, except for what I just mentioned above. Why do you think it's too slow ?

kirblar

Had completely missed in the Manga that
Welfin does actually straight-up kill Youpi due to how Missle-Man works. It isn't just the sickness.

HXH 133
it seems they made it more obvious then the manga :/ with the nose blood and stuff

and then that image pic of the bomb... Man they completely gave it away!
if you're still oblivious you will find out soon

Jigolo

Hunter x Hunter 133

AMAZING episode as always. MY god that was as intense as Knov infiltration and one of the best episodes in the arc.

It makes me feel horrible that the ant's are in a vulnerable situation, hell I even feel for Pouf. It's heartbreaking to know what's coming now especially since I've grown to like the ant's as characters, especially the King (my favorite character).

ALSO NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RIP YOUPI MY FAVORITE RG :'''''(

2 more to go.

EDIT: my heart is about to explode. This episode and FF Type-0 PS4 on the same day.

E3 excitement made me completely forget it was HxH day. I need to watch this as soon as class is over.

Welfin does actually straight-up kill Youpi due to how Missle-Man works. It isn't just the sickness.

He did not

KeRaSh

HXH 133
it seems they made it more obvious then the manga :/ with the nose blood and stuff

and then that image pic of the bomb... Man they completely gave it away!
if you're still oblivious you will find out soon

If it is what I think it is (and it seems pretty obvious) then it's a fucking cop out... Hype for the conclusion of the arc deflated... The only thing left to find out is what happens to Gon now...

Jex

I've just realised this show has had the same OP music since the first episode. GET A NEW SONG MADHOUSE!

Also, they're hitting the audience about round the head this episode, I feel.

That's being generous. There's been plenty of episodes that you could have entirely removed from this arc just by not padding the shit out of each and every episode.

Can someone explain to me, in spoiler tags how Welfin's power works again, and (episode spoiler ahead!!!!)
how he was able to kill Youpi?

Unless it's a spoiler for the next two, then don;t answer my question! Thanks!

He shoots you with his missile after asking a question, and when they hit you bugs start growing inside your head until they burst out and kill you

dan2026

Alas poor Youpi, he wasn't so bad.

1402419929800.jpg

kewlmyc

Pretty good episode. Only some minor nitpicks.
Youpi died offscreen, what a load of shit. The radiation theory seems to actually be true, and not sure how I feel about it honestly.

zero_suit

Youpi died offscreen, what a load of shit. The radiation theory seems to actually be true, and not sure how I feel about it honestly.

What other alternative was there? There's no one who can beat the King.

Biochet

I'm wondering, how did palm figure it out?

Did she see this shit with the wolf dude unfold with her nen?

FluxWaveZ

MORE DEAD BUGS

Very good episode though.
Can't believe Welfin of all people/ants took out Youpi, even if he's underpowered now.

Dude liked to talk up his power, but ended up achieving nothing with it. Guess he had to do something with it for once.

Soriku

Palm could you be any more vague to Ikalgo.

Very good episode though.
Can't believe Welfin of all people/ants took out Youpi, even if he's underpowered now.

Also the last shot was awesome with Pouf freaking out and the ending music coming in.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I still don't think he did
His wings were toasted to a crisp; so Welfin was somewhat involved.

Also, I don't think his power makes bugs grow out of your brain, right? I thought that was the alternate power of his in a scenario in which he doesn't get the missiles off(ie Ikalgo). I think he explained that if he asks a question and the target doesn't answer immediately/truthfully it just instantly kills them(when he sniffed the chameleon).

His wings were toasted to a crisp; so Welfin was somewhat involved.

Also, I don't think his power makes bugs grow out of your brain, right? I thought that was the alternate power of his in a scenario in which he doesn't get the missiles off(ie Ikalgo). I think he explained that if he asks a question and the target doesn't answer immediately/truthfully it just instantly kills them(when he sniffed the chameleon).

this is how Welfin;s ability is explained on the wiki

Welfin is a Conjurer and his Hatsu is called "Missileman." It takes the form of a conjured organism attached to his back with a shrunken head and four alien limbs, each holding a missile. To use Missileman, Welfin must fulfill three conditions:
Firstly, Welfin may only use Missileman as a tool of negotiation as part of his vow.
Welfin must then establish a target.
Welfin then loads a missile round in a form of a question or order.
If the target lies or disobeys the order, the attack commences and Missileman automatically fires. A missfire may occur if Welfin incorrectly identifies the target, but if Missileman is successfully activated, the missiles continuously chase the target until they hit. When hit, black centipedes burrow into the target's body. The victim then experiences a great deal of pain and must do as Welfin says, for an act of defiance will cause the centipedes to grow faster--leading to the victim's death. But through a series of negotiation, if at any point Welfin admits defeat in the deal or the target tells the truth, the centipedes will weaken and eventually die.

some people are talking about how there's a lot of padding and pacing issues, but this arc has been pretty 1:1 with the manga IMO, with Madhouse making exceptions where it would be useful to prolong some some scenes. Of course, there are also exceptions to this, but I guess this is just my opion.

fertygo

Well the slow pace actually works for one I like this eps, some predictable outcome but they make it engaging.

So the radiation is true.. WHO WOULDA THOUGHT

kewlmyc

this is how Welfin;s ability is explained on the wiki

Welfin is a Conjurer and his Hatsu is called "Missileman." It takes the form of a conjured organism attached to his back with a shrunken head and four alien limbs, each holding a missile. To use Missileman, Welfin must fulfill three conditions:
Firstly, Welfin may only use Missileman as a tool of negotiation as part of his vow.
Welfin must then establish a target.
Welfin then loads a missile round in a form of a question or order.
If the target lies or disobeys the order, the attack commences and Missileman automatically fires. A missfire may occur if Welfin incorrectly identifies the target, but if Missileman is successfully activated, the missiles continuously chase the target until they hit. When hit, black centipedes burrow into the target's body. The victim then experiences a great deal of pain and must do as Welfin says, for an act of defiance will cause the centipedes to grow faster--leading to the victim's death. But through a series of negotiation, if at any point Welfin admits defeat in the deal or the target tells the truth, the centipedes will weaken and eventually die.

some people are talking about how there's a lot of padding and pacing issues, but this arc has been pretty 1:1 with the manga IMO, with Madhouse making exceptions where it would be useful to prolong some some scenes. Of course, there are also exceptions to this, but I guess this is just my opion.

Now I"m even more confused as to how
Welfin killed Youpi so quickly using this method. Preview shows him in the next episode, so I guess we might find out then.

fertygo

Now I"m even more confused as to how
Welfin killed Youpi so quickly using this method. Preview shows him in the next episode, so I guess we might find out then.

Well Youpi does reject his question, the missile flies and boom? Youpi in very nerfed state afterall.

I think I just put two and two together...I think...based on something that happened this episode.

Don't click if you dont want to be spoiled by a possible spoiler in the next few eps...but this thing happened this episode and I'm a non-manga reader. I'm also just speculating.

Youpi was bleeding before he confronted Welfin so maybe he was further weakened by what is afflicting Pouf?...and then Pouf was coughing blood too...I don't know why though. It can't be radiation, as they werent there when the king had a direct hit. I figured Youpi was just excited...but they wouldn't show Pouf coughing blood for nothing.

Top Bottom